Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining the Holy Ark
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

[Book] Works for Shining the Holy Ark

Shining in the Darkness is born again, on the Saturn!

[Book] Works for Shining the Holy Ark

Postby Seijuro Hiko » Sun Jun 20 2010 2:15am

Hey guys, sorry to be making such a topic for such a trivial thing, but I´m an hige fan of artbook, concept art and all that.

I was wondering if anyone had any more information regarding this book listed by Moogie. http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/artwork.php?m=0&g=9
Are those all the pages the book have? Does it contain more, and also color pictures?
Any slim chance of still finding this book, or have you at any chance seen it?

On all those last years on eBay, I never the saw it :( The other one (Navi), yeah that can be bought like every week...

Thanks!
|Windows XP PRO | Club3d X800 Pro VIVO @ XT 520/560 |
|Athlon 64 3000+| 512 MB DDR Corsair PT |
|SoundBlaster 5.1 | 80GB Seagate IDE | 120GB Seagate 8MB IDE | 160GB Seagate 8MB SATA | 200GB Seagate 16MB SATA |
|Pioneer DVDR-108D 16x | Plextor 52x32x52 PREMIUM T3
|SoundBlaster 5.1 | 80GB Seagate IDE | 120GB Seagate 8MB IDE | 160GB Seagate 8MB SATA | 200GB Seagate 16MB SATA |
Seijuro Hiko

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: [Book] Works for Shining the Holy Ark

Postby Rune » Sun Jun 20 2010 3:45am

I'm away from home, where my copy is, so I can't say for sure but I believe it's more pages than she has up there. Probably around 70 to 100. They're in black and white except for the cover and maybe a few other pages.

I think moogie made a complete scan and put them up somewhere. But that would have been a few years ago and I can't find the link. Although I admit to not looking very hard.

I managed to get one off ebay a few years back, a few might appear there again some day.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Seijuro Hiko » Sun Jun 20 2010 2:45pm

Thanks for the heads up! :) The book was already worth it for me, even withou many color pictures.

Just one last question, the book is a "small" one like the Navi's or it´s more of the size of the SF3 Premium Artbook? Do you remmebr how much you've paid for it.

Thanks! I can only hope of finding one in the future :(
Seijuro Hiko

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Moogie » Sun Jun 20 2010 9:41pm

I've got high res BMPs of all the pages (101). The only colour pages are the front and back cover. The book is about A4 size (approx 30x19cm). I'll upload the scans for you in a mo & post a link when they're finished going up. Each page is about 6MB and the zip file is just under 400MB.

The book was a highly limited edition available through Camelot at the same time as the Premium Disc first became re-available. It originally cost just 10 International Reply Coupons, but for some reason most people didn't bother to get it. 10 IRCs were about UK£6.00 at the time. The book sells for rather more than that now of course!
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

Postby Seijuro Hiko » Mon Jun 21 2010 12:22pm

That would be very appreaciated, thanks Moogie! ;)

The size of the book seems very nice, a shame really I didn´t have the oportunity to get those items at the time (didn´t pay attention and didn´t have the means to buy from the net :()

It makes me even more sad (but happy on the other hand) to know that it was a limited editio book. Now, I´l willing to pay a premium price for it if I find it.

Thanks!
Seijuro Hiko

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Moogie » Tue Jun 22 2010 3:50pm

Sorry it took a while - bloody connection kept dying part way through the upload. After a half dozen or so attempts I think the file went up alright :)

http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/misc/works.zip - 374MB

They probably need some cleanup/adjusting, but they're a good enough basis I think.
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Administrator

Postby MXC » Tue Jun 22 2010 4:09pm

Awesome upload :) I enjoyed that a lot. Especially the end :shifty:
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Kaz » Tue Jun 22 2010 6:16pm

374MB...

