Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Feather
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Best new Shining game in a decade?

Discuss the latest SRPG in the Shining Series, available now for Nintendo DS!

Re: Best new Shining game in a decade?

Postby sulfuroxp » Tue Mar 03 2009 5:12pm

in the Connect Attack

the six chara is random, ecept the last (i only see the first or the second to repeat)

all connect characters use his turn

the next chara (second - third - etc) use de A Button attack
i recommend change A attack with a Normal Type Level 3, you have 4 hits for each chara and make 1.25 burst for each chara

Burst Level 6 is the last

if you use Elemental Type and not Normal, you charge the last bar, its cause much more damage a an rapid makeit

EDIT = the sixth chara have 150 FC

http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... opic=13832
please post here, 4 of the 6 costume of Alfin :B
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Thousand » Wed Mar 04 2009 2:58pm

got my copy as well and it really seems like a cool game, although I only have played the first 2 battles so far. Does anyone have a little guide to the menu and stuff? At the moment I don't have the time to read through the whole thread to check if this has been answered before, I'll do it, as soon as I've time for it :blush:

Another thing, is there any way to Egress like in the old SF games? I accidentally reset a fight once, but I don't think I got extra XP, so I guess it wasn't really like the old Egress :roll:
Thousand

Postby Kaihaku » Thu Mar 05 2009 4:19am

Thousand @ Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:58 pm) wrote: got my copy as well and it really seems like a cool game, although I only have played the first 2 battles so far. Does anyone have a little guide to the menu and stuff? At the moment I don't have the time to read through the whole thread to check if this has been answered before, I'll do it, as soon as I've time for it :blush:

Another thing, is there any way to Egress like in the old SF games? I accidentally reset a fight once, but I don't think I got extra XP, so I guess it wasn't really like the old Egress :roll:

Moogie has been posting bits of the menus here and there in this forum. With a bit of looking I'm sure you could put together most of it.

I don't think there is egress but apparently you can refight(?) old battles or at least take the battles out of order.
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Moogie » Thu Mar 05 2009 9:36am

If I've got time today I'll try to put together some kind of play guide with what the menus do and the other info I've posted around in various topics :)
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
Moogie

Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

Postby Seijuro Hiko » Mon Mar 09 2009 4:26am

Yay!! I?ve got mine too, and so far, this is a great experience in terms of gameplay in my opinion. Even though I don?t understand anything the characters are saying, it seems it has alot of humor, alot of dialogue and many development going on there!

The level-up system is a nice touch too, not exactly what we always see on RPGs, so a good surprise on this aspect. Another great thing is the animation and sprites... somehow they looked crappier on the v?deos that have been showd :p

Anyway, some photos of the package (is it allowed to post them? if yes, just delete the post then)

When can we see some Feather avatars around here? (any chance to get some 100x100 to use on other forums?) :excited:
|Windows XP PRO | Club3d X800 Pro VIVO @ XT 520/560 |
|Athlon 64 3000+| 512 MB DDR Corsair PT |
|SoundBlaster 5.1 | 80GB Seagate IDE | 120GB Seagate 8MB IDE | 160GB Seagate 8MB SATA | 200GB Seagate 16MB SATA |
|Pioneer DVDR-108D 16x | Plextor 52x32x52 PREMIUM T3
|Windows XP PRO | Club3d X800 Pro VIVO @ XT 520/560 |
|Athlon 64 3000+| 512 MB DDR Corsair PT |
|SoundBlaster 5.1 | 80GB Seagate IDE | 120GB Seagate 8MB IDE | 160GB Seagate 8MB SATA | 200GB Seagate 16MB SATA |
|Pioneer DVDR-108D 16x | Plextor 52x32x52 PREMIUM T3
Seijuro Hiko

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby sulfuroxp » Mon Mar 09 2009 1:59pm

the ship is de Nazca Ship :confused:
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Tarethen » Mon Mar 09 2009 11:48pm

sulfuroxp @ Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 am) wrote: ...

the ship is de Nazca Ship :confused:

I don't think so.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Wed Mar 11 2009 2:08am

My copy finally came in the mail yesterday - about time, Play Asia!

Looking quite excellent thus far. I'm enjoying the feel of the whole thing. While I haven't gotten into the gameplay deep enough to cast a rating, the basics at least are well-handled.

But really, this game needs an English language version. Sooooo much dialogue... Sooooo many menus... It's playable enough in Japanese, but I feel like I'm missing out on the full experience.

