Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon: Nyttelost's Battle Corner - Shining Force: RotDD

Write-Ups and Videos to Battle #20

Here's the place to discuss the "Resurrection of the Dark Dragon" game for GBA. Note that the original Shining Force has a seperate forum.
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Nyttelost's Battle Corner - Shining Force: RotDD

Post by Nyttelost »

A long, long time ago, I did a write-up of a few mods of various Shining Force games on here, documenting my progress with battle reports. With improvements to my hardware and software, I'll continue this trend. Now including video! Videos will be put into spoilers, but I'll do a battle report proper below the spoiler. If I update during a period where no activity is occurring on the thread, I'll edit the last post that I made.
Spoiler
Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5
EDIT: Chances are that you might not be able to see the video (or videos, as the case may be when I update this more). If that is the case, here's a link to the master playlist proper.
With that, let's begin!

Episode 1
We receive grave news: Max- I mean, Dan lost his memory after washing up on the shores of Guardiana about a year ago. Now we receive even graver news: Ward doesn't like us, but everyone else that matters does. So forget about Ward. The King bequeaths us with a mission to the Gate of the Ancients, and we must gather some troops (and some good herb) to take it on.

We recruit:
Dan (that's us!)
Ken (his dad died when he was young)
Tao (something happened involving a monster)
Hans (tells us our coat is blue, and it means "Don't lose hope.")
Luke (the only member of a band)
Lowe (is always hungry)

Then we go out in the carriage and...
Mawlock! Ah! He's only a little fishy. But we are given a secondary quest to collect cards for some reason. Onward!

We go to a nearby cabin to recruit:
Gong! (Not much is known about him at this point, but it was fate that we met.)

We also found some tasty yogurt.

And now, for battle!
Battle #1: The Folly of Goblin-Man
Grinding Egresses: 0
Deaths: 0
Bonus: Yes
This battle is rather straight-forward. Just don't let your guard down.

Episode 2
I leave the cabin behind and proceed to...
Battle #2: Leave Ken Behind!
This battle is also straight-forward. Ken will likely get left behind in this battle, as centaurs do not handle hills (or most terrain, really) well.

Guardiana was wrecked by Runefaust, and Kane steals the Light Saber (yes, Light Saber - those used to the original will be confused by some of the changes in this game) and the life of Varios and the King. Sadness was had. Mae challenged Kane to a duel, and Dan saved her from a brutal slash by parrying Kane. The Ward reveals that the Light Saber belonged to us.

Aaahhh.

Anyways, we recruited Mae and Gong to conclude these past two battles with...
Dan - Level 3
Ken - Level 1
Tao - Level 2
Hans - Level 3
Luke - Level 3
Lowe - Level 2
Gong - Level 2 (talks about his backpack)
Gort - Level 2 (has an epic tale to tell)
Mae - Level 2 (something is bothering her)
Cards Collected: 1

Episode 3
I gave everyone at least one herb for next battle and whenever herbs are necessary. Anyway, we leave for Alterone when suddenly-

Battle #3: Bats. Bats Everywhere.
We learn that Dan is a lethal weapon against bats. We also learn that Luke does not mess around. Also we sling spears and fists against bats and have it be relatively effective.

We destroy everyone and proceed to explore the area outside of Alterone Castle, looting every chest and telling a merchant friend that Guardiana's knights were annihilated. Also, everyone in this town is super greedy for reasons, there's a not-so-secret tunnel somewhere, and the priest's deputy is performing the priestly duties.

Levels:
Dan - Level 4
Ken - Level 3
Tao - Level 3
Hans - Level 4
Luke - Level 4
Lowe - Level 3
Gong - Level 3
Gort - Level 3
Mae - Level 3
Cards Collected: 1. Haven't entered headquarters to see if we have friendship cards, but I will in the next update.

Episode 4
We loot what we can from Castle Alterone and then speak to the king. Turns out that while he's a greedy man normally, he does care enough about his people to surrender to Kane if it means sparing the townspeople. Nobody said he was a clever man, though, and the king realized that he was bamboozled when Kane threatens to take off his head to get Dan to surrender.

Anyways, we collect cigarettes in order to talk an inmate into helping us break out and- oh, wait, wrong game. That's Dead to Rights. Khris comes to save us and shows us a secret passage to get out.

I talk to allies to learn more about their stories, collect their cards, then we go out into the sunlight to take on Kane!

