SFIII Translation Project: Untranslated parts of the second scenario

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Belegdol

Untranslated parts of the second scenario

Post by Belegdol »

Hi. I have noticed that there some parts in the sixth chapter that aren't translated. Namely the conversation before the battle in the volcano hole (the 'variable' parts):
http://homepage1.nifty.com/CHRIS/SF3/S- ... er6-5.HTML
And the dialogue before the battle in Storich underground.
http://homepage1.nifty.com/CHRIS/SF3/S- ... r6-12.HTML
Would somebody be so kind to translate this, or at least highlight what is the gist of these dialogues? Greets.
Fallen Angel

Untranslated parts of the second scenario

Post by Fallen Angel »

Ok, here's a brief one...
---------------------------------

6-5

---------------------------------

(If you killed Puppy Dragon in Scenario1)

Masked Punk 1 (lol sorry, just had to say that once) : The dragon that has lost her child is running rampant and the exit that appears from the magma... continues appearing and disappearing as a result.

Campbell : !

Masked Monk 1 : Prince Medion, it was Synbios Battalion that defeated her child, the Baby Dragon...He was...certainly your friend wasn't he...

Masked Monk 2 : You should clean up after the mess your friend has left over, Prince Medion...No matter how powerful they are!

Masked Monk 1 : We, the Bulzome sect...is committed to be friends for those monsters who suffer. For that, we are going to help the sorrowful dragon.

Masked Monk 2 : And also not to allow you to escape from here.

Masked Monk 1 : So, will you be defeated by us or the dragon first? Either way, you're going down in the magma!

Domaric : How...troublesome...

Fiderit : Because the dragon has run amok... the volcano is active. That may make changes to our path and that could divide our army.

Domaric : Haha, what are you going to do Medion?

Grantack : There is no need to doubt the prince, Emperor. It is an elementary military ability to move your force without dividing them. With Prince's abilities, there's nothing to worry.

Domaric : Isn't that assuring, Fiderit? Even so Medion...demonstrate to me the battle that does not betray my expectation!

(if you did not kill Puppy Dragon in Scenario1)

Masked Monk 1 : Good boy, Baby Dragon...Run rampant, cause havoc. He's blocking the only path that appears on magma so this shall be a difficult place to fight.

Campbell : !!!

Masked Monk 1 : Heheh, looks a bit surprised... Looks like our little boy is pretty healthy, seeing as the path from the magma is shaking a lot.

Masked Monk 2 : He's believing the reason you guys came here... is to defeat him, so he's trembling in anger.

Masked Monk 1 : Heheh, we did a little persuation actually. The Baby Dragon fell for it too.

Masked Monk 2 : Both the Bulzome sect and Prince Arrawnt...do not want you people to escape from this cave. Do not try to fight it, die here peacefully.

Masked Monk 1 : So, will you be defeated by us or the dragon first? Either way, you're going down in the magma!

Domaric : How...troublesome...

Fiderit : Because the dragon has run amok... the volcano is active. That may make changes to our path and that could divide our army.

Domaric : Haha, what are you going to do Medion?

Grantack : There is no need to doubt the prince, Emperor. It is an elementary military ability to move your force without dividing them. With Prince's abilities, there's nothing to worry.

Domaric : Isn't that assuring, Fiderit? Even so Medion...demonstrate to me the battle that does not betray my expectation!

(yes/no section after the battle)

Domaric : Such dangerous folks... Their evil hands could even reach the Imperial capital Destonia. It may be even more perilous than previously thought.

I know what you want to say... To protect the imperial capital from the Bulzome sect, you want to return to Destonia...isn't that so?

------------------------------------------

(yes) : By the time we return to the empire through continental route. Aspia will be occupied by Arrawnt... Are you going to let that happen Medion?

(No) : So, you just can't return and leave Aspia occupied by Arrawnt...Medion, is that for the sake of your brother...or for your friend?

-------------------------------------------

Domaric : Huhuh, either we return or we go on, there will be enemies all over waiting for ambushes outside the cave. It would be a good idea to plan for their defeats in advance.

6-12

Soldier : How goes the lid to the surface above, Lady Dessheren?

