Shining Force Neo: A 2nd Shining Force Neo

Which battle system would you prefer?

Discuss Sega's Shining 'Force' RPG for the S*ny Playstation 2.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Re: A 2nd Shining Force Neo

Post by Goonboy of Shining Camelot »

Tarethen @ Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:35 pm) wrote: Well, if Sega does make Neo 2, they will definitely be able to learn from their mistakes.

Look how much better SS II was than SS.
And how much better is the series for it? Improvements on a massive errors hasn't secured the future of this series so far. Sega needs to knock a homerun of a game if were to see SHINING FORCE go beyond 2012.
Geoffrey Duke
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Geoffrey Duke »

I almost wish Neverland would go under for destroying Shining Force.

Damn, I'm bitter. :devil:
The weak can only speak of justice but the powerful can deliver it.

The good will inherit the Earth.
Chaos Wizard
Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Post by Chaos Wizard »

Personally I just think of the Storyline for Neo as an alternate universe. The game is really fun, reguardless of whether it's a strat-RPG or not. Although I would have absolutely loved a new SF SRPG.

Post by Goonboy of Shining Camelot »

Yes that thinking could work but then sega would have to explain everything if a ShF4 by Camelot were to ever come out. it would most likely confuse new players,so i doubt Sega will ever change back.
+|Nemesis|+

Post by +|Nemesis|+ »

Fox @ Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:29 am) wrote: Why go through all the trouble when they could just say Shining Force 4? :p
they put the name shining force neo cuz' if its shining force 4 it wouldn't be too attractive it's natural.... just by the name of a game makes us wanna buy it.....?

and also if you already know the title "Shining" before thats why you buy it... ^_^ :shifty:
In every Story there's an end but in Life the end is just the begining of a new Life.....

+|Nemesis|+ the _=|+|Wolf|-|Warrior|+|=_
Guild: [ _=|+|Wolf|-|Clan|+|=_]
Ace
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Ace »

I haven't tried Shining Force Neo yet, but I plan on purchasing a copy when I have some more free time in the summer. I got Shining Tears when it came out .. but never had the chance to finish it
zebie

Post by zebie »

If they made a second shining force neo or shining force 4 or whatever they would call it i would buy it the day it came out! :shock:and i think the new
hack-and-slash system is awsome it would also be better if they had about 5 characters in the paty at once. Seeing for the fact your fighting like (alot).
jj_frap
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by jj_frap »

It baffles my mind that Sega is releasing this crap when it's obvious that the people want them to make Shining Force 4 and to hurry up and finish the Phantasy Star 4 remake that's already God-knows-how-late.

Post by Lord of the Isles »

jj_frap @ Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:15 pm) wrote: Phantasy Star 4 remake
:shock:

Link. Now!
I Can Haz Foxy Plz?

Snap your fingers, snap your neck...
Flaming Manakin
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Flaming Manakin »

I wouldn't be surprised if the Phantasy Star 4 remake is never made.
Anyway, there's little chance any of the remakes will ever get a translation.

I'd love to play the Phantsay Star 2 remake in english.

Anyway, this is getting a little off topic I suppose...

Post by Legend of Josh »

Goonboy of Shining Camelot wrote:You know as well as i do, Duke, that the all knowing Sega never make mistakes :)

As for a sequel? LMFAOLALA

Hell would have to freeze twice for that to happen. Why didn't Sega just get neverland to update RIGLORD SAGA instead? that would have suited their talents more than the abysmal failure of NEO.

If that SHINING FORCE and SAKURA TAISEN pretender(project manager)Tadashi Takezaki wants to continue to make mickey mouse RPGs then why don't he leave Sega and join the biggest mickey mouse RPG maker of them all and leave the real Sega RPGs to people like Smilebit and Overworks.
So, I suppose hell froze over, right? Twice.

LMAO

I haven't even played Shining Force EXA yet. I wonder if GameStop would have any in stock?
ehow22
Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Post by ehow22 »

EXA is NEO just with a different storyline/characters + a tedious defend the castle bit.

Same monsters, same maps, similar(or same, been awhile) music, etc...

