SFIII Translation Project: Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Post by Swalchy »

Please Read the FAQ Topic First - Translation Project FAQ

Realising that in the FAQ I had mentioned there would be a topic dedicated to errors found in the beta released sections, and that there wasn't any, I shall now be posting three topics, one each for each scenario (to keep things tidy and non-confusing).

So, in this topic, please notify us of errors/bugs/problems/etc that you find in beta released sections of Scenario 2. The only chapter released to beta at the moment is chapter 1, so please don't post anything regarding any of the other chapters at all (those being chapters 2 - 6. DO NOT POST ANYTHING REGARDING THESE CHAPTERS).

Thank you :D
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
kight
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Post by kight »

I don't know if this counts as a beta section or not, because it's not actually in any particular chapter, but I'll post it anyway: The names of Penko Carnival and Penn Flash are swapped. That was good for a chuckle given the animation of Penko Carnival.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

Thanks. It has been logged for the next time the Sc2 repeating lines are updated.
Repeating lines can be reported on freely.
Akimb0

Post by Akimb0 »

As far as I can tell everything in Sc2 Chap-1 is fine, the only error I had was the crash bug at the railroad switch. I spoke to just about every npc I could find and didn't notice any mistakes or problems :) Will you posting a Chapter 2 report topic soon? ( soon being a loose term lol ) since the only error I've found so far is in Chapter 2 :)

( This is so I remember what/where it was:

Chapter 2, Lineside Weapon Shop, Weapon Seller, Greeting Dialogue.
Chapter 2, End line ( on the black screen )
Chapter 3, Stump Village Arrival, Syntesis, Wondering instead of Wandering.
Chapter 3, Stump Village, Weapon Shop dialogue.

I have too many bits of note paper etc. floating around and I'd forget it if I didn't write it down. )

Perhaps it would be an idea to have these reports noted on the forums now, ofc I don't expect them to be acted upon immediately lol, but having them noted down so when you -do- get to the later chapters you already have a list to work on?
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

Once I review these areas thouroughly, they will look like Ch1 does now ;)
extremus

Swalch mod feck up

Post by extremus »

I am in Chapter 6 of Scenario 2, during the battle of the ruins beneath Storich's warehouse (the one where you fight Dessheren in front of the Tank). Everything was running smoothly until I inspected the entrance to the tomb and the theives ran inside. When the battle shifted to inside the ruins, everything turned a bright bluish hue and was impossible to make out, much less play. Apparently the screen seemed to be split in half vertically as well; whether that was an intentional part of that tomb's play mechanics or just another glitch I don't know, because this is my first play-through.

Anyway, I'm downloading the latest FTP files for Scenario 2 and burning another disc to see if it corrects the problem. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up to see if anyone else has experienced this.
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Graphical glitch in Scenario 2

Post by alex_man »

Next time show that problem with a picture
ksot

Oh no... another crash in Scenario 2 >_<

Post by ksot »

Last night I beat battle 8 in chapter 2 where you rescue Hazuki and she joins the team and when I got to the town I entered the weapons shop, tried to buy something and the game froze. So today I had to play through the last 2 battles over again. Now I cannot get past the battle with Hazuki at all. We defeat the Sucubus, everyone chats, Hazuki's father dies, and than everyone regroups to leave and the screen fades to black, but nothing happens. The music keeps playing on the black screen for all eternity.

I saved a state right before the battle and again right before I win it and it always freezes. I tried adjusting the settings in similar ways to what fixed a previous crash details in the thread below this one, but nothing seems to work. I don't even know if you can call this a crash since the music still plays, the next part of the game is just failing to load.

Help please!

MUST BEAT SF3!

Edit: Just unchecked all the boxes under 'screen' in options and it worked. Feel free to delete thread or leave it up for future problems.
extremus

Post by extremus »

I'd like to oblige, but I have no means of taking a picture or getting a scan onto my PC right now.

UPDATE!!!!! NEW PROBLEM!!!!!

I downloaded the latest FTP, and that got me through the battle I just mentioned with no futher problems. I then completed the Hero's Test. But when I began the final battle against Garvin and his tank, I noticed the trees in front of the castle (with Medion's primary force) turned a dark color. Then, when the scene shifted to inside the tank, after about five or six character turns, everything completely glitches out, with three vertical, highly distorted bluish-hued, pixelated messes on the screen.

