Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict: Ruburan's Secret Hideout

Very familiar...

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Lucifer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Ruburan's Secret Hideout

Post by Lucifer »

Is it just my imagination, or is Ruburan's secret hideout (FC) a very well lit Hobgoblin cave (SF2)? If so, it isn't very secret due to the fact that it's the "land-dwellers" main path to Mount Volcano and the neighboring village.
Lord Oddeye sama
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Re: Ruburan's Secret Hideout

Post by Lord Oddeye sama »

That region was more wild at the time though. For one the village of Polca didn't exist, I don't think. It's not the best place for a hideout, but it's not a bad one either considering the lack of other settlers in the area. It's really just them and the birdman natives. Closest thing is Ribble but it's still a small camp and pretty far away.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!
Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.
Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 51#p668069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lucifer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Lucifer »

That's a very good point. If Polca Village was there, then there would have been a shop. I had originally assumed that they had skipped the town in a rush to save Volcanon, but it would make more sense to stop, restock, and regroup if they could. Although the Birdmen would simply fly over the mountain, what if there was a situation similar to Peter's?
Lord Oddeye sama
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Post by Lord Oddeye sama »

That's about as likely as Mishaela busting in to take over. Whoops, not such a great hideout afterall.

A more likely situation though, is that birdmen could always send a rescue party if one of them's been missing for too long, so the wounded could still be found and carried back to their home by flying over the mountains.

In Peter's case, Luke did drop by New Granseal as a messenger while Bowie and Peter were trying to reach Bedoe. If Peter had needed help to get back home that didn't involve tagging along with Bowie, that could've been it.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!
Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.
Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 51#p668069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;