The majority of EXA is just reused junk from NEO.
stljumpster

Post by stljumpster »

Which one is better?

Post by ShiningForceKaya »

depends on your personal tastes, attention span and how much you like training XD!

Neo, harder levels and more training, but more challenging which I like personally. Lovable lands. decent voice acting, lovable characters. Good overall. Loved how I could see the resemblances between the old and new.
Love the music and animation cut scenes.

Exa, great animation, LOVE THE CHARACTERS, good story (but feels like half is missing, I swear!) ability to play over again with other character plus new areas after game. Easy game play (way too easy compared to neo.... until after game that is) map areas are a disappointment due to a hodgepodge of neo lands, but over all lovable game. good music, but again like neo, but changed. AND it must be good if Sega chose that game over ALL other shining titles to represent the shining series for project x zone, so yeah.

Honestly I love them about the same. I played the original shining force since I was 6 till I found out the phenomenon of internet and saw shining force neo in a game stop. I honestly didn't know about 2 or any other games so for me I never knew anything else but neo and the original. For me I have a love for all shining force games due to that fact. Took me awhile to switch to exa though and HATED it at first, but now I LOVE IT!!!
Nostalgia seems to have played a big role for most people here.....

Give shining force games a chance and play (for some people suffer) through it all THEN decide whether it sucks or not, you may find it might just grow on you! (like they have for me)
Verily I say unto you all:Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;
D&C 115:5

Check out the Shining force group on DA: http://legacyofshiningforce.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Geoffrey Duke
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Geoffrey Duke »

Geoffrey Duke wrote:I almost wish Neverland would go under for destroying Shining Force.

Was there a market for this game?

Was there a bigger market for Shining Force IV with Grandia 2 graphics?

I believe there was.

Camelot, a kingdom of knights who defend the kind. I believed SF could have become the greatest Strategy/RPG series there ever was. That's what I believed. You believe what you believe. I'm still angry, but it's your series.
The weak can only speak of justice but the powerful can deliver it.

The good will inherit the Earth.
Sega91

Post by Sega91 »

Geoffrey Duke wrote:
Geoffrey Duke wrote:I almost wish Neverland would go under for destroying Shining Force.

Was there a market for this game?

Was there a bigger market for Shining Force IV with Grandia 2 graphics?

I believe there was.

Camelot, a kingdom of knights who defend the kind. I believed SF could have become the greatest Strategy/RPG series there ever was. That's what I believed. You believe what you believe. I'm still angry, but it's your series.
With any other title it would have been a harmless, acceptible title.

Honestly though, with hindsight what could we have expected? Almost all of Sega's great franchises have nosed dived since the glory era. Sega was a child of the 90's. It made games at a heady apex of graphics and user sophistication, and couldn't survive long in that form. Ultimately it was management. They lacked the capacity to reinvent themselves that Nintendo did (who have also been pretty close to being pushed out of the market) - by being stuck in a moment they couldn't escape.

It's a cry shame.
chevkraken
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by chevkraken »

Actually it's the complete opposite, Sega downfall was due to the fact they made to much innovation.

They were the first to create really playables 3D games, they were the first the make color handled console, they were the first to create an online service for console. They even made a VR set in 1993

They also refuse to stay stuck in the past like Nintendo have been for so long. Sega prefer to create new IP than continue to use an IP without innovation

(most of the Nintendo licences made nearly no evolution between 1998 and 2011 and very few new licences were created during these times, and even Nintendo have a problem with HD and online, they have difficulty to understand we are soon in 2020 and most of the gamer are adult now)
The only reason Nintendo is still on the market is because they have the biggest video game licence, they make ton of fanservice to please the fan, their game are good and more than everything, they have the handled market.
But they never been very innovating and modern in their way to see the videogame

And no in mid 2000, there was no market for SRPG except on handled system. I want to point than fire Emblem on Wii and Gamecube were commercial Failure (and Fire emblem was a much bigger licence than Shining force)

If now there is a market for SRPG on PS4, it's due mainly to the fact PC and console community are far closer than 15 years ago and PC community love Strategy game.
And even with that the graphic need to be verey good for good sales, SRPG still make more sales on handled system