Battle #4: Now With More Glass Cannons!
Hans almost died, but otherwise this battle went swimmingly. We did not get the Evil Ring, though. Oh, and the new enemies are glass cannons. Sorry, Snipers and Dark Mage, but you'll have to do better than that!

We survive with barely even a scratch, and we obtain Khris' card. Then...

Episode 5
We take the remaining slim pickings. We talk to the King, tell him that we don't forgive him and then forgive him when we realize that he won't let us leave until we do. Anyway, he tells us of the "secret" tunnel, and so we hightail it into...

Wait, what's this? An epilogue? Sign me up!
We get a good look at Runefaust's capital castle, where Ramladu lives with Darksol and others. Ramladu has a daughter named Narsha, and Narsha thinks that Darksol is bad news. Unfortunately for her, he is bad news, and he sends agents to kill her... but not before Mawlock appears out of nowhere and destroys them with a single charge. Anyway, Narsha gets sent to a desert temple ruin area and must fight her way out!

Battle #5: Remind Me of the Babe
Egress is not possible.
Narsha moves slowly through the sands until a new hero in... chitinous armor joins the fray. Meet Zuika. He has the power of... something, and will stop at nothing to obliterate his foes, which are a bunch of rats, spiders, scorpions, and a Dark Mage in this very battle. I take my sweet time to get what I want out of this. We end this battle with the following:
Narsha - Level 5
Zuika - Level 6

Meanwhile, the Force arrives at Rindo and we conclude with the following:
Dan - Level 5
Ken - Level 5
Tao - Level 4
Hans - Level 5
Luke - Level 5
Lowe - Level 3
Gong - Level 5
Gort - Level 4
Mae - Level 4
Khris - Level 2 (she talks about her daily routine when she was young)
Cards Collected: 6.

I'll generally do one battle per video, although I'll squeeze in plot wherever necessary.
Last edited by Nyttelost on Wed Jun 06 2018 2:50pm, edited 12 times in total.
Current Youtube Activities:
Chroma Squad, Valkyria Chronicles, Shining Force: RotDD.

Sometimes I stream on Twitch.

"Strategy. Is. Always." - Shane (Did You Know Gaming), Asagao Academy 2016
stefanos2k10

Re: Nyttelost's Battle Corner - Shining Force: RotDD

Post by stefanos2k10 »

i like this whens next update?
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Nyttelost »

Now, actually.
Spoiler
Videos will be placed here when they're uploaded. If for some reason you cannot view them and don't feel like loading unauthenticated scripts on Chrome or something, as videos displayed here seem to do for me, feel free to refer to the first post for the master playlist.

Episode 6

Episode 7
Episode 6
We explore Rindo, taking in the sights and smells of the region. Oh! There's an armadillo man in a steam suit! There's a play about our failures against Runefaust! There's a moment where Nyttelost himself suffers from sadness caused by Valkyria Chronicles! There's a mayor that tells us to go to the Land of Bottomless Breadsticks known as Marinara - I mean, the Magical Land of Manarina! And so, after checking the stores and buying a magic resist ring, we venture out...

Battle #6: In the Desert on a Horse With No Name
We cross the desert and annihilate our foes in about as much time as it takes to cook some Turbo Pepper-seasoned Quick Chicken and enjoy the resulting meal. I mean, it took a while, but not too long.

We arrive at Manarina and...

Episode 7
Anri doesn't trust us, but Tao steps in and vouches for our goodness. And so, Anri joins us. We scour Manarina for resources, and we obtain the following:
- Cards.
- An egg, and knowledge of how to hatch this egg.
- The knowledge that demons often take on the form of people's wives.
- The knowledge of what it's like to be a chicken
- The knowledge that there's a centaur folding some laundry for food who could probably be adopted.
We then speak to Otrant and get sent to the caverns below.

Battle #7: Breath of Death VII
Battle Deaths: 2
Total Deaths: 2
A miscalculation on my part led to the deaths of Ken and Mae, the former of which was chopped by the Skeleton and the latter of which was hit twice in a row by Blaze 2. We were smoking this whole cave regardless of this tragedy, though, and we won fabulous prizes.

We cannot leave until we see the Spirit of the Spring, so... Dan is told that he has a purpose in life, and it isn't just to be the punching bag of people that don't know him initially. And so we are officially christened as the... Shining Force!

