Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Save states?

Could use a bit of help...

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

Save states?

Postby Master of Octopi » Tue Jan 16 2007 9:14pm

Hello. I just started another playthrough for SFCD, and rather than dig out my console, I figured I'd play it on an emulator (less wires). Anywho, I just noticed a problem with save states when using Gens/Gens+: whenever I load one, it basically loads a screen shot with sound. Is there anything I can do, or should I keep it to in-game saves? And if I do have to keep the saves in-game, how long will the save stay there?

Re: Save states?

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Tue Jan 16 2007 10:40pm

Yeah, use the in-game saves. Save states are buggy in SFCD unless you know what you're doing but even so, they can't replace normal saves.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Tue Jan 16 2007 10:58pm

According to the Gens+ manual, Gens+ does not support save states for Sega CD. It surprised me to find that they work at all, never mind that on one occasion I had one work without any apparent bugs.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Abbacus » Fri Feb 16 2007 6:42pm

Yeah, I wrecked my game doing that. I decided to load the Boat fight (Book 1, Battle 1) from the Wodol Scorpion match. All the enemies became puff clouds and the main characters turned into the ones from the woldol match. Save the game as if you were playing it on your genesis.
http://maulsdomain.proboards98.com/index.cgi
Impressive, new general discussion board.
http://maulsdomain.proboards98.com/index.cgi
Impressive, new general discussion board.
Abbacus

Return to Shining Force CD