SFIII Translation Project: SF3Patch Version 18 Test Files Posted

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

SF3Patch Version 18 Test Files Posted

Post by legalize freedom »

Please see official site for announcement!
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: SF3Patch Version 18 Test Files Posted

Post by alex_man »

did anyone report something about the pets of pappets?
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

MarauderEX encountered a problem with Wyverns on his LP in Sc2.
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

and in scenario 3? tell people to check my save :)
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

I'm afraid there have been no volunteers to farm beasts as of yet.
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

I encountered an error with my Scenario 3 Beast Taming text, so I'll test the Official V18 Patch in SSF. I can report my findings here and get the info I need for my files. Two birds with one stone. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I've been taming and using beasts in battle like crazy in Scenario 3. So far, I haven't had any errors with the V18 Patch files. Harpy, Hydra, Killer Fish, Lizardman, Sting Worm and Minotaur haven't caused any issues. I've been recording footage of everything in battle, but the only battle I've tested is the Hero's Test. I'll compile a video of my findings upon collecting footage of all the beasts. Am I safe in assuming that the errors have been occurring in battle? I can test the HQ text too, if need be.
I succumbed only to the power of Elbesem

PSN: TheGreatBulzome
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Bulzome wrote:I encountered an error with my Scenario 3 Beast Taming text, so I'll test the Official V18 Patch in SSF. I can report my findings here and get the info I need for my files. Two birds with one stone. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I've been taming and using beasts in battle like crazy in Scenario 3. So far, I haven't had any errors with the V18 Patch files. Harpy, Hydra, Killer Fish, Lizardman, Sting Worm and Minotaur haven't caused any issues. I've been recording footage of everything in battle, but the only battle I've tested is the Hero's Test. I'll compile a video of my findings upon collecting footage of all the beasts. Am I safe in assuming that the errors have been occurring in battle? I can test the HQ text too, if need be.
Thanks for the info!

Yes, the errors should happen in battle if they happen and even then it will just be the beast has the wrong name. No reduced files anymore with the new compressor :spliff:
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

The new compressor is awesome! Everything up to (and including) the Chimera is fine. I'll post a complete list after I finish up.

alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

so sc2 is buggy, apparenly sc3 is safe :thumbsup:
RichterBelmont12
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

I've also Updated to the V18 will be using it for my Let's Play and some things I've seen in games that doesn't make sense.

Rollie's Special attacks Unicorn Buck and Unicorn Ray seem to have switch places I haven't tried it out but once I start recording we will see what happens, Also for Stampede me and Sonicheroes4ever think its better to change it to Unicorn Charge because it does make sense.

For Cyclops I want to know why there is two...TWO Dragon Rushes.....I honestly don't get it.

For Honesty, She still has Tail Bomb, I was thinking Queen Bee is a better name since her other move is Bee strike. also she doesn't have a Tail lol :P
BlueAnkylo

Post by BlueAnkylo »

Hey, been trying to patch up to V18 Test and I've been having some problems with the patcher, hoping someone's seen this before and can maybe point me in the right direction.

(I don't think this is unique to v18, I had the same type of problem with v17 that I never resolved sadly)

System Info:
Windows 10. Cpu: I5 3570k, 8GB Ram, Gpu: Radeon R9 280, HDD: 2TB free
Updated OS/drivers/directx

When I run SF3Patch, I can select scenario and begin patch, it copies the files correctly and begins patching, my RAM and virtual memory fill up like crazy, up to about 8 GB ram and 20 GB virtual memory, then my system hard crashes and restarts. It's difficult to troubleshoot, but happens reliably at approximately the same point regardless of which scenario I'm patching.

When I run the new patcher it follows the same procedure until the program crashes, at least without crashing my system, so I could take a screenshot of the progress and error message.
https://postimg.org/image/fbfbbn8tn/
Same result will happen with the view increase unselected.

Not sure what's causing mkisofs.exe to fail to start, I've done some searching for it but I'm coming up a bit short on fixes, so any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

try the older one same happend to me :damnit:

SF3Patch.exe

at the ftp http://sf3transftp.shiningforcecentral.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but this works i use windows 7 64bits
Chinagonuk
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Chinagonuk »

There is a problem with Windows 10. The workaround on this thread worked for me

http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 34&t=26683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BlueAnkylo

Post by BlueAnkylo »

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, the cdrtools + copying to data directory for the patcher worked!
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

I've tamed and tested all of the following beasts in the "Hero's Test" with no issues.

-Arch Demon
-Bugbear
-Cerberus
-Chimera
-Durahan
-Griffon
-Harpy
-Hell Hound
-Hydra
-Killer Fish
-Lesser Demon
-Lizardman
-Minotaur
-Salamander
-Skull Fish
-Skull Warrior
-Slash Bat
-Sting Worm

Are there any that I'm missing?

alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

the ghoul,earth golem check this website

http://www.wolfgangarchive.com/sf3_new/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the hero tomb
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

Right. Thank you. I'll have a look at them.

EDIT:
Unfortunately, I was not able to tame them.

alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

You got them all :thumbsup: remids me Pokemon lol :) the Ghoul is like a zombie,Earth Golem remember in that battle of 3 is always a bad character and the dragons are for Cyclops.
Then I realize both don't got a BRAIN cuz one is made of stone, and the other is DEAD, so tecnically they aren't monsters you can tame. :)
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

RichterBelmont12 wrote:I've also Updated to the V18 will be using it for my Let's Play and some things I've seen in games that doesn't make sense.

Rollie's Special attacks Unicorn Buck and Unicorn Ray seem to have switch places I haven't tried it out but once I start recording we will see what happens, Also for Stampede me and Sonicheroes4ever think its better to change it to Unicorn Charge because it does make sense.

For Cyclops I want to know why there is two...TWO Dragon Rushes.....I honestly don't get it.

For Honesty, She still has Tail Bomb, I was thinking Queen Bee is a better name since her other move is Bee strike. also she doesn't have a Tail lol :P
You may have had some errors in the patching process. Please double check you are using the new files.

I can't reproduce these issues. Are they happening in a particular area or everywhere?
jmjohnson85

Post by jmjohnson85 »

BlueAnkylo wrote:Awesome, thanks for the heads up, the cdrtools + copying to data directory for the patcher worked!
Here's the V18 patcher with updated cygwin and mkisofs files - tested and working on Windows 10 x64:

https://mega.nz/#!5NhjFIBL!U0MVzd53eANp ... nWtD66v25w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or

https://www.mediafire.com/?5pbr8iuhddt48ry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;