Your web hosting package must be awesome.
Kaz

Suspended Indefinitely
Shining Member

Postby Seijuro Hiko » Tue Jun 22 2010 9:42pm

*drools* Fantastic book Moogie! It contains alot of awesome stuff in there :shock:

The scans are quite good, especially taking into account you probably did them ages ago? You´ve got a nice scanner if that's the case, because the quality is there :)

Also, great picture in the end too! :excited:

That reminds me that I´ve still yet to rip the complete soundtrack of Shining Force Feather. I´ll do that as soon as I finish my business with SF3.

I also have a question Moogie! Would you allow me to upload your artbook to where I have my scans of SF3 stored (on google picasa), granted that I give full credit to you and your website on the comments?
If not, I understand completely! Just wanted to give it a try ;)
Seijuro Hiko

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Musou » Wed Jun 23 2010 5:00am

MXC @ Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:09 am) wrote: Awesome upload :) I enjoyed that a lot. Especially the end :shifty:

Thirded!

Very impressive!
Ghostly Adam @ Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:11 pm EST wrote:And I don't have a dildo, you half wit.  I don't even have a dog.
Ghostly Adam @ Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:11 pm EST wrote:And I don't have a dildo, you half wit.  I don't even have a dog.
Musou

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby sulfuroxp » Wed Jun 23 2010 5:11am

... but, in SFC... o well

thanx Moogie! :D
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Moogie » Wed Jun 23 2010 9:21am

Kaz @ Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:16 pm) wrote: 374MB...

Your web hosting package must be awesome.

It has to be, SFC and its subsites total around 3.5GB. But we have plenty of space :)

Seijuro Hiko: Yes, I scanned those around 10 years ago I think - so I'm glad the quality is still acceptable in this day and age :)

I don't mind if you want to upload the images to Picassa, but equally I'd be very happy to host all your scans at SFC when I finish the redesign (giving you credit of course!).

Glad you're all enjoying the scans, I guess I should leave the file up there now it's uploaded, I can always move it when I include on the site somehow :)
Really need time to continue development on the site, but realistically it ain't gonna happen during the summer. Roll on winter!
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Administrator

Postby Medion » Sat Jun 26 2010 1:58pm

Awesome :D
Thank you for the upload Moogie ^^
Medion

Postby Martin III » Tue Jun 29 2010 12:50am

Yeah, thanks so much for uploading those, Moogie! :cool: That book is one of my favorite sections of SFC's "Artwork & Covers" library, and it's great to see the whole thing at last.

I have to say, I found the nude illustrations one of the most interesting parts of the book, and was a bit disappointed to find that there aren't any more of them. I guess they just drew the three playable women that way for the sake of sexual appeal. (**Sigh** Why must Japanese video gaming always cater to male perverts?) Though I suppose I should be grateful that they didn't do any nude drawings of Galm or Rilix. :eww:

...But yeah, the book is a wonderful array of designs that let you see the characters and dungeons in a whole new way. The sketches of the Enrich Forest and assorted dungeons are just amazing.

By the by, anyone know what the deal is with the arms growing out of Elise's back?
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Sinful Force » Fri Aug 20 2010 4:03am

Yes, very awesome book, and thank you very much for the Hi-Res scan Moogie. I love Shining Artbook scans very much and wish there was more Shining artworks than what is contained in these books. I mean, what did they leave out?

In relation to those nude pics, I must say this artist draws the most beutifull/sexist women I've ever seen. And I'm glad we had such a talented artist do the artwork for StHA & SF3. As everything he draws, like towns too, are very awesome.

Speaking of towns, it's sad they they had to simplify the the main castle town (Enrich?) so much. They basically squared it and simplified even more.

One thing I've noticed for awhile is that alot of characters designs from this game where carried over for certain SF3 character. Like Synbios/Arthur, Spiriel/Lisa, Hazuki/Akane, Frank/Doyle, and even Medion/Arthur if I where to go by a simple pic I've seen in this artbook (it's one variation of the many different faces of Arthur). Even therir personalities are simular to an extent, like Spiriel and Lisa. So yeah, glad to see these simularities in SF3, and I think it's really cool.
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chinagonuk » Mon Aug 06 2018 5:25am

The links to the scans are now broken. Does anybody have a working link for these? Pretty please.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining the Holy Ark