Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining the Holy Ark
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Holy Arks?

Shining in the Darkness is born again, on the Saturn!

Holy Arks?

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Jun 02 2017 12:16pm

Working on the SF3 translation and had a couple of questions. I'm not sure there are documented answers, but even if, I'd like to hear opinions.

Is there more than one Holy Ark?

Are all Spirits stored and delivered with the Holy Ark?

Thanks in advance for your input!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Holy Arks?

Postby mr2dax » Fri Oct 13 2017 10:19am

Just started a new playthrough with the Japanese version.
Will let you know if I found something regarding that, or anything else that might have been lost in translation...
mr2dax

Postby Novangel X » Mon Jan 08 2018 11:59am

just off the top of my head I honestly dont remember it ever being outright stated if there is only one ark and all spirits are carried in there only but I do think thats whats heavily implied. If memory serves the issue of how spirits work may be contradicted in SFIII with Gracia as I think he was born a Spirit Bearer but that may have to do with how Spirit Bearers have children together or something along those lines.

I do have to stress that its been YEARS since I played these games and Sce.2&3 didnt have a translation at the time so I may not be the most reliable source at the moment but I figured any info is better than no info at all.
Sorry i couldnt help more.
Now Loading...
Now Loading...
Novangel X

Double Gene
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Tue Jan 09 2018 2:53am

A Spirit does not have to possess a being after it is born. The Spirit could have very well imbued Gracia during the pregnancy stage of his mother, or Gracia could have been the Jesus Christ/Anakin Skywalker of the shining force world, and was immaculately conceived after the spirit has entered Gracias mother, possibly due to her being too inferior of a vessel to possess the spirit.
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby mr2dax » Sun Jan 14 2018 8:16am

Finally finished my playthrough of the Japanese version of Shining the Holy Ark.
There is no mention of multiple arks (ホーリィアーク), the coffins that contain the evil of the world.
There are "cargo ships" or 箱舟 (which also translate to "ark", like Noah's ark), that carry the ark around with the Spirits. As the ship was destroyed in the beginning of the game, once you defeat Panzer, the Spirits say that they need to signal for a new ship to come to pick up the ark together with the Spirits and take it back to the Creator.
Confusion might come from the fact that both the holy ark and the ships carrying the ark are translated as "ark".

Seems like there is one holy ark, but multiple ark ships.

Also, Spirits can't be away from the ark for long as they are, because they will be converted to evil ones.
Therefore, unless they possess someone, they need to be close to the ark at all times.
mr2dax

Return to Shining the Holy Ark