Our Levels after Battle #7 are...:
Dan - Level 7
Ken - Level 6
Tao - Level 4
Hans - Level 6
Luke - Level 7
Lowe - Level 4
Gong - Level 6
Gort - Level 6
Mae - Level 6
Khris - Level 4
Anri - Level 4 (she wants to get to know you)
Cards Collected: 10.
I'll collect Arthur next time. I haven't left Manarina yet.
Last edited by Nyttelost on Wed Apr 25 2018 10:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

stefanos2k10

Post by stefanos2k10 »

im loving this keep it up :)
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Nyttelost »

Of course. :thumbsup:

Videos will be put into spoilers when they are uploaded. This one will contain Episodes 8 through 10 (Episodes 9 and 10 will be uploaded over the course of the next three days). As before, if videos don't show up, you can use the master playlist in the first post of this thread.
Spoiler
Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10
Episode 8
So we enjoyed bottomless breadsticks for long enough, and we recruit Arthur! I gave him the Power Ring so that he could compete.

We make it back to Rindo to see that the play is different! This time, it shows the future, in which we kick Runefaust's rear. We also learned that Crock got more funding, which might mean nothing for poor armadillo man. Hope we liberate him. We also tell the mayor that we're the Shining Force, so he should give us the boat. Well, he wants us to go save his grandson, so we go to the only logical place to look for a child... the circus. Apparently he's been there for days!

Battle #8: Chucky Time!
Total Deaths: 4 (2 from previous times)
I tested Arthur's might... and it was good.
Ken and Lowe were annihilated by Freeze 4. Freeze 4 in this game functions much like the Freeze 3 of the original, as the Freeze 3 of this game functions much like the Freeze 4 of the original. Aaaaargh. Anyway, he only got it off once, Gort lived, and we destroyed every clown, puppet, doll, Marionette, and bat in this place. Get wrecked, Marionette.

We save the grandson and we get the boat! Too bad for us, though, as Mishaela lights it up with fire. Shining Force indeed. We are then told to avoid Bustoke and go straight for the Pao Plains. Unfortunately, we kind of have to go through Bustoke to get there, according to the mayor's son, whose son we saved.

Episode 9
We prepare to go north to Shade Abbey, where a priest can help us.
Unfortunately for us, we find only weirdos and birdmen.
It also turns out that the weirdos are a dark sun and a bunch of undead! We only fight the undead. Dark Sun Man - I mean Darksol runs away.

Battle #9: The Church of Hot Addiction
Battle Deaths: 0
Total Deaths: 4 (4 from previous times)
We get poisoned a few times, but it was nothing for us. Get wrecked, ghoul and underling undead!

We then unfreeze Balbaroy and we recruit the birbs of prey. I'll use both for a bit, although I'm not sure who the second person I'm booting out will be. I know the first one I'm booting, though. But that won't happen until after...

Episode 10 will be uploaded 4/29.
We cut straight to the Epilogue! Zuika and Narsha are frolicking through a wooded path to a harbor.

Battle #10: Sail Away
Egress is not possible.
The Kraken proved to be dangerous, but not more dangerous than the power of Narsha and Zuika affected by Attack 2! We stomped over everyone and stole Gobgovitch's sou- I mean card. Card.

After the battle, our good friend Mawlock shows us a better way than sailing across the sea to cause various creatures to become extinct.

This concluded with the following levels:
Narsha - Level 7
Zuika - Level 7

And now, for Chapter 3! We immediately notice that men are not here! We find a nearby church and save; the priest is a man, though.
We conclude the videos with the following for our Force, as well as how the byrds of prey start off with us...
Dan - Level 8
Ken - Level 8
Tao - Level 6
Hans - Level 7
Luke - Level 8
Lowe - Level 4
Gong - Level 7
Gort - Level 7
Mae - Level 8
Khris - Level 5
Anri - Level 6
Arthur - Level 7 (he wants to tell you trivia)
Cards Collected: 14.

New Members:
Balbaroy - Level 5, is going to usurp Ken's place. (Tells you of Vern, a famous birdman)
Amon - Level 5, unsure of whose place to usurp. (Tells you ancient birdman spells)

I'll explore around and start off Chapter 3 proper next time.
Last edited by Nyttelost on Tue May 01 2018 6:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

stefanos2k10

Post by stefanos2k10 »

any more coming soon?
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Nyttelost »

stefanos2k10 wrote:any more coming soon?
I'm actually going to stream some of it tonight (around 9 PM EST, which is 6 PM PST and 2 AM GMT). The plan is to get through most or all of Chapter 3 in this stream. In case one misses it, I'll upload the archive on Youtube, and the write-up will happen here shortly after the stream has concluded.

