SFIII Translation Project: Scenario 3 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Scenario 3 Error Report Topic

Post by Swalchy »

Please Read the FAQ Topic First - Translation Project FAQ

Realising that in the FAQ I had mentioned there would be a topic dedicated to errors found in the beta released sections, and that there wasn't any, I shall now be posting three topics, one each for each scenario (to keep things tidy and non-confusing).

So, in this topic, please notify us of errors/bugs/problems/etc that you find in beta released sections of Scenario 3.

Thank you :D
Last edited by Swalchy on Fri Mar 04 2011 5:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Scenario 3 Error Report Topic

Post by alex_man »

Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

*twitches*

Please
Read
The
First
Damn
POST!
So, in this topic, please notify us of errors/bugs/problems/etc that you find in beta released sections of Scenario 3.
There are currently NO BETA released sections of Scenario 3

Mensa Member
IQ 137
kight
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by kight »

Maybe you should lock this topic until some part of Sc3 makes it to beta?
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

kight @ Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:35 pm) wrote: Maybe you should lock this topic until some part of Sc3 makes it to beta?
You sir, are a genius.

Mod lock, for the time being, please :D

Mensa Member
IQ 137
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

I am aware of the end of chapter 1 crash and the minor Ch2 issues.
T300
Verum Aeternus
Shining Hero

Sc3 Patch

Post by T300 »

Odd this, half the time, the character classes, weapon names, and everything on the character menu is in full english (including names of special attacks, etc), and half the time, it's back in Japanese.

Yet I SWEAR when I played it before, it was all in English throughout. Has anyone any ideas?
tm8six

Scenario 3 End of 1st chaper

Post by tm8six »

I have an issue with getting past the 1st chaper in scenario 3 after the most recent translation files have been used. I try doing a save state and then load it with the JAP versiob to get past the freezing but that doesnt work either. I cant use a priest because for some reason every time i turn it on it says i need 381 blocks free. I guess i have 2 issues. I deleted my Scenario 1 game because 3 loaded from 2. But i still dont have enough blocks free. I jsut want to get past the 1st chapter, and suggestions??
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Re: Scenario 3 End of 1st chaper

Post by Cullsoft »

The internal memory doesn't have enough room for both an Sc2 and Sc3 save... if you've still got an Sc2 save, you'd need to get rid of that once you've started a new Sc3 game (i.e. start the Sc3 game from the Sc2 file, go to the Priest, choose save, delete the Sc2 file then immediately save your Sc3 game).

Once that's done, you should be able to restart the emulator using the original Japanese disc, load the save file as normal and hopefully get past the problem; I'm guessing you're trying to use a save state to get round the problem, which probably means that whatever data's causing the freeze is still "active" (loading a save as normal means such data is not yet "active").
BoneIdol
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by BoneIdol »

Wait, if you're using an emulator, why don't you save the game on an external memory card file? That has room for dozens of SF3 saves. It's usually a case of going to the emulator's options and setting the external slot to be Backup Ram (everything else is usually to do with RAM expansions for games like Darkstalkers).

The only reason you couldn't do this is because you're using Satourne. I'm not 100% sure and I haven't used it that much, but I simply couldn't find a way to set it to use a memory card. Frankly, Satourne is a bit crappy compared to SSF and Yabause. :(

If you are using Satourne and need to backup your savefiles, the next update of my SF3Edit program (which is going to be released on Sunday) is going to be able to work with all emulator file types and let you convert between emulator savefiles. You could use it to back the file up as an SSF file (or switch to a better emulator like SSF ;)).

If you can't get a memory card working with your emulator and can't wait 'till Sunday, just do as Culley says and delete your Scenario 2 savefile to make room for Scenario 3.
Culley O'Fursdom @ Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:28 pm) wrote:I'm guessing you're trying to use a save state to get round the problem, which probably means that whatever data's causing the freeze is still "active" (loading a save as normal means such data is not yet "active").
A savestate isn't going to work and will most likely crash the game and/or the emulator if you make a savestate on the untranslated game, switch to the translated version and then load the state. A savestate is a dump of everything in the emulated Saturn's memory - that's why all your savefiles total 64kb and your savestates are several MB each. If whats in the Saturn's memory suddenly doesn't match whats on the disc bad things are going to happen.
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

