Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Translators Needed!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Translators Needed!

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Jul 24 2010 3:02pm

We have made much progress on the mountain of translation work needed for this project, but we will need more help to finish it.

What we need:
Japanese to English translators with a solid grasp of the intricacies of the Japanese language. Translators will not be asked to form proper english, only supply an accurate translation.

What is Remaining:
All but about 30 files in Sc2 have been fully reviewed. That is, once these 30 files are done, all the translation work on Sc2 will be finished.

The extent of the translation work on Sc3 to date has been filling in the missing lines. All but a couple of files and the bookcase have had all missing lines translated. The majority of the remaining work is the full review of Sc3.

How to Volunteer:
Those who are qualified and would like to contribute should contact me either through PM or email. Be sure to include an email where you can be reached in your contact. Serious volunteers only please.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Translators Needed!

Postby sbloom85 » Mon Jul 26 2010 5:24pm

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Now playing: Shining the Holy Ark and Shining Wisdom
Now playing: Shining the Holy Ark and Shining Wisdom
sbloom85

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby JohnKelley23 » Tue Aug 17 2010 5:36pm

Is there anything that those of us that do not understand japanese and are not very computer savy can do to help besides informing about bugs we come across during playthroughs.
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother fcuker upside the head.
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother fcuker upside the head.
JohnKelley23

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Aug 17 2010 6:36pm

This project is currently without a dedicated translator, so anything you can do to spread the word to fill that position would be appreciated.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby JohnKelley23 » Wed Aug 18 2010 7:00pm

ok, I'll post on my myspace and facebook see if any of my friends have some knowledge in the area and can be of any help.
JohnKelley23

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Tesl » Thu Aug 19 2010 5:22am

Hi mate,

Sorry I realise I only did one of these files last time (its quite time consuming...). Are the 30 remaining files of similar length to that?

Feel free to send me another one if you still have my email address, I might be able to commit a little bit of time to this. I'm trying to replay the entire game again right now anyway (time permitting) so might be able to fill out the scripts on my way through ... :)

Was the first one I added notes to of a high enough standard for you?

Thanks
Tesl

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Aug 19 2010 12:38pm

Good to hear from you again.

The lengths vary greatly.

I'll get one out to you shortly.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Khisanth Magus » Mon Aug 30 2010 4:51pm

I'm not 100% up to speed on what the different stages of the translation consist of. What does the "review" of the translation files consist of?

I do have some experience translating, although my 日本語 has gotten a bit rusty in the years since I moved back from Japan. I've mainly translated stuff like folk tales/myths and children's stories, but what I have looked at in the untranslated game the language use doesn't seem too complicated(try translating old myths that use the Japanese equivalent of middle English). I can't make any guarantees, but I could give it a try picking my translation skills back up and helping out a bit.
Khisanth Magus

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Aug 30 2010 6:38pm

Thanks for volunteering!

Send me a PM with an email you check often.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to SFIII Translation Project