Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Wind
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

C'mon, this game is good

Discuss the followup to Shining Tears on the Playstation 2.

C'mon, this game is good

Postby DiegoMM » Wed May 28 2014 2:32am

I just finished it and its the best shining title for the ps2. Shinig Tears is horrible, but they improved a lot in shining wind. The system is balanced, the characters are great and original, the story is more complex this time and has a lot of innovation (soul blades and other things.)

It was a shame we never get a western release.
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: C'mon, this game is good

Postby DomingoRules! » Tue Jan 05 2016 6:04pm

Sega probably figured we don't like the Shining Series anymore since we didn't buy the shit that they started releasing, so by time they started releasing good games they'd already given up on our interest.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby chevkraken » Fri Jan 29 2016 3:32am

DiegoMM wrote:I just finished it and its the best shining title for the ps2. Shinig Tears is horrible,

Shining Tears is horrible in one player, in 2 players, it's an excellent game, but Sur Wind gameplay is far better (I prefer Tears chara design and Storyline)

Don't forget that Shining Soul, Soul 2 Tears and Wind are Diablo-like game, they are mean to be played in multiplayer. But most of the review only review single player mode.

in single player, Diablo or Gaunlet are far from being excellent game
chevkraken

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Sat Jan 30 2016 7:38am

Shining Force Neo was also a Diablo-style game, but it didn't even have multiplayer. Look at how well that turned out.

RIP: Shining Force.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby chevkraken » Sun Jan 31 2016 2:30am

Yeah the speciality of Shining force Neo and Exa staff was single player Diablo-like.

they were behind Record of Lodoss war for dreamcast

And actually, like Force Feather and Cross they are side storie even in the new Shining. Shining Soul 2, Tears, Wind, Wind X, Hearts, Blade and Ark are in the same universe and are by the same producer with his own vision of Shining.
And Actually, this Producer respect Shining force name.
At the beginning of Shining blade devellopment, the project was named Shining Force: End Earth, but he chose to use another name for the final game even if the game was SRPG by very expermented staff with Dark dragon and a Guy leading the Shining force to defeat him.
I think he didn't want to provoke deception among the fan if the game was not good enough for them or too much diferent from the original(or because of the lack of Localisation)

Force Neo, Exa, Feather and Cross producer have another vision. For him, It's more interesting to reboot Shining force each time to try different thing each time, different background ... theses game are like the Sonic Boom serie in the modern Sonic. Most of Modern Shining fans don't really like them
chevkraken

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Sun Jan 31 2016 8:09am

Shining Force Neo will always leave a bad taste in my mouth just thinking about it because of how uncontrollably psyched I was when I first saw that game title in Game Informer, only to have my hopes dashed because it wasn't a strategy game. I do remember enjoying that Record of Lodoss War game back in the day however, even if your partner characters were always stupidly overpowered compared to you.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Wind