Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

It is done!

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Hendricks266 » Sat Sep 27 2008 9:23pm

After the Nov '05 Final Conflict patch was released, some people were still having problems with the patch (me for one). In July of '06, z80_gaiden released a final version of the patch as he left the community, but soon afterwards, the link broke, and there was no WaybackMachine entry for it. Fortunately, someone did download it, and after some digging, I found it.

I decided to compile all versions of the patch in one handy download (Tanarus Asamiya, original SFC, 1105, FluBBa, 070706). This includes the developer notes and tools from the first release.

The final patch (070706) by itself: fcpatch_070706.zip
The complete set: fcpatch_complete.7z

Note: I edited the post to revise the description and fix the broken links.
Hendricks266

Member
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 07 2008 5:24pm

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Alpha » Sat Sep 27 2008 9:25pm

Yeah it's been done and available here for years now.
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile

Laeralas' character sheet
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile

Laeralas' character sheet
Alpha

User avatar
Echo Park
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 22321
Joined: Tue Jun 07 2005 5:03pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Hendricks266 » Sat Sep 27 2008 9:38pm

I know that: the two versions that were officially released, plus FluBBa's patch. There were some bugs left in the translated game. A little while afterwards, z80 released a final version just as he was leaving the community. The link to the file broke. That's the significance of this: I found it.
Hendricks266

Member
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 07 2008 5:24pm

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Martin III » Mon Sep 29 2008 12:54am

Ah, good stuff! I'll have to give this a try when I get a chance. It fixes the invisible cursor problem, I hope?
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Jul 17 2006 4:30pm

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby boogieman » Sun Nov 09 2008 6:27am

YOU ROCK! Thanks!
boogieman

Member
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 26 2008 10:10pm

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Hendricks266 » Thu Jan 29 2009 1:10am

Since Files.to is not a reliable long-term hosting site, I was wondering if my two files could be put on the main site, or a more permanent place.
Hendricks266

Member
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 07 2008 5:24pm

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Flygon » Thu Jan 29 2009 1:18am

Try Mediafire, they work really well for me.
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
Flygon

User avatar
Powered by Jets
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Jan 18 2009 4:04am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby alex_man » Thu Jan 29 2009 12:24pm

Yes mediafire or if you have skydrive at windows live you can put public and anyone can download it
alex_man

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Nov 14 2004 2:39pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Flygon » Sun Feb 15 2009 11:00am

Is it possible for the patch to be reuploaded somewhere? I am interested in playing it.
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
Flygon

User avatar
Powered by Jets
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Jan 18 2009 4:04am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby alex_man » Sun Feb 15 2009 12:37pm

Hendrick might have the patch but if I had it sure I will upload it
alex_man

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Nov 14 2004 2:39pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Hendricks266 » Sat Feb 21 2009 11:23pm

Here are the files, at MediaFire. I revised the original post, as well.

fcpatch_070706.zip
fcpatch_complete.7z
Hendricks266

Member
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 07 2008 5:24pm

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Vyk » Sun Feb 22 2009 4:47am

Yay. I actually happened to pay attention when that dude finally did the patch. But never got around to making use of it. Didn't realize there was a time limit. But now.. :] Awesome
Vyk

Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 2:50pm
Location: OH, USA

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Flygon » Sat Dec 05 2009 3:29am

Just a note, be sure to use the Mediafire account within every 90 days, or else it deletes the account.

On the upside, if you do upload the occasional thing consistently, it stays up forever.
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
Flygon

User avatar
Powered by Jets
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Jan 18 2009 4:04am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Sinful Force » Fri Dec 18 2009 12:21pm

Thank you for rounding them all up. I'm one of those completest guys, so this is very much appreciated.

It will take me awhile to get to this one, since I started the series with Shining Force 3, and I'm about to start the Sega Genesis ones around the start of the New Year. Regardless, I'm looking forward to play this one the most out of all the pre-SF3 games.
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Wed Oct 21 2009 2:24am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Martin III » Sun Mar 21 2010 1:17am

Sinful Force @ Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:21 pm) wrote: Regardless, I'm looking forward to play this one the most out of all the pre-SF3 games.

Really? Why is that?
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Jul 17 2006 4:30pm

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Sinful Force » Fri Apr 16 2010 6:32pm

Yikes, sorry for the very late reply, it just that I only have my nose stuck in the SF3 forums, since I haven't played the rest of the series yet (want to avoid spoilers). I am finally now really going forward with finishing the rest of the games in the series after getting past a stumbling block called SF1.

