Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict: Team Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict #11

Finished!!!

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Team Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict #11

Post by zexxar »

Team Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict #11

After doing some challenges in the last runs I personally suggest to do a normal run without restrictionthis time. But I'm also up for a challenge if someone has a good idea.
Oh and everyone who signs up may choose a battle.

I hope there are enough participants that we can start next friday ( 1st February)

For those not in the know:
Spoiler
A 'Team Shining Force' is where several members band together and all participate in completing the game. We each do a couple of battles through the game.

A person will do their battle, and once finished will save it and either send the save data to me or host the file themselves and post the link. I'll then save it for backup purposes and then send it on to the next person, unless it was uploaded.

For those interested, we use Gens + http://www.retrobase.net/gensplus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll also need an original japanese rom (easy to find by yourself) that has been english patched.

For those who prefer Meka over Gens+, no problem. Just rename the fc.srm file to fc.sav and put it in the saves file in the Meka folder. It is also possible to use Kega. Just remember to change the file type back to .srm when you send them back.

Important!
We use save files, not save states. It's something to do with the patched version – save states just won't work. So don't press F8 or F5!

When you receive the save, you have to copy it in the RAM file of Gens+ (or the equivalent for other emulators). Rename your patched rom to fc.gg. Once it's done, just open the ROM and press start!

When your battle is done, save the game normally (by talking to Adam) as soon as you can. Then send the modified save file to me at either:
e-mail: tapeteblau@yahoo.de

Alternatively you can host the file yourself and include the link in your post, so I can just download it. If you don't have anywhere to host, go here:
http://www.fileden.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or
http://www.mediafire.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or you just upload the state here with your post. This requires the state to be compressed to a .zip or .rar because .srm files can't be uploaded.

Also, I would suggest putting your personal FC save elsewhere before you put the Team FC one in the RAM folder. Just to be safe.

And for the Egressing rules. You may egress at the beginning of a battle as long as you don't do anything else. Though if there's a secret character to be found at the beginning of the battle, you may recruit then egress. As long as that's all you do!

Should Ian die, you have to restart the battle from the save I sent you. So you'd be starting completely afresh.
Well, now here's the team list.

Team Members
1.zexxar
2.Spear God
3.Alpha
4.Noma
5.Demonic Weasel

Reserves
1. ehow22

If you need a little longer or are unable to do the battle please inform me. If I haven't heard anything in 3 days I will pass the battle to a reserve.

The Battles
Chapter 1 - The Ancient Shrine, A New Journey Begins
Battle 1 - :thumbsup: The Ancient Shrine: Noma
Battle 2 - :thumbsup: Hassan Village: Demonic Weasel
Battle 3 - :thumbsup: On to Ribble: zexxar
Battle 4 - :thumbsup: Meet the Kraken: Spear God
Battle 5 - :thumbsup: The Thieves' Hideout: Demonic Weasel
Battle 6 - :thumbsup: Volcanon Mountainside: zexxar

Chapter 2 - Target: Grans Island
Battle 7 - :thumbsup: Mountain Cave: Noma
Battle 8 - :thumbsup: Outside Pacalon: Alpha
Battle 9 - :thumbsup: Road to the North: Spear God
Battle 10 - :thumbsup: Inside Moun: zexxar
Battle 11 - :thumbsup: Magus: Demonic Weasel

Chapter 3 - Ambition of the Devil Army
Battle 12 - :thumbsup: Foggy Field: Noma
Battle 13 - :thumbsup: Red Tentacles: Spear God
Battle 14 - :thumbsup: Outside Eiku's Fortress: Demonic Weasel
Battle 15 - :thumbsup: Eiku: zexxar
Battle 16 - :thumbsup: Desert Mishaela: Alpha

Chapter 4 - The Devil King's Revival
Battle 17 - :thumbsup: Lynx: Spear God
Battle 18 - :thumbsup: Galam Throne Room: Noma
Battle 19 - :thumbsup: Road to the Ancient Tower: zexxar
Battle 20 - :thumbsup: Entrance to the Ancient Tower: Demonic Weasel
Battle 21 - :thumbsup: Mishaela: Noma->ehow22
Battle 22 - :thumbsup: Darksol: Spear God
Last edited by zexxar on Tue Jun 11 2013 11:49am, edited 27 times in total.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!
samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
ehow22
Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Re: Team Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict #11

Post by ehow22 »

Reserve
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

I actually hoped that you join as team member like you always did. :(
But anyway with you as reserve I can at least be sure that the battles get done if we need a reserve. :thumbsup:
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!
samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
ehow22
Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Post by ehow22 »

My computer had a little accident so having to use my mom's which I have somewhat-limited access too. :p
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

Hmmm already 2 days and only a reserve joined :(
Spear God
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Spear God »

It's been a while I haven't participate in a Team game, I join! :)
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Alpha »

Heck yeah, if Daev's playing, then I'll do a battle or two :)
Spear God
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Spear God »

:D like good old times Alec!
It's been a while since the first Team FC... Maybe we should invite Morgan too :)
Lord Oddeye sama
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Post by Lord Oddeye sama »

Nah I think I'll pass this time, though maybe for the next one. You fill in that spot Spear.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!
Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.
Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 51#p668069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

I guess I leave sign up open until we have at least 5 members specially if Alpha only wants 2 battles that would make 5 battles for each of the remaining members.
Noma
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Noma »

I guess put me in if joining members are sparse.
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

Yeah thanks Noma!

One more and we're ready to start.
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Alpha »

Slightly off topic, but I have to admit, it is funny seeing (basically) the same intro post to Team SFG: FC I wrote way back in 2005. A shame the original topic got pruned. Kudos to you, Zex for keeping this Team Game alive and kicking after over 7 years!
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

Ths same intro post is still being used because you did a great job back then when you wrote it :thumbsup:

Yeah I try to keep it alive but sadly it's getting harder and harder to find members :(
Demonic Weasel
Waterlord
Shining Legend

Post by Demonic Weasel »

Okay. I'll do it.
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

Thanks DW, so we're finally enough members to start it.

I just distributed the battle, I hope everyone is happy. So let's get this started :)
Spear God
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Spear God »

Good to see you DW! :)

I was reading old teams thread and I was wondering if you were still active. I wanted to PM you and oh surprise, you're there and ready to participate! Very nice dude, thanks to you we can at last start this one...

By the way, any news from Klepto? He was also fond of SF Teams...
Alpha wrote:Slightly off topic, but I have to admit, it is funny seeing (basically) the same intro post to Team SFG: FC I wrote way back in 2005. A shame the original topic got pruned.
I found this :p

EDIT: Can't tell if I'm happy with my battles as I played this game for the last time in 2006 or 2007 :D
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Alpha »

Spear God wrote:
Alpha wrote:Slightly off topic, but I have to admit, it is funny seeing (basically) the same intro post to Team SFG: FC I wrote way back in 2005. A shame the original topic got pruned.
I found this :p
Ah, but that was only the second topic of the first team game ;) The first half got pruned. Amusingly, the first one was the only one that went over 200 posts, I believe.
Noma
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Noma »

Didnt think id get battle 1! Ill get this done tomorrow after work.

EDIT: Sorry boys, busy weekend.

I'll get started asap though. Might not have a report to post.
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Spear God
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Spear God »

" post "

Just for avoiding another edit... However, I suppose we don't need a very detailed report for the first battle. Don't spend too much time for it.