EDIT:
The stream has happened.

Episodes 11 to 14: The First Stream
Future streams will likely be just grinding streams, but the purpose of this one was to merely destroy Chapter 3, as Chapter 3 has always been my least favorite chapter in both the original version and this version of the game. At least the epilogue fight was interesting.
Spoiler
The Stream
Episode 11
We explore Bustoke and learn about why most men are missing from this town. It turns out that Runefaust are a bunch of wankers and forced them to work in the quarry! It is here that we get Diane and... don't use her. We also swap out Gong and Ken for Amon and Balbaroy. And now, for the quarry...

Battle #11: The Best Birdman
Total Deaths: 6 (4 from previous battles)
Amon and Gort got their geese cooked by an errant Blaze 2.
Balbaroy ruled this battle. We also gain levels.

We recover the moonstone and perform shenanigans with the alchemist to get Lunar Dew!

Episode 12
We proceed to feed Zappa- I mean Zylo - Lunar Dew, and we recruit him to our cause. He'll perform smash hits like Sheik Yerbouti and Weasels Ripped My Flesh. Speaking of all this...

Battle #12: Weasels Ripped My Flesh
Battle Deaths: 1
Total Deaths: 7 (6 from previous battles)
Frame Rate Destroyed?: Yes
Zylo was stabbed by the last Pegasus Knight. This necessitated a second Silver Ring. This would also turn out to be pointless.
We had a moment where the frame rate was utterly destroyed by the power of Tao. Other than that, this battle was a leisurely stroll through the woods.

Episode 13
We return to Bustoke and make Kokichi fly. We also yoink his card from his assistant. We then proceed to...

Battle #13: Hold the Line! Lowe Isn't Always on Time!
Battle Deaths: 3
Total Deaths: 10 (7 from previous battles)
Terrible Musical Moments: Yes
Zylo's life was claimed by an instant death arrow. Arthur was butchered by a lizardman. Tao make an honorable sacrifice so that Anri could annihilate the Dark Elves. The revengeance was sweet.
Balbaroy and Mae kicked some serious tail in this battle.

We recruit Pelle, a suave man, then we cut to...

Episode 14
Narsha, Zuika, and Mawlock come to a strange machine hole that houses a bunch of ghosts and various undead creatures. Battle!

Battle #14: Ghostbusters!
Egress is not possible.
Battle Deaths: 1
Total Deaths: 11 (10 from previous battles, first and only time for this path)
Zuika does not like the cold. The Will-o-wisps didn't like him too much, it seems.
We stomped their undead arses into the ground, and we gained the following levels:
Narsha - Level 10
Zuika - Level 8
Mawlock - Level 9

Meanwhile, the Shining Force arrives at Pao and we eat some Yogurt to conclude the stream.
Levels!
Dan - Level 11
Tao - Level 9
Hans - Level 10
Luke - Level 11
Lowe - Level 6 (he will be dropped, but he'll stick around to heal for a bit longer)
Gort - Level 9 (he, too, will be dropped, but he'll stick around to axe things a bit longer)
Mae - Level 13(!)
Khris - Level 8
Anri - Level 8
Arthur - Level 10
Balbaroy - Level 10
Zylo - Level 11
Cards Collected: 15.

More will be added sooner or later. Most of the time, I'll record this stuff offline, but future streams will likely be things such as grinding or something silly. I'll also try to have people join me so that we may discuss things as I do this.

stefanos2k10

Post by stefanos2k10 »

cant wait for next part :) you given up?
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Nyttelost »

I haven't given up.
Life interfered, to make it short.

Episodes 15 to 16: The Second Stream
This was recorded on May 24th, 2018. The stream for this is a bit somber, as this comes off the heels of John Bain (TotalBiscuit) passing.
Spoiler
Episodes 15 to 16 VOD

Episode 17
Episodes 15 to 16 were part of the stream that I called "The Stream of Consciousness", where I talked about a couple of things.
Episode 15
We wander around Pao aimlessly and eventually come across our next recruits, a lazy wanker and a flying old man. We use the flying old man, who is inspired by paper planes.