I've now burned and tried three separate discs, and experienced the exact same issues at the exact same time, every time. So there obviously is a serious and fatal problem here, as far as completing the game in English goes for now. I guess I'll just play through the last battle using the Japanese retail disc, then see how the Scenario 3 English patch works so far as continuing from that save.

Sorry I can't share pictures, but I've downloaded the latest FTP files, so this issue should in theory be experienced by anyone who plays the current English Patch into the last battle of Scenario 2. I hope you guys can isolate and resolve the problem in the near future. Thanks for your time.
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

Please see the SF3 Translation Project FAQ Page.

And there is already a dedicated topic to Scenario 2 errors at this link.

Don't need so many sub-topics about the same thing
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Sc2 Glitches

Post by Julian »

I've been having the glitch at the railroad that has been reported a few times, but unlike every one else, none of the posted solutions worked for me... I even tried to play the japan version, and play through the glitch, but my save data was lost, and now I can't get the english patch back on the game. Having some bad luck, and I'M DYING to play, haha any solutions? Thanks.

EDIT:

I managed to get the English patch back up, but no save data :damnit: So now the objective of the hour is to get my file back, any ideas? Also keeping in mind i'm trying to get through this train track glitch :( .... Life is so sad right now, lol.
merlin

Re: Sc2 Glitches

Post by merlin »

im really baffled at this because i dont know if its the train station in SF1 or 2 or 3?.....you mean the japaneese version?
Blue Wizard
kight
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by kight »

This would be before the battle with General VArlant at the switching point in Scenario 2.

I was able to get past that by loading a hard save (not a save state) in SSF version 008 Alpha 1. I'm not sure what happened to the rest of your stuff, though.
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Julian »

I'm not too sure what a hard save is actually... There's a few items in the savestate folder in my emulator folder, anyway I can retrieve my savestate from these files by any chance?

I'm really not looking forward to getting up to that point again, and run into the same glitch... :(

EDIT: Impatience kills the cat :damnit: . I couldn't wait, I'm now playing through the 1st chapter again, I will update if problem continues, thanks :thumbsup: But while I'm waiting, and FOR SURE ways to fix this glitch? I'm really not looking forward to running into it again.
kight
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by kight »

A hard save is one that you make by actually going into the game's save menu, in this case at a church. They're saved in the files InternalBackupRAM.bin (for internal memory) and ExternalBackupRAM.bin (for a memory cart) in the SSF folder.
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Julian »

Yeah, gotcha. I have those files in my ssf folder, but is there anyway to load them?
kight
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by kight »

Well, did you ever save to them in the first place, or did you only use quicksaves?
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Julian »

If by hardsave you mean save in battle or in the church, then yes, I did that several times, saved right before I killed the last knight before the train tracks.

Update:

Ok, so I arrived at the tracks once again, not to see a glitchy box and a freeze, but a complete reset of the game.... Sad times. HELP PLEASSE.
kight
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by kight »

That's odd. Okay, walk me through it.

You started with the English version, running...which version of SSF?

You hit the glitch at the switching point, tried adjusting the settings in the emulator, no luck.

You switched to the unpatched game, again with no luck. But then you couldn't get back to the patched one? Do you mean you actually unpatched, and then tried to re-patch, the same ISO?
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Julian »

Ok.

I first ran into the glitch after benetrem says " He's gone insane" at the train tracks, so I went back, had to do the battle beforehand again, this time I did a save from the options menu before I killed the leader of the battle, and the glitch occurred again. At this point I knew it was permanent, so i came here. I followed all of T300's option changes and instructions, it didn't work for me. I have the SSF alpha .09 R4 emulator as recommended? So i try to unpatch the game, and play through the Japanese version as instructed in the glitch topic about this before. So at this point there was NO save data on both the Backup Cart and the game load option under emulator files.

So the impatient person that I am, I couldn't wait for a reply here so I just made up for lost levels and started a new game. I'm now at the same crossing point, but not every time I get to the glitch the game just resets on me... If I could just get past this ONE part I would be happy.

SOooooo. Any solutions ?!?!?! :excited:

UPDATE:

Sooo funny story... I downloaded version SSF 0.07 BETA, and out of the 6 I've tried it finally got passed the glitch with this one! But the shitty news.... It retrieved my save data from the first time I played the game, meaning I was missing 2 characters.......... So I now have to play through the game again on this emulator to get those characters again, for some reason my file wasn't being backed up the second time I played through... Maybe because I had the same BIOS for the same emulator, different time... Regardless I'm satisfied I was able to overcome the glitch! thanks to those who've helped! Pray for me that I won't run into it again for some reason!