Dessheren : I do not know yet...but...one of my subordinates should let me know soon.

Masked Monk : The way to open the lid to the outside surface...we figured it out.

Dessheren : Really? ...then...we can finally put the tank to the surface!

Masked Monk : We have discovered the handle that opens and closes the lid and since then, we have put several people turning the handle. but it's very rusted so...

Dessheren : It has been placed here since the ancient days, never been oiled once afterall...

Masked Monk : However it is opening... slowly, but surely...

Dessheren : Is that so? Well then... I'll leave the rest to the Bulzome infantries. You may return.

Masked Monk : They are for dealing with Medion battalion, correct...?

Dessheren : Back in Elbesem... where we had business with Gracia... and also in Saraband, they put their noisy head to everywhere... This place will be where they will shut up.

Soldier : Please notify Governor Garvin when it's almost time to put the tank to the surface.

Minotaur : Is Medion battalion...certainly coming, Lady Dessheren?

Dessheren : Yes...Medion battalion...they will certainly...come... I can sense their shadows... so, you've finally showed up, Medion battalion...

Medion : ......

Dessheren : Since Prince Arrawnt is defeated by Synbios battalion, it would be too much for Garvin force to be put up against Medion battalion.

Masked Monk : ...If only we had a little more time, we could put the tank out of the ruin, and yet now Medion battalion is here...

Dessheren : Hah...Medion battalion...so you shall choose to be a hinderance to our plan to invade Aspia with the tank... I will not allow you to meddle with us the second time!

Garvin : In the presence of a Bulzome High Priest, I beg you...High Priestess Dessheren. It's because of Medion battalion's disturbance, all the gears of our plan has gone crazy... Prince Arrawnt and Braff and many more... we lost our important allies thanks to Medion and Synbios. Please stop them here...so that once they witness the power of the tank created with the technology of the ancient civilization, they will realize they have no chance of victory against us. Only one person, King Benetram the wise, may be anticipating an attack from this tank... He knows more than anyone that once the tank is on the surface, it will be invincible...Even the fabled wall of Aspia is no match for this tank! Haha, although the maintanance is still incomplete, it won't be enough to halt our movement! So please, High Priestess Dessheren... I will ask for no more than you to stall them until the path to the above surface is pen.

Grantack : If that thing appears on the surface, there's no way for us to stop it.

(After the battle)

Dessheren : This Dessheren...lost to an Imperial Prince...

Uryudo : Oh no...the tank!

Syntesis : The lid to the exit of the ruin has opened...we're too late!

Dessheren : The promise with Governor Garvin...at least...I could keep it before...

"It's too early for you to die..."

Dessheren : You are...

Campbell : Are you...one of Bulzome...? We're not handing over...Dessheren...!

Jane : Please... do not stop me. I don't want to hurt anyone...I may be...from the northern land...but I am not one of Bulzome.

Grantack : You say you are not one of Bulzome... then what was that power you just showed? I cannot think of that other than the Negative Force...

Jane : Please do not speak of that matter further...!

Uryudo : But the way you exerted your power, it was just like Vandal Galm's...when we saw him for the first time...

Jane : No...please don't...

Dessheren : You better not push this child around... She's such a sweet child, yet she bears great sorrow. It's ok...don't cry.

Jane : Sis... Sis Helen... You pepople have won fair and square. Isn't that...enough...? Please...let us go...

Uryudo : What should we do... Prince Medion?

(YES)
-----------------------------------------------
Campbell : Wise choice, Prince Medion... We cannot afford to waste time on such trivial matter...

(NO)
Campbell : We are just as concerned about Jane as you are. A person that can use the Negative Force other than Bulzome... However, our priority here is to chase after the tank.

Jane : Then you will let us go...? Sister Helen... You will feel better soon... For now... I will soothe and relax...

Grantack : Strange girl... yet... she bears such terrible power.

Syntesis : I... I think I understand how she feel...since I am a girl just like her. She...she's a very pitiful girl.

Uryudo : Huh...what?

Syntesis : She had very sad eyes... She was trying very hard to hide what cannot be hidden... At least that's... how it looked to me.