We eventually walk outside after everyone left.

Battle #15: Duel With Elliot
Total Grinding Egresses: 0 (still)
Total Deaths: 11 (no new ones)
We raged across the plains and decimated everyone and everything.
Dan also learned to activate sky lasers. That was funny.

We defeat Elliot and recruit Mawlock, Narsha, and Zuika. We use all three of them.

Episode 16
We land in the resettled Pao, and we hatch an egg.
Domingo!
He's a flying jellyfish creature!
Domingo!
He sings the song of his people!
Domingo!
That's all he says in this game!
Domingo!
That's Spanish for Sunday!
Guntz!

Wait, that wasn't Domingo. Guntz is here!
We recruit him too.
They then sit on the bench for eternity.

HA! Just kidding, they get put in as well.

We get the Blaze Bomb and blow open a wall...

Battle #16: 1-2-3 PUNCH!
Total Grinding Egresses: 0 (still!)
Total Deaths: 11 (no new ones)
I got super lucky with the Power Ring and made Kokichi dominate while taking double turns thanks to Mawlock. Domingo also does pretty well.

We storm Uranbatol and recruit Earnest as a random guest/friend pops in for the end of the stream!

Levels are as follows:
Dan - 13
Tao - 10
Luke - 13
Mae - 14
Anri - 9
Balbaroy - 12
Kokichi - 12
Narsha - 10
Mawlock - 9
Zuika - 9
Domingo - 3
Guntz - 8
Cards Collected: 20

Guntz might get switched out in the future. Same goes for Anri, but I'm not sure yet.
The next stream might be in another week assuming that I don't record individual episodes before then... I recorded Episode 17.

Episode 17
We swap out Guntz for Earnest after we obtain Guntz's card pretty easily. Earnest is destined to kick some rear, and we need to help him achieve this goal. So... onward!

Battle #17: Earnest's Big Break
Total Grinding Egresses: 0
Total Battle Deaths: 12 (1 in this episode)
Anri was killed by artillery fire.
Earnest was powered up by Narsha and Mawlock in order to destroy his targets. We also witness the effects of Boost, which weren't terribly great for Tao at this stage.

We then hop on a boat after being accosted by Dark Sun- I mean Darksol and immediately flee from a battle before engaging in anything. The sea will have its time. No worries.

Resting levels:
Dan - 13
Tao - 10
Luke - 13
Mae - 14
Anri - 10
Balbaroy - 13
Kokichi - 12
Narsha - 11
Mawlock - 10
Zuika - 10
Domingo - 4
Earnest - 11
Cards Collected: 22. We snagged Balbazak's card while we were here.

Grind Stream Extreme #1 will be on Tuesday, May 29, at 9 PM EST!
Last edited by Nyttelost on Tue May 29 2018 7:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

stefanos2k10

Post by stefanos2k10 »

good work as always :D
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Nyttelost »

GRIND STREAM EXTREME!
It was okay. The cacophony of voices and tangential conversations may have scared some away, but yes, progress is made.
Spoiler
Episode 18 VOD
Episode 18
So we are on a ship. There's nothing to do on this ship. So let's party on the deck!
Oh, wait, we get raided by conches.

Battle #18: Grind Stream Extreme #1
Total Grinding Egresses: 4 (all from this stream)
Total Deaths: 17 (5 from this stream)
So Earnest was felled once. Anri was felled once. Luke was felled once. Kokichi was felled once. Mae was felled once. Not necessarily in that order, but the discussion of WoW and various other things blurred my sense of time. What is important is that conchs were roasted, lasers were used, and the force is prepared for the next battle or two. Grind Stream Extreme will likely occur again.

We made it to Waral after that massive conch party.

Levels:
Dan - 15
Tao - 13
Luke - 14
Mae - 15
Anri - 13
Balbaroy - 14
Kokichi - 15
Narsha - 16
Mawlock - 11
Zuika - 14
Domingo - 12
Earnest - 14
Cards Collected: 24 (we got Narsha's and Zuika's cards during this)

We will resume normal activities next week. This week is chaotic and available streaming days for the week are devoted to other games that I'm going through.

stefanos2k10

Post by stefanos2k10 »

keep up the excellent work
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Nyttelost »

A couple days ago I streamed some more.
I'm just now getting around to writing up.
Spoiler
Episode 19 to 20 VOD
If all else fails, use the link.