That and this thread doesn't seem to get alot of action? No way this game can be bad, maybe people just really have a though time playing a Game Gear game (graphics/sound) combined with no town exploration. Really sad, because having no towns seem to really improve the story and batttles, after playing Book one on Sega CD.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it the most because of the Review Moogie gave this on this site in regards to having the best story out of the 2D games. That and it being the last 2D game, I hoping it will be the closest to SF3 in terms of userfrindly menu set-up, touched up/cleaned up battle mechanic and the like.

So far I'm really enjoying the Sega CD Book 1 (almost done), so if this is any indication of the Game Gear ones, I'm even more looking forward to the last Game Gear games even more. After all, by this point, it being the last Game Gear and 2D game, they (Camelot) should really be used to making the games and concentrate more on what's important. That and making Gmae Gear games should be much easier.

So far, to me from what I played (I reserve the right for my mind to change over time and playing the rest of the series), it really does seem like they get better with every installment. Except for the Story in SF2 because it being so unliner that the story obviously had to take a hit, I guess. Though I only played 1/3 of SF2 (I tried to start the series with that but failed. Instead I started with Holy Ark because I've always had my eyes on SF3 for a long time. It did not fail me/let me down. Best game ever).

For me, story and lovable/likeable character and good graphics/sound are needed to go hand in hand with the gameplay to help me immerse myself into that world. This is why I love SF3 the best so far, but that could change (though doubt it, but never know).

When it come to graphics, it does not matter much that it's on the Game Gear compared to Sega CD as long as it's the best/good for Game Gear games. I recall really injoying Metroid Zero missions, and thinking how could I play and enjoy the hidden original in that game and to my surprise, it's my favourite Metroid. Plus the graphics are really good for a Nintendo game, as in the artists made good use of the medium they had and I was able to really immerse myself in that world. Then there is the awesome gameplay. ;)

I really get a kick out of games pushing their respective system, because really good talented people did a very good job/the best of their abilities. And when it shows, it shows.

ie. I like how developers get more colors out of the Genesis by the bluring/colour blending of the TV. That's why whenever I play a Genesis emulator, I always use the bluring option on. You can really notice this the best in Comix Zone. Play it and turn the Blur on and off (make sure your in Fullscreen, and find out what key on keyboard does it) in various esctions. SF CD & SF2 make good use of this too.
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Wed Oct 21 2009 2:24am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Martin III » Fri Apr 16 2010 11:53pm

Sinful Force @ Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:32 pm) wrote: That and this thread doesn't seem to get a lot of action? No way this game can be bad, maybe people just really have a though time playing a Game Gear game (graphics/sound) combined with no town exploration. Really sad, because having no towns seem to really improve the story and battles, after playing Book one on Sega CD.

Totally agree on that last point. :thumbsup: As for the lack of activity on this board, I think the current popularity of each game is still largely a reflection of how popular the games were back in the day. Final Conflict was only released in Japan, so hardly anyone on these boards played it back then. And I don't think everyone manages to go through the whole process of getting a Game Gear emulator, downloading the Rom, and applying the patch, so... Just a case of not many folks on the boards have played it.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it the most because of the Review Moogie gave this on this site in regards to having the best story out of the 2D games.


Hate to say it, but Moogie's way off on that one. Final Conflict has the worst storyline of any of the Shining games I've played... even worse, I dare say, than Shining Tears. You're not even given a reason for battling the antagonists until halfway through the game; before that, the heroes just keep hounding these people for no apparent reason. Hardly any emotional element or twists to the plot, either.

The standout feature of Final Conflict is definitely the enemy AI. As others have observed, the enemies are a lot more aggressive in the game than in any other Force game, with the exception of Shining Force Feather.

So far I'm really enjoying the Sega CD Book 1 (almost done), so if this is any indication of the Game Gear ones, I'm even more looking forward to the last Game Gear games even more. After all, by this point, it being the last Game Gear and 2D game,


Actually, Shining Wisdom is 2D as well.