BoneIdol @ Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:53 pm) wrote: A savestate isn't going to work and will most likely crash the game and/or the emulator if you make a savestate on the untranslated game, switch to the translated version and then load the state. A savestate is a dump of everything in the emulated Saturn's memory - that's why all your savefiles total 64kb and your savestates are several MB each. If whats in the Saturn's memory suddenly doesn't match whats on the disc bad things are going to happen.
That's kinda what I suspected - in the past I've loaded up different ROMs from the same game (e.g. different language or region versions) and tried using save states, only to find that the states give slightly glitchy (though usually playable) results. Having not tried them myself, I wasn't sure if you could still get away with using save states between patched and unpatched discs. Ta for clearing that up. :)
jammo2010

Scenario 3 chapter 1 crash issue?

Post by jammo2010 »

Hey mates. Really fab job you're doing on this - finished scenario's 1 and 2 and just recently started on number 3. If there's any way to donate please give me details!

I have a bit of a problem. I'm playing without the discs, and i patch scenario three via daemon tools. Chapter 1 is fine - perfectly translated.

But after the final battle with goriate, it says 'chapter end' then the screen goes blank and does nothing. I've tried re-patching / creating new iso's but i've had no luck. My iso is 424 MB - is this correct?

I don't think its an emulator issue as the emulator itself does not crash. It just doesn't proceed to the next chapter. I've tried fiddling with emulator settings aswell but still no luck.

Wondering if anyone can help or if anyone has the same difficulty and a way around it?
Aldur
FABULOUS
Shining Legend

Re: Scenario 3 chapter 1 crash issue?

Post by Aldur »

No known fix yet, so what you do is same in game before you beat the boss, load, an unpatched ISO and then play through to the start of chapter 2 and switch back to translated iso.

Note: An in game save, NOT A SAVE STATE =)
TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

Kalos Krystalpaw EXP: 129,000/136,000
135/135 HP, 35 AC, 28 AC flat footed, 18 AC touch, Spell Resistance: 28, Fort+32 Reflex+24 Will+27
Energy Resistance Acid: 30
Energy Resistance Cold: 30
Universal Energy Resistance: 10 DR: 10/magic
24 hour Invocations: See the Unseen, Beguiling Influence, Vandal Knowledge, Dark One's Own Luck: Fort

13425 personal GP Kalos
0th: 6/6, 1st: 9/9-1, 2nd:9/9-1 3rd: 9/9-1 4th: 8/8-1 5th: 7/7-1 6th: 6/6-1
jammo2010

Post by jammo2010 »

Ahh i see, just tried to load a state save on an unpatched and got 'load error' - I'll try a regular save now, but bollox I might have only saved after the dialogue at the end :\

nvm - it worked - thanks alot!
Aldur
FABULOUS
Shining Legend

Post by Aldur »

Welcome dood
TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

Kalos Krystalpaw EXP: 129,000/136,000
135/135 HP, 35 AC, 28 AC flat footed, 18 AC touch, Spell Resistance: 28, Fort+32 Reflex+24 Will+27
Energy Resistance Acid: 30
Energy Resistance Cold: 30
Universal Energy Resistance: 10 DR: 10/magic
24 hour Invocations: See the Unseen, Beguiling Influence, Vandal Knowledge, Dark One's Own Luck: Fort

13425 personal GP Kalos
0th: 6/6, 1st: 9/9-1, 2nd:9/9-1 3rd: 9/9-1 4th: 8/8-1 5th: 7/7-1 6th: 6/6-1
Khizer#1
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Khizer#1 »

Well u could use the boneidol's SF3 save file editor.
Save in the downtown destonia.Use flag save.
jammo2010

scenario 3 final chapter - crash problem

Post by jammo2010 »

Hi,

I have a problem with the final chapter where my game crashes as soon as i'm about to enter synbios' final battle (directly after the cathedral).

The priest shows up and the language isn't right either - have tried patching it multiple times..

As soon as the dialogue finishes i just get a black screen - is this the same issue as the scenario 1 one where i need to use the japanese disc to surpass it?

Thanks in advance
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Re: scenario 3 final chapter - crash problem

Post by Cullsoft »

Is this a problem with the original game or when using the translation patch?
jammo2010

Post by jammo2010 »

Translation patch. Have it working now but the first 3 battles before the final battle never translated properly - tried loads of times. The last battle and the ending are ok though
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

That's because those areas haven't been released yet.