Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 3 Emulation Sound

technical help

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Shining Force 3 Emulation Sound

Postby ChainBS » Sun May 05 2019 5:20am

Is it cool to ask about emulation setting in here? I'm using SSFvr.12 beta R3 because it worked well with Panzer Dragoon Saga, didn't look the best but other versions broke the game for me. Tried SF3 tonight for the first time and the sound was really off, it sounded like everything was out of key, but I think it might be because it was being slowed down. Anyone else have any problems with the sound and find a solution?

Here's a link to a video with what I'm hearing, let me know if its just in my head or if it really is janky.

https://youtu.be/gj-_dXA4b4g
ChainBS

Re: Shining Force 3 Emulation Sound

Postby Swalchy » Wed May 08 2019 10:49am

No - that's an actual issue with the sound of SSF. It is well known, and yes, very off putting by the off-key sounding notes.

I personally don't bother listening to the in-game music when I play on emulation (if I do ever get around to playing games these days). It happens in other games as well.
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Shining Force 3 Emulation Sound

Postby Kalkano » Fri Jun 21 2019 6:58pm

I highly recommend using "Yaba Sanshiro" as your emulator. The sound issue is not there.
Currently Playing for the First Time: Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Black Eagles Route)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Playing for the First Time: Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Black Eagles Route)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Return to Shining Force III