Campbell : It's too early to get sentimental, Syntesis. We have a task to perform.

Syntesis : The tank...Governor Garvin's...

Campbell : If we leave the departed tank alone, all of Aspia will be wiped out... and that's also going to fuel fire to the emperor's ambition!

Uryudo : You say we can't leave that tank alone, that means you're saying we must stop it. But how can we stop such a huge...?

Grantack : Grantack's most ingenious plan of his life has just lit in my head!

Campbell : Most ingenious plan of your life... What is it...?

Grantack : To make this plan succeed... I'll need the help from the everyone in Medion battalion's help. Let's go back to the HQ to discuss our next course of action.

(phew, that's it. enjoy =p)
wcameron2005
Stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya
Shining Hero

Re: Untranslated parts of the second scenario

Post by wcameron2005 »

hell, learning jap must be hard
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

wcameron2005 @ Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:15 pm) wrote: hell, learning jap must be hard
Especially if you're gonna use the term "Jap", seeing as it's actually an offensive term. Kinda like calling a black person a "nigger".
wcameron2005
Shining Hero

Post by wcameron2005 »

riiiiiiiiiiight
so by calling myself a brit, i'm offending myself.
get off your high horse and eat your dinner
Kazgaroth
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Shining Legend

Post by Kazgaroth »

Shut up.

'Jap' is a racist term, 'Brit' is not.
Rayin wrote:Weren't you supposed to die in the war or something?
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

Kazgaroth @ Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:23 pm) wrote: Shut up.

'Jap' is a racist term, 'Brit' is not.
Precisely.

"Jap" came about as a slang term used by the Allies during the second world war as an insulting term towards the Japanese enemy forces. And many Japanese people take offence to being referred to as "Japs".
Sushi_Musashi

Post by Sushi_Musashi »

Cullsoft @ Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:32 pm) wrote: Precisely.

"Jap" came about as a slang term used by the Allies during the second world war as an insulting term towards the Japanese enemy forces. And many Japanese people take offence to being referred to as "Japs".
And not referring to Jewish American Princess :shifty: Just wanted to clear that ;)
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh No original Musashi picture....
knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by knight0fdragon »

how about opening a new topic for this discussion here and get back on track
-- ANTI ELDAR & ZERO APPRECIATION SOCIETY --

Visit the discord channel for discussions on all things Shining Force 3 related.

https://discord.gg/yWnUVCr

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:
Aho,Belegdol,???,Aspartate,Ark666,Dr.Doom,CyberWarriorX,StoneTheRock,an.donor,legalize freedom

Translation projects links

Shining Force 3: http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/
Wachenröder: https://segaxtreme.net/threads/sega-sat ... ost-182099
Castlevania SOTN: https://segaxtreme.net/threads/translat ... -02.24647/

Assisted on:
Bulk Slash: https://tinyurl.com/bulkslash
Mickey and Donald: https://tinyurl.com/mickdon
FirePro: https://tinyurl.com/firepro6
Blazing Tornado: https://tinyurl.com/fireprob
Spear God
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Spear God »

Awesome work Fallen Angel! Scenario 2 translation is at last complete! :)
I was disappointed to not know the meaning of the conversations between Desseheren and the others... Thanks again!

Now you can concentrate your work on the missing translations of book 3! :p
ITALY WORLD CUP CHAMPION! * * * *
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

Spear God @ Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:24 pm) wrote: Awesome work Fallen Angel! Scenario 2 translation is at last complete! :)
I was disappointed to not know the meaning of the conversations between Desseheren and the others... Thanks again!

Now you can concentrate your work on the missing translations of book 3! :p
What about the bookshelves or YES/NO sections? are they entirely done as well?

Oh, and don't assign me for the rest of Scenario3, the first three chapters were as far as I could go. I'm still relying on the translator program just to let you guys know. =p

For our little...side-argument about the Japs, I understand most folks who say Japs don't really mean ill-willed, just as young brats who blurt out "you're gay." do not say that to emphasize their homophoebic nature. But understand this, Japs is already a reserved word for a derogatory statement. Too bad for those who think typing "Japanse" is too long, this word has already been reserved back in the 40s, so blame yourselves for not being born earlier. =p If you really feel the need to shorten it, I recommend using "Jp". It may not make much sense compared to Jap, at least it's not offensive. And also understand not every country names can be shortened like Brits does, so respect those nations and those who live in it by calling it in a full name.
wcameron2005
Shining Hero

Post by wcameron2005 »

Riiiight. If you and Cull know so much, why haven't you re-written the japanese dictionary? Why don't you OWN the internet???