On a final note, the Feather is the coolest Shining Headquarters ever. Sure, the Caravan was more unique, but you couldn't see the inside of the thing. This baby is stylish and luxurious.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Tarethen » Wed Mar 11 2009 2:10am

I just got Rush... Doing a bit of leveling up now. So far, so good.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby Dr. Casey » Fri Mar 13 2009 4:53pm

Shining Force Feather looks like a nice game, but I don't know about that Jin. Is he as unpleasant in personality as he is in appearance? He looks like a total punk. Much love for Baile, though.
cullsoft wrote:Arful barfle gloop to you too.
cullsoft wrote:Arful barfle gloop to you too.
Dr. Casey

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Fri Mar 13 2009 7:29pm

I played the game round about 13h during this week and although I don't understand a single word I have to say I really like it.

And because of Jin I somehow really like his appearance because I think he's not such a cliche hero like e.g Bowie was.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Sun Mar 15 2009 1:17am

Dr. Casey @ Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:53 pm) wrote: Shining Force Feather looks like a nice game, but I don't know about that Jin. Is he as unpleasant in personality as he is in appearance? He looks like a total punk.

According to Silverwolf(in an older topic): "Jin's personality is typical rowdy, confident guy with abit of a foul mouth and hates formality, but he is really a big softie at heart."

I don't much care for Jin's appearance in itself, either, but it's a different look that I might grow to like. My first impression of Milanor(Yggdra Union) was that he was some weird cross-breed with a rat that managed to go even more horribly wrong, but by the end of the game I actually enjoyed his appearance.

EDIT: Fixed formatting of quote.

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Silverwolf X » Tue Mar 17 2009 10:16am

Jin isn't as rowdy as you think he is, and his antics are great fun. He gets along with almost anyone and his heck care hard to faze personality is great. The guy had me laughing crazy a few times.

Once Alfin develops herself more, the dialouge she will have with him is nice. As for early game, Jin and Bail's dialouge is also pretty hilarious. Anyway, Jin compliments wellw ith the rest of the cast, so his rpesence really si there and you'll like him.

Provided you can understand japanese that is. Else it'll just look like he is always angry or being a sarcastic jerk. LOL.
THE Import Freak is IN da House.
On Western game publishing policy:
WHAT THE F***!?
WHAT THE F***!?
Silverwolf X

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby sulfuroxp » Thu Mar 19 2009 9:41pm

Pipin, Giyaon (the 6 times boss), Rayfaa, Zeeko, Longun and Shizuma to playable characters??? not a bad idea :excited:
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Silverwolf X » Fri Mar 20 2009 6:07am

Regardless of the fact he looks mean, Jin's just a big softie... one that
WARNING: SPOILER!
WHAT THE F***!?
WHAT THE F***!?
Silverwolf X

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby SegataSanshiro » Wed Apr 01 2009 8:22am

Moogie @ Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 am) wrote:
The battles do look Shiny, I love the little sprites and I think the zoom feature on the battle map is really handy.

Especially because Flightplan graphics are much different then any other series.. They are good, especially on max attacks, but not the type of 3d I'm used to.

This probably is the best shining game is a decade, because it has inspired me to go back and finish the final conflict gaiden. And maybe finish neo (that is if i can beat the damn boss). I havent even touche EXA or Tears yet... but Ill probably have to play SFIII again because it is undoubtedly the best.

While Feather has some good improvments ont he tactical part of the series, I somehow wish it was kept in the straight line block type form... but maybe that is too classic lol.

A game looks pretty nice, plays smoothly, is fun, and definitely worthy for the series... I guess I just wish it was more like some of the older ones.

It seems more and more like a good game as the story progresses on. Does anyone think battles take a little too long tho?

Postby Jagori » Wed Apr 08 2009 3:40pm

Hey Moogie or any current players.

I have a question RE: Game content. Feel free (and I suggest) throwing any answer into a hide spoiler box.

One of the big draws for me personally in SF games were hidden items, content and of course, hidden characters. Have you come across anything along these lines yet??
Jagori

Postby Silverwolf X » Thu Apr 09 2009 10:11am

Nope, but there is a cameo from EXA and some bonus tougher battles. Nothing is hidden or anything though and the game is straightforward as can be.
WHAT THE F***!?
WHAT THE F***!?
Silverwolf X

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Jagori » Thu Apr 09 2009 1:38pm

Thanks for letting me know.

Bit of a dissapointment, I dont remember any SF games (ones done in the strat-RPG format that we love), not having hidden content.

I remember the first time I played through SFII. Finding out i missed out on this little guy >>>> :eyebrow:
I love beating a game, and then rebeating it a 2nd time while uncovering every hidden aspect of the game and ensuring 100% completion. No hidden content = lack of replay value??

Are there ANY draws to replaying the game? (has anyone finished it yet).
Jagori

Postby Silverwolf X » Fri Apr 10 2009 3:40pm

Not that I know of. Other than watching the characters' antics all over again.
WHAT THE F***!?
WHAT THE F***!?
Silverwolf X

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force Feather