Shining Fanwork: Flame Dragon Games

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Flame Dragon Games

Post by alex_man »

Who can remake this games for PC IN ENGLISH? :confused: cuz they are nice games they are 3 of them, i think the language is chinese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8H2PAdZk1o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just pm me if you can do it. :thumbsup:
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Flame Dragon Games

Post by Diego_Didakus »

It looks heavily inspired by shining force, it runs in which console?
Check out my projects: https://quasarcorpsgame.com.br/

Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Oh, somebody finally has interests about this Shining Force-ripoff from Taiwanese... :P
(Yes, it's Chinese, but Tradition Chinese used by Hong Kong/Taiwan, but the second and third game has Simplified Chinese dubbed version)

As a fan of this series and born and lives in Taiwan, I did try to make something to let English players know about this series on some years ago but sadly, I don't have time and my skills & English grammar not good enough then I just gave up. :(

There are very few of guides for the first and second game, but not much...

First game : https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/678641-flam ... ights/faqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Second game : https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/582384-flame-dragon-2/faqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The third one(Flame Dragon [Knights] Plus: Marks of Wind) was considered failure by lot of fans of this series, but not me. I love the third game much, much more than the others, but it just too ordinary without many of improves when compared with the second game, so when talking about Flame Dragon (Knights) series, its fans always recommend about the second game.

Good luck if you can find someone. :)
(I know it's possible, I just don't have the skills for hack them for English translates...)

EDIT : This game series runs on DOS, DOSBox 0.74 can runs them, I'm sure.
LordOddEye
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by LordOddEye »

The game really reminds me of A mixture of Shining Force and Advanced Wars. It looks fun I also really like the music. I'd like to see this remade.

Regards,

LordOddEye
Creator of the Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict Remake:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40095
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

yes exactly I got the 3 games with dosbox but in gamefaqs they told me is very hard the layout to translate the game so is a challenge, anyway i want to make sure that someone will do it. :) :thumbsup:
Chaoswizard98
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Chaoswizard98 »

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It seems to be very similar to SF, and seeing as many of us have made a great deal of progress on our fan projects, I'd say that once one of us releases a full engine, one could simply re-skin it for this game. That being said, you'd still need someone who has a great deal of experience playing the game to work out some of the non-SF mechanics, and someone who could of course translate it.
Creator of the GameMaker Shining Engine and "The Legend of Syro" Fan Game. (WIP)
http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 14&t=26022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

is true well i got the games so if someone want to give a try just pm me :thumbsup: :)
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

I can say I know this series, it does similar like Shining Force Gaiden series, no explorations like SF1/2, just story scenes between battles, complete battles goes shopping, save/load your game or revive dead members/promotion members in town(the second and third game has secret shop, which sometimes it sells different items that normal shop never has, like better weapons/armors, promotion items or even +stats items) and then go to next battle. Also, the second and third game has secret ending(also be called "Good/Real ending", as normal ending just ordinary/BAD) that needed some key items/final blow to some bosses by main male/female protagonist, and the game has no any of prompts about them, unless you checked walkthroughs.

Due the method most DOS Chinese games using to display its fonts/characters, it's so hard to do localization for single-byte character set like English, I know a project called SDLPAL (https://github.com/sdlpal/sdlpal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), it's a translation project for a famous Chinese RPG named "Xiān jiàn Qí Xiá Zhuàn(仙劍奇俠傳)" and it works well as I know, but since Flame Dragon was from other company, using its own engine that different so I'm not sure if that does any helps. :|

Using other game engines(RPG Maker/GameMaker/whatever else) to "port" those games would be better idea for sure.
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

so is possible nice :thumbsup:
Tor_Heyerdal
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tor_Heyerdal »

It seems to me that it looks like Shining Force, but it plays like Fire Emblem. Pretty damn cool. I'd definitely play this if someone did manage to make a working localization of it.

EDIT: Also, the sound effects definitely sound like SF, but the music reminds me of... Pokémon? Didn't see that one comin'. lol
Creator of Shining Force III: 16-bit (WIP except not so IP anymore)
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Tor_Heyerdal wrote:It seems to me that it looks like Shining Force, but it plays like Fire Emblem. Pretty damn cool. I'd definitely play this if someone did manage to make a working localization of it.
Fire Emblem also the developer's target but actually when they made Flame Dragon Knights, Shining Force 1/2 on MD(Genesis) and Shining Force 3 on Saturn was hit in Taiwan so they based SF most likely(but Super Famicom/SNES and FE series was hit too, so sure they knew about FE too). You know why? Because they did used the SF-style for the game's battle animations, not FE-style and that's why I love Flame Dragon Knights series. :p

There is other "rip-off" Taiwanese game called "Dragon Force(光明戰史)" based Flame Dragon/Shining Force and Dragon Quest(used its story and name of spells etc.) from other company, and got most of bad reviews when compared with Flame Dragon Knights series, while DOS version still looks like FD/SF but the short-life console(Super A'can) version changed dramatically to Fire Emblem style due to some reasons like developer member changes, you can find video footages about "Dragon Force(光明戰史)" in Youtube, DOS version is more but also a few of Super A'can version.
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Diego_Didakus »

very interesting games, its a surprise no one ever talked about then here before
Check out my projects: https://quasarcorpsgame.com.br/

Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

i will try to find dragon force i like it :thumbsup:
Alexander_13
Shining Member