Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Wisdom
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

A few final questions.

Discuss this classic action RPG for the Sega Saturn.

A few final questions.

Postby Jukebox Hero » Fri May 23 2008 4:10am

Alright, so before I rush off to ruin Pazort's crap, there are a few last minute details I have yet to address.

Towards the beginning of the game, down in the Ancient Shrine, I noticed that there were a few places I couldn't get to until I mastered the long jump. So now that I've got that done, how am I supposed to get back in? The door is locked and I can't seem to find a way in.

Also, I was told that if I watered the little vine at the Millennial Tree there would be a bonus dungeon at the end. Did I only have to water it once? The game gave you the option to do it again it seemed, and I haven't been back to check on it since I left there. I really hope I haven't screwed the pooch on that one.

Alright, I think that's it. If someone could help me out (again) that'd be awesome!
Don't forget that our world cannot be measured by the rules of common sense, you old Earthlings who forgot dreams.
Don't forget that our world cannot be measured by the rules of common sense, you old Earthlings who forgot dreams.
Jukebox Hero

Re: A few final questions.

Postby zexxar » Fri May 23 2008 7:01am

If you mean the scene where Kazin jumps away before you get that anti sleep stone ( forgot the correct name)then IIRC you will get to the other side (where Kazin landed) when you'r on the way to the last labyrinths.

And in the Millennia Tree you have to water that vine 3 or 4 time and then it will grow and you can climb it where the bonus dungeon is which can take quiet some time :)
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Jukebox Hero » Fri May 23 2008 6:11pm

Ah, cool. I was thinking that, but I didn't wanna cross the point of no return unless I was sure. Thank you!

So do you think its too late in the game to water the vine the other 2-3 times that I have too? I really hope its not... :(
Jukebox Hero

Postby zexxar » Fri May 23 2008 7:22pm

It's never too late for anything :)
But you have to decide it for yourself because the reward you get the isn't something you need to get through the game but it can help you to get to certain places a little easier. You also have to decide if you want to find as much as possible to get good stats at the end of the game.

So it's your decision. I personally would do it although fininshing this bonus dungeon can get quiet disturbing.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Fri May 23 2008 10:55pm

Woah... I don't think I'd ever heard before that there was a bonus dungeon. Looking around, the information on its existence is obviously out there, so I must have just passed it by somehow. Interesting. This might serve as a motivation for a replay of SW one of these days.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Jukebox Hero » Sat May 24 2008 3:03am

Alright, I just got through the bonus dungeon. Thanks for the help, Zexxar. Now if someone could answer this final question, I think I'll be ready to give Pazort what he's got coming to him:

How many blue diamonds are there in all? I thought there were only 18, but I've found 19 of them! Is there just supposed to be one tiny bubble on the end? I'm rather OCD and things like that will BUG me, but I'll deal with it if that's how it is supposed to be.
Jukebox Hero

Postby Basso » Sat Sep 03 2011 4:41pm

There are 2 bonus labyrinths, the Royal labyrinth and the Air labyrinth (as opposed to the Wind labyrinth):

1) At any point after finishing the Sand labyrinth, use the slide shoes and spark orb in the metal panel in the eastern wing of the castle basement for the Royal labyrinth and,

2) Water the sapling in the Millennial Tree 3 times and wait (til either after the Wind labyrinth or the Light labyrinth, I'm not sure which), at which point the monkey suit will take you up the fully grown vine to a hole, which will zoom you off to the Air labyrinth when you move into it.
You can do this at any point in the game after you can finish the Millennial Tree, but you may as well get the watering out the way while you're first there anyway - you only need to visit the hermit at the top twice if you have both Silver Bottles. One you can get by talking to the King's assistant with the monacle in his sleeping quarters, around the time you are doing the Millennial Tree. For the other you slide down into the wall south of the Creepy Cavern entrance that's just west of the Jump labyrinth. A bit of a pain in the ass even with both bottles, but angel wings ease the pain and the treasure is worth it.

To re-enter the Ancient Shrine (or Perilous Pass, as it's called), finish the Light labyrinth and talk to the King. He'll reveal the secret entrance to the Great Labyrinth, which goes via the Perilous Pass on the other side of Magma Lake. You can slide across the lake with the Blast Orb, or use the Air Labyrinth treasure - but as said at the beginning, the Spring Shoes won't make it. There's a couple of treasures lying around that you couldn't get before - just use the mole claw.

The anti sleep stone is called the Vigilance Spall or Awaken Stone on my version.
There are 20 blue diamonds and 20 red diamonds.
Pazort is pretty easy if you get him into a rhythm of flying along the same line, and if you use the shining sword and blast orb. His attacks are easy to avoid because he gives you a second facing the direction he'll attack before casting each of his two spells. Just get behind him or to his side and you won't be harmed by them.
Basso

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Wisdom