Shining Mobile Games: Why not a "Shining force heroes"?

Covering Shining Force Chronicle, Shining Road: To the Force, Shining Force Exa Mobile and Shining Wind Cross.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Tarrus

Why not a "Shining force heroes"?

Post by Tarrus »

Fire Emblem Heroes is a success.
The game is simple but strong.
I don't understand why Sega didn't think about a similar game with "Shining Force".
They could plan an awesome game with low budget, low costs and very good profits.

This is a mystery.
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Re: Why not a "Shining force heroes"?

Post by Cullsoft »

I thought Sega already did something along those lines, or at least added heroes from the Shining series to a game featuring characters from various Sega franchises.

Except they only used post-Camelot Shining characters. Which is what I suspect they'd do if they did make a game like Fire Emblem Heroes.
Tarrus

Post by Tarrus »

So it will be a bad game.
Best Shining Force games were done by Camelot.
Sega got the trademark of the entire series, so they could use all games.

If Sega and Camelot are still in bad reliationship after 20 years, they both need a good psychiatrist.
Kaihaku
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Kaihaku »

The thing about Fire Emblem Heroes is that not just that it's Fire Emblem...it's that they actually made it better than other Gacha games (well, at least compared to the ones my brother plays). It's more generous, higher quality, and far more responsive. Sega would really have to impress to edge into this crowded market and...frankly...the characters are a problem as well. Fire Emblem has had design consistency over the years but I have zero interest in the Shining characters post-Camelot.
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

it could be a good idea i'm playing it fe heroes now is a cool game. i can imagine julian synbios and medion +max and bowie lol :thumbsup: :)
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Diego_Didakus »

Sega made profti with Chain Chronicles a gacha medieval rpg and now their main mobile game of this type is Hortensia Saga, that already made a lot of colaborations with other franchises, even evangelion.
Check out my projects: https://quasarcorpsgame.com.br/

Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
Kaihaku
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Kaihaku »

alex_man wrote:it could be a good idea i'm playing it fe heroes now is a cool game. i can imagine julian synbios and medion +max and bowie lol :thumbsup: :)
5448311914 :thumbsup:
knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by knight0fdragon »

The shining name is not as popular as it once was. Fire emblem, Dragon Quest, and Legend of Zelda are huge titles with a lot to work with for every generation. Shining Force would only conform to the older generation, as the newer works just not are as successful as the titles mentioned. When the relationship between sega and camelot died, so did the shining series
chevkraken
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by chevkraken »

Shining serie never been popular and is maybe more popular now than during the old days, Shining hearts and Shining blade are the most successful Shining in japan, and with the western release of Shining resonance on every platform, Shining resonance have a good chance to be one the best selling entries of the franchise.

Don't forget Shining force 2, the best selling Shining in the world made less than 500000 sales worlwide, Shining Force, 300000 sales only, Force 3 scenario 1, in the Darkness and CD less than 200000, Holy Ark less than 150000. the game gear ep, Force 2 scenario 2 around 70000 sales and Force 3 scenario 3 less than 40000

Actually most of the Shining of the 15 last years made between 130000 and 200000 sales even with just japan. (
Dark Maiden
Dark Priestess
Shining Legend

Post by Dark Maiden »

Because as much as we love it, Shining Force has never been anywhere near as popular as Fire Emblem.