Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining the Holy Ark
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Here are 2 things I never saw in Shining The Holy Ark

Shining in the Darkness is born again, on the Saturn!

Here are 2 things I never saw in Shining The Holy Ark

Postby Pappets » Mon Oct 01 2018 9:42pm

Hello my Shining friends :)

I was searching for videos of STHA in youtube and then I saw one that demonstrates all the special attacks of all our characters. Well, nothing too special about it but I started seeing it anyway. And then I saw two things I was not expecting and which I never saw in STHA and I played this game at least 10 times:

- Arthur does a strange special attack. It appears that this is not done with his sword! What do I need to do or give to Arthur for him to do this special attack? Ahhh! Maybe he does this special attack with his knife! Or maybe this is in the japanese region/version only of the game. You see this at 0:33.

- The second thing i never saw in STHA was Rodi attacking with his left hand. Well, he is not really attacking with his left hand. He is just on the left side of the screen and his sprite is mirrored. But that means that he has more HP then all the others characters! But how? The only way to do this would be putting Arthur, Basso and Doyle aside from the battles because both they have more hp then Rodi. Let Basso and Doyle be killed and not ressurect them or just put them in the reserves. But what about Arthur? When he is killed in a battle he comes back right after it ends with 1hp. And he cannot be put in the reserves. Do you thing this is a gameshark code? Or am I missing something? You see this at 3:52

Here's the video. It seems it's from Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVg1PaS3GGE
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Here are 2 things I never saw in Shining The Holy Ark

Postby snake023 » Tue Oct 02 2018 5:27am

Arthur does that power attack with the red knife (you need to use it from your inventory) although it only has a rare chance to occur and you will get normal attacks most of the time, so it's not really worth it.
snake023

Return to Shining the Holy Ark