Shining Force CD is a good representation of what the Game Gear games offer, though SF CD is generally more challenging than any of the Gaidens. The Gaidens are the easiest games in the series, with the notable exception of the USA version of Gaiden II.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Jul 17 2006 4:30pm

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Sinful Force » Sat Apr 17 2010 8:39am

Martin III @ Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 pm) wrote:Hate to say it, but Moogie's way off on that one. Final Conflict has the worst storyline of any of the Shining games I've played... even worse, I dare say, than Shining Tears. You're not even given a reason for battling the antagonists until halfway through the game; before that, the heroes just keep hounding these people for no apparent reason. Hardly any emotional element or twists to the plot, either.

Shot through the heart, and I don't care for that song... Outside of a few guitar riffs and is the solo any good? Got to have a good solo. But that's off topic.

Man, I really hope you are wrong, for obvious reasons :lol:. But yeah, I was and am still looking forward to finishing off the Force games (which is why I didn't mention Darkness & Wisdom, I plan on playing them next) with a blast/on a high note. Also, is that the general census om the storyline amoung fans or people that play it? Because I'm not sure if anybody else will provide their opinion in this forum anytime soon.

Martin III @ Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 pm) wrote:The standout feature of Final Conflict is definitely the enemy AI. As others have observed, the enemies are a lot more aggressive in the game than in any other Force game, with the exception of Shining Force Feather.


That's nice to hear. So I was righ on one thing, in regards to developers improving the overall game engine (that includes AI).

Martin III @ Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 pm) wrote:Shining Force CD is a good representation of what the Game Gear games offer, though SF CD is generally more challenging than any of the Gaidens. The Gaidens are the easiest games in the series, with the notable exception of the USA version of Gaiden II.


That awesome. I just read an EGM article while I was on the can (yes I read gaming mags/defile gaming mags while I'm on the can. At least I was my hands before putting it away, that's all I care for) abiut the import version of SF CD, and I was worried they had their facts wrong (like magazines sometimes do). It was issue 59 (I think). So yeah, that's awesome that they did that.

Oh, so I take it the Gaiden ones don't have a difficulty select like the Segha CD one? (or like Final Conflict?)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Wed Oct 21 2009 2:24am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Sat Apr 17 2010 10:28am

Martin III @ Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:53 am) wrote:Hate to say it, but Moogie's way off on that one. Final Conflict has the worst storyline of any of the Shining games I've played... even worse, I dare say, than Shining Tears. You're not even given a reason for battling the antagonists until halfway through the game; before that, the heroes just keep hounding these people for no apparent reason. Hardly any emotional element or twists to the plot, either.

errr actually, aren't the main protagonists going after Max who's also going after the baddies himself? Cheesy I know, but I think that's enough a reason. Also they're the bad guys so they must be smote. And to be fair, there are a few plot twists, especially near the end. But I see what you mean. :lol:

Also, is it just me or does it feel like the other force members speak for the sake of speaking during some of the cutscenes?
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

User avatar
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 6031
Joined: Sat Oct 29 2005 9:02am
Location: France

Re: Final Conflict Patch Complete Set

Postby Martin III » Mon Apr 19 2010 2:08am

Sinful Force @ Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:39 am) wrote: Man, I really hope you are wrong, for obvious reasons :lol:. But yeah, I was and am still looking forward to finishing off the Force games (which is why I didn't mention Darkness & Wisdom, I plan on playing them next) with a blast/on a high note. Also, is that the general census om the storyline among fans or people that play it? Because I'm not sure if anybody else will provide their opinion in this forum anytime soon.

I'm not sure what the general consensus is among fans. I know that I'm not the only one who thinks the story is awful. On the other hand, I also know that Moogie isn't the only one who likes it(though she is the only one I've heard say that it's the best story of the pre-Saturn games).

Oh, so I take it the Gaiden ones don't have a difficulty select like the Sega CD one? (or like Final Conflict?)


That's right. In fact, though I'm not at all sure of this, I seem to recall someone saying the difficulty selects on all the pre-Shining Soul games are an invention of the localization teams, i.e. none of the Japanese versions of the games have a difficulty select.

Lord Oddeye sama) wrote:errr actually, aren't the main protagonists going after Max who's also going after the baddies himself? Cheesy I know, but I think that's enough a reason.


That's like saying Robin's attacking Superman because Batman's attacking Superman. :) It doesn't provide any reason at all, just passes the buck on to someone else who similarly has no reason for his actions. Why is Max chasing them, and why do the protagonists unquestioningly follow his example?
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Jul 17 2006 4:30pm

Next

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

cron