I'd also like to add that this has to be the funniest side-topic i've ever started, back to work.

And I expect this will be, after 8 years surfing the web, my first ban :( Unless someone decides to stop acting all straight-laced and actually LAUGH OUT LOUD :D once in a bl**dy while...
BTW, go to a certain other site and look at all the bad language they use, it's incredible.

LOL, obviously it's about a certain other game... can I mention the word POKéMON here because IMO that's a racist comment D:
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

Lol, you have a peculiar sense of observation. Where did I say I know so much? And why should I have re-written Japanese dictionary or own internet just because I and Cull have actually provided fact while you have provided speculative drivel? I'm actually amazed this silly discussion have went this far.

From http://www.dictionary.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;,

Jap ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jp)
n. Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a person of Japanese birth or descent.

Brit ( P ) Pronunciation Key (brt)
n. Informal
A British person.

...Need further proof other than a FACT? You are a British native aren't you? So then why the hell are you so vent up about YOUR language? Hell, English isn't even my first language and I didn't know I'd actually have to teach one to a native.

The Tall Guy, I request a lock if any unproductive response pertaining to this thread is given within this thread. Otherwise, if you guys have any genuine questions or comments about the translation, mine or not, please post.
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

Hey, don't blame us if you can't accept anything beyond your closed mind. :)

Or is your life so miserable that you feel you have to lash out at anything you find remotely offends you? :)

Or is this just the first internet site you've encountered that isn't inhabited in majority by retards like yourself? If you really have been surfing the net for 8 years, you must have been keeping to close-nit group of global elitists who can't accept that - God forbid - they may be wrong about some things, or that perhaps other people may be better than them at some things or know things that they don't. Either that or you've been spending all that time visiting dirty sites behind mummy and daddy's back for so long that you've wanked your brain to death. :)

First time banning? From what I've seen of you around this site you do nothing but whinge and bitch at people, and if this is your usual way of getting into an online community you must run off before they get the chance to do so. Please do the same here, you'll keep your clean slate and we'll be happy to watch the door hit your arse on the way out. :)
wcameron2005
Shining Hero

Post by wcameron2005 »

LOL no hard feelings guys, this is the only community that I actually enjoy using.
For what appears to be a well-informed community, this is a childish argument. Where did you get the idea about me whinging and bitching? Far be it from me to spurn your affections, but for one who does it so well, I have no further interest in your output.

I guess me using "Hell" got you hot under the collar.
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

I think they're trying to say just stop arguing.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

wcameron2005 @ Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:19 pm) wrote: Yes, I'm a British native. I didn't think you cared to be honest
...Oh, I do. With nothing but wonderful people like Cull,Moogie,Rick,Walch, Athrades, Shinsachiel, Dan, I have always had fond memories with British folks.

Just to re-iterate, languages are funny things. 'Yanks' which is a non-offensive word in any English speaking country, is actually used as a demeaning word in other countries. If I say 'Chinks on the armor' is a racist statement, you would ROFL too. =D
wcameron2005
Shining Hero

Post by wcameron2005 »

Are we to discriminate against those born with crippling mental disorders? Cull, darling, lose the Retard; you’re beginning to sound like me.
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

wcameron2005 @ Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:40 pm) wrote: Are we to discriminate against those born with crippling mental disorders? Cull, darling, lose the Retard; you?re beginning to sound like me.
Precisely.

You were the one who blew a fuse when I merely tried pointing out a handy piece of advice.
wcameron2005
Shining Hero

Post by wcameron2005 »

This topic needs to be locked before another mentally crippled guy, like me, shows up and starts embarrassing the folks. Y'know, I don't mean to start arguments, I just love people's reactions when they do start, y'know? I figured by exerting myself I'd solve my problem.