We did it!! Huge thanks for all the support xx

Always check this forum first!
Moogie
Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

SFC Annual Beg 2017

Post by Moogie »

Argh, it's been another busy year but at least this time y'all have some proof that I'm still here, still care and am keeping it Shining!

In case you missed it, earlier this year I gave the Shining Force 2 site a much needed overhaul - a new, responsive design with a number of corrections & updates. The Shining Force guide is also in the process of undergoing a similar overhaul - but may be a while yet.

The SFC revamp is on the backburner somewhat due to my heavy workload and continued ill health. Not to bore you with the details, but I have finally got a diagnosis - CFS/ME (want to know more?) and am receiving guidance - they call it treatment - for learning to manage with the symptoms. I don't know how much longer I can keep up with my work, but in any case I am effectively working myself out of a job at this point (ah the joys of automation and simplified content management). The upshot of that is that I hope to have a lot more time next year to work on the new site.

Anyway, I digress. You all know what this post is for. The hosting bill is due by the start of October, so I'm here grovelling for your hard earned cash again (and hoping that eventually the banner ads will start to produce an income to cover costs). In good-ish news, due to some package restructuring at our host, the bill has come down a bit and we now only need $300 annually to cover costs.

Edit: we've done it, huzzah! Thanks everyone, I shall settle the invoice today :D
Check me out on Twitch! :excited:
http://www.twitch.tv/ShiningMoogie
Wiz
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: SFC Annual Beg 2017

Post by Wiz »

:shifty: donated !

Best wishes for your adaptations in life according to your diagnosis, and thank you again for your work on SFC ! :)
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

I can't throw any money your way but I'm actually in full support of the ads at the bottom of the site. It's not invasive and if it drives in some income, that's great.
Moogie
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

Thanks Wiz!

So far those ads have sadly done nothing income-wise - may need to rethink and let it show newer releases not just Shining games.
Moogie
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far - we are currently at $60 :)
rbahamut

Post by rbahamut »

Glad to help! Spent so much time on SFC over the years. You're doing a great job and the new sf2 site is awesome and mobile friendly! Keep it up!
Moogie
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

Thanks very much indeed, really glad you like the new SF2 site :)

Have had a few more donations in, we are now at $160 :D
Patrel Rushlock
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Patrel Rushlock »

Donated! Hadn't caught the SF2 site update, <3 it! One request, dark mode plz :D
Moogie
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

Thank you!
We're now up to $220, wowzers!

Dark mode on the forum you mean? I'll seecwhat I can do :)
igable
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by igable »

I remembered this time you do this around this time of the year! I've missed every one you have done so far so I'm happy that I actually saw this this time. Just donated, hope you reach the $300 mark. Glad I was able to give something back to this site, little as it may be.
Shining Force Challenge Mod Conqueror :)
Moogie
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

Thank you very much! With several donations yesterday we now need just $30!
333nrt

Post by 333nrt »

Moogie wrote:Thank you very much! With several donations yesterday we now need just $30!
Email me at my registered email address and I'll cover what's needed
Moogie
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

333nrt wrote:
Moogie wrote:Thank you very much! With several donations yesterday we now need just $30!
Email me at my registered email address and I'll cover what's needed
That's really kind of you, thank you. We have actually just hit the target :) but the offer was very much appreciated x
Obabikon

Post by Obabikon »

I wanted to register to just say thank you! This is an amazing site for an amazing game. I have played it off and on since I was a kid... and now, I'm walking my daughters through for the 2nd time this year. They absolutely love it, but they make us use every female character and kiwi. It is incredibly helpful to have this site for tips, and I will happily donate next year to keep it up and running.

The girls were 6 and 8 years old the first time we played it "as a family". Then we went backwards to Shining Force, and now we're back on #2. I think people overlook bonding with kids, playing games like the SF series.

Anyhow, I'm rambling on... just wanted to say thank you!
NoGood

Post by NoGood »

Suggestion:
Why don't you open up a year round donation for future hosting costs? I too always miss your annual begging because I check this forum infrequently, but I do appreciate its existence :)
piper

GET SHINING FORCE CHARACTERS ON THE NEW SMASH BROS.

Post by piper »

there may be a new smash bros. for Nintendo switch get Nintendo to put shining force characters in it
JonsieJames

Post by JonsieJames »

Obabikon wrote:I wanted to register to just say thank you! This is an amazing site for an amazing game. I have played it off and on since I was a kid... and now, I'm walking my daughters through for the 2nd time this year. They absolutely love it, but they make us use every female character and kiwi. It is incredibly helpful to have this site for tips, and I will happily donate next year to keep it up and running.

The girls were 6 and 8 years old the first time we played it "as a family". Then we went backwards to Shining Force, and now we're back on #2. I think people overlook bonding with kids, playing games like the SF series.

Anyhow, I'm rambling on... just wanted to say thank you!
this post nearly says it all.. fist of all i wanted to thank everyone here that has supported SFC throught the years. Agreed amazing site, amazing game. i first played SF1 around the age of 8 with my dad, and just finished the FIRST play through "as a family" with my 9 year old daughter. She loved it and we cruised through it fairly quickly. the story aspect and all its quirks, kept her enthralled and of course we had to use a bunch of animals and knights..lol now onto 2. she hasnt even seen kiwi yet.

I remember coming to this site way back in the day of dial-up.. at least for me.. Id love to donate to the shining cause.. cause I love it, and you all must love it too.. lol sorry ima little cheesy.

anywho, this site stands as testimate to how beloved the Shining series truely is... oh and i ramble too... bahaha
"What is this lock-nar"