Episode 19
We explore Waral and meet a king who is also a shopkeeper. We receive a hint that there are three things to read to recruit someone. We'll do that later.
We then set sail into the reef, only to get sucked in! Ah!
We meet a priest that tells us about his misadventures to this very reef.
We decide to go into reef.
We find a robot.
We follow robot, only for us to find a bunch of dead ends.
Except for one. That one leads into...

Battle #19: Glass Land
Total Grinding Egresses: 4 (unchanged)
Total Deaths: 17 (unchanged)
We learn that hellhounds dodge a lot and are immune to fire. Nice! We should get one.
But we don't. Instead, we go ahead and destroy (mostly) everything.
Then that blasted mage destroys everything in a cutscene! Drats!

We escape from Glass Land and go sign-hunting to recruit... a ninja. My friends then comment on how there's always a ninja named Hanzou somewhere.

We then replace Earnest with Hanzou and put him to good use.

Episode 20
We then get ambushed on the high seas again! At least they're not birds with guns.

Battle #20: Grind Stream Extreme #2
Total Grinding Egresses: 8 (4 from this stream)
Total Deaths: 17 (unchanged)
We roast some more conches and meet up with a gargoyle that is a chump.
Narsha also reached Level 20, the first to do so.

We then get lost at sea and drift for a while, until we conveniently end up in the Land of Dragons, Dragonia. Specifically, we learn that adults are chumps and that Lyle is a centaur.

We then proceed to get lost and not figure out the other "read these three things and recruit yourself a new member" riddle. We'll do that next time, and next time I think will be a properly recorded episode instead of a stream.

End of Stream Levels:
Dan - 16
Tao - 16
Luke - 16
Mae - 16
Anri - 15
Balbaroy - 16
Kokichi - 16
Narsha - 20 (to be promoted next time)
Mawlock - 12
Zuika - 16
Domingo - 16
Hanzou - 3
Cards Collected: 24 (still)

stefanos2k10

Post by stefanos2k10 »

kepp it up :D
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Nyttelost »

Yes.

I did a "hey let's do an unannounced stream and pray for the best" stream on Tuesday and, well...
Spoiler
Episodes 21 to 24 Stream VOD
Episode 21
So we find Musashi.
Great!
We shred our way to the next battle, where Domingo is scared squid-less.

Battle #21: Dragon Plan!
Total Grinding Egresses: 8 (none added!)
Total Deaths: 17 (unchanged!)
Domingo found out the weakness of a Dullahan... a bunch of ice cubes!

Episode 22
We investigate Dragonia to find that those Rindo fellows get around quite well. We also find a BARREN WASTELAND. We then find a cowering Bleu and he defeats a knight. We immediately recruit him and abandon our plans to use Hanzou for the game. Then Shredder comes out to play. I mean Kane.

Battle #22: Duel With Kane!
Total Deaths: 18 (1!)
Mae was Super-Attacked by a Dullahan and felled in one hit. This was sad.
Otherwise, with enough steroids Bleu can become awesome, and Dan took out Kane.

We then learn that Kane is... our brother?! Egads!
Darksol also shows up for the lulz.

Episode 23
We go back to Rudo for lack of anything better to do and learn that Dark Dragon and the Legacy of the Gods are the same thing. Goodie!
We embark on our journey to destroy a Dark Dragon.

Battle #23: That Doesn't Happen in This Battle
Total Deaths: 18 (unchanged!)
We decimate Diablo 3, Chapter 2 and... wait a minute, I've got the wrong script! I meant to say that we destroyed the enemy army and proceeded straight to Demon Castle, where a familiar foe awaits!

Episode 24
Mishaela.

Battle #24: Mishaela
Total Deaths: 18 (unchanged!)
She is still seething from the whole "Marionette" episode, and now she throws pretty much everything she has at us. We still won.

Mishaela gives up the Light Saber and now we have the Fo- NOT YET.
We proceed to Chapter 7 and this Prompt place seems a little... strange.

