Shining Force III: Shining Force 3 / STHA Hack

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Shining Force 3 / STHA Hack

Post by knight0fdragon »

is there anything fancy I need to do? or are the files just renamed that are to be patched

nevermind, I see they are very tiny. How does it work, is the first part the address and the second part the word that I need to write per line per file?
paul_met

Post by paul_met »

knight0fdragon wrote:is there anything fancy I need to do? or are the files just renamed that are to be patched

nevermind, I see they are very tiny. How does it work, is the first part the address and the second part the word that I need to write per line per file?
What are you trying to do? Do you want that your tool patch the necessary files? Simply use the already patched by placing them in a different directory or renaming. When you build an image of the game your tool should simply replace the desired files, if necessary.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

Correct, we will have the patched, ready-to-replace game files in a separate directory (maybe "resolutionfix") and the patcher can grab them there if that option is selected.

If new versions come out, I'll re-patch the game files and we'll be good.
knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by knight0fdragon »

paul_met wrote:
knight0fdragon wrote:is there anything fancy I need to do? or are the files just renamed that are to be patched

What are you trying to do? Do you want that your tool patch the necessary files? Simply use the already patched by placing them in a different directory or renaming. When you build an image of the game your tool should simply replace the desired files, if necessary.
My goal is to make this new version as simple as possible for the team. Basically I would like it so that all the team would need to do is update your patch files, instead of them having to go through the process of using multiple tools to get a job done
paul_met

Post by paul_met »

There's a strange problem with the premium disc. With increasing image resolution, there is a bug in gallery - pictures or not displayed at all (it often occurs on Yabause), or do not appear correctly (on SSF). Other menu items work fine.
But I was able to increase the size of the cursor in the gallery. I think it is useful.

-Mod Edit 2021-
Large image attachment removed due to low storage space.
-- Swalchy
knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by knight0fdragon »

hmm, I wonder how it works on console.

BTW, I was able to apply your patch files with our translation builder, so when we release it you should see a lot more people testing with it.

Do you have any plans on explaining how the Deluxe set was built? I know you said you used a demo disc, but from the videos I read, you are swapping out the IP.bin? does this mean that I need to extract them from all the discs? Because as of right now, the translation project uses the same IP.Bin for all of the scenarios
paul_met

Post by paul_met »

knight0fdragon wrote: Do you have any plans on explaining how the Deluxe set was built? I know you said you used a demo disc, but from the videos I read, you are swapping out the IP.bin? does this mean that I need to extract them from all the discs? Because as of right now, the translation project uses the same IP.Bin for all of the scenarios
The structure of the demo disc is: IP of the game should be in the root directory and the directory with the same name as that of IP shall contain the game resources (files and folders).
When assembling the Deluxe version I used the IP of your disks.
knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by knight0fdragon »

ok sounds good, I will have to play around with this and see if symbolic links are supported
paul_met

Post by paul_met »

Patch for Shining Force 3 Premium CD is available for download: http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index.php ... msg1157450. Need to test on console.
Special T
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Special T »

paul_met wrote:Patch for Shining Force 3 Premium CD is available for download: http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index.php ... msg1157450. Need to test on console.
Thank you for putting so much time/effort into these hacks. I no longer have a modded saturn to test this on but I'm hoping someone who does will help.
knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by knight0fdragon »

Awesome job, I will get this into the build, hopefully when legalize freedom gets back to me with the people having trouble on Windows 10, we can proceed to release the combined works and get some tests going for you.
paul_met

Post by paul_met »

Special T, knight0fdragon, thanks.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

knight0fdragon wrote:Awesome job, I will get this into the build, hopefully when legalize freedom gets back to me with the people having trouble on Windows 10, we can proceed to release the combined works and get some tests going for you.
I PM'd mesmer since he was the one who started the topic, but I don't know who all else was having the issue. He hasn't yet replied. I don't believe he has been a steady visitor for a while. We will probably just want to do a public test of the new patcher once you're happy with it.

I'll test the PD res patch tonight. :thumbsup:
knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by knight0fdragon »

Yeah sounds good, I will throw the patch into the build when I get home from work, and send you up a new version. I think I will create a github account for this so it is manageable.
arflech

Post by arflech »

I realize this thread isn't about the Deluxe Collection, but I wasn't able to post in the PSX Planet forum thread where those download links were posted; it looks like the links were last updated in October 2013 (to Yandex Disk, yadi.sk), and now they're dead: http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=104927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope that paul_met reads this message here, if he doesn't get my PM on that forum.
paul_met

Post by paul_met »

A new version of SFIII Collection Deluxe (if interesting):
https://youtu.be/r-VdJchkfzA
arflech wrote:I realize this thread isn't about the Deluxe Collection, but I wasn't able to post in the PSX Planet forum thread where those download links were posted; it looks like the links were last updated in October 2013 (to Yandex Disk, yadi.sk), and now they're dead: http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=104927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link updated.
Special T
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Special T »

paul_met wrote:A new version of SFIII Collection Deluxe (if interesting):
Thanks for keeping us up to date with the latest on your SFIII deluxe project.
knight0fdragon wrote:ok sounds good, I will have to play around with this and see if symbolic links are supported
Just checking to see if you have any news about the symbolic links and whether or not it will allow the games to be combined onto a single disc?
Neutral
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Neutral »

paul_met wrote:A new version of SFIII Collection Deluxe (if interesting):
arflech wrote:I realize this thread isn't about the Deluxe Collection, but I wasn't able to post in the PSX Planet forum thread where those download links were posted; it looks like the links were last updated in October 2013 (to Yandex Disk, yadi.sk), and now they're dead: http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=104927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link updated.
Any download link? Or a way to get this to one disc? :D
Is this usable with a Pseudo Saturn or do I need to use an emulator?

Not sure if it's this patch but the ending boat scene on scenario 2 has messed up display, shows off center, might be this?
Pappets
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Pappets »

Hello guys and gals.

I'm trying to put the hack of removing the black borders into StHA but the program CDmage doesn't open the game file, BIN nor CUE. Why is that?
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
It seems that little by little the innovators are coming back to Sega.
paul_met

Post by paul_met »

Some progress of widescreen support.
---------------------------------------------------