Levels!
Dan - 4
Tao - 19 (Unpromoted)
Luke - 3
Mae - 3
Balbaroy - 5
Kokichi - 4
Narsha - 5
Mawlock - 12
Zuika - 4
Domingo - 19
Musashi - 5
Bleu - 12 (Unpromoted)
Cards Collected: 28

I'll stream this again sometime. That was fun.
UPDATE EDIT: I did the entirety of Chapter 7 in a stream Wednesday morning/afternoon. I haven't counted the deaths and egresses yet (a few of those were forced egresses...), but let's just say they were brutal and I'll update that soon.
Spoiler
Parts 25 to 28 VOD (this may take a bit to process before you can see it):
Last edited by Nyttelost on Fri Jul 06 2018 7:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

stefanos2k10

Post by stefanos2k10 »

:D
Nyttelost
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Nyttelost »

Given the nature of streaming in bulk (i.e. I stream several times a week and it takes me a bit to catch up in recording the stats), I'll write what the final numbers are before the reports are written.
Spoiler
Chapter 7's VOD is in my last post.
Episodes 29 to 33 VOD:
Final Party:
Dan - Level 18
Musashi - Level 5... Promoted! Yes, that happens in this game.
Kokichi - Level 13
Alef - Level 3
Mawlock - Level 17
Balbaroy - Level 17
Torasu - Level 3
Adam - Level 3
Domingo - Level 28
Mae - Level 17
Luke - Level 30. Yes, Level 30. There are reasons.
Narsha - Level 24
Final Cards: 39
Final Egresses: 12
Final Deaths: 44

Chapter 7 involved much death and destruction... on me.
The trek to Darksol's Tower of Death and Destruction... I mean, Tower of the Ancients, itself took 5 deaths... one of those was Dan, hence 1 forced egress.

Also, we see statues of dragons with swords on the outside. A sign of things to come. Or at least, they would have been, had they remade the Shining Force CD and Shining Force: Final Conflict games in the same format. Regardless, we're met with 5 more deaths, Dan being one of them. We persist and win, but then Dan loses his voice. Well then.

We then take a trip to Metaphaaaaaaaa! Metapha, Metapha, Metaphaaaaaaaaa!
Oh, wait. The music of this battle is replaced with the sea battle music for some weird reason. That tune no longer works. Frig.
Anyways, Dan is picked off once, then it took 6 more bodies to win against Chaos, the Breaker of my army.
We then go and forge ourselves a Chaos Saber, I mean Chaos Breaker... which doesn't give us our voice back, but we now have a green saber.

We then storm Runefaust. Only two were lost in the charge, and none of those were Dan, so... Victory!

Onward, to Chapter 8! We learn about how Ramladu has lost his humanity and that Darksol is the kind of guy that'd unironically include the word "Darksouled" in his name on Facebook for the world to see, so we must put a stop to this whole operation. We dig up the Holy Ring in the shop's deals and give this, the Black Ring, and the Evil Ring to Luke. Now he is unstoppable.

We then go storm Ramladu's castle. Yeah, Dan falls in this first attempt to mass chimeras. Attempt #2 at the front gate goes a bit more smoothly, with 1 left dead.

Then we confront the man himself, Ramladu. He and his robots get beaten up, but not before one falls in battle. Ramladu was felled by Narsha.

We then fight The Colossus of Rhodes and his two Colossi of Clones. This is what Luke was born for, and also why he had the most sacred and the most profane of rings. Oh, and the Black Ring. Luke got so caught up in the bloodlust that he didn't notice the three dead party members in the corner, eaten by chimeras. Needless to say, Luke destroyed the middle head and then some.

Then we take on Darksol, the Dark Soul. Yes, he says this. No one cares, and then no one but Darksol dies. Dan finished him.

Then he hydra-tes himself and becomes Dark Dragon, the Three-Headed Destructor of Our World and general reason why one should occasionally have a breath mint. Demon Breath: That really fouls up the place, you know? Anyway, Balbaroy gets headbutted to death, and Mawlock slaps his last head to death. Roll credits.

Domingo says the final words of this run... "Domingo-o-o-o!"
Yes, they turned him into a Pokemon. I apologize to those who fondly remember the original and how Domingo was awesome in both personality and power. In this one, he is just awesome in power.
We do make it out to a farm, but then something happens so that a New Game+ is now possible! Woo!
I may go for another lap of this for the stream, but other than this, and still needing to collect all the cards, we've reached the end. I'll change up the party, likely use Zylo, Zuika, Bleu, and Hanzou to the end for next time, among other things. Maybe I'll give an archer a chance?