Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

questions

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

questions

Postby realworksuks » Fri Oct 20 2006 12:32am

Hey, I just got done with shining force resurrection of the dark dragon for GBA, I am going to play shining force CD now, and I was wondering about a couple things.
First, can someone explain the leveling and promotion system?? How many levels can you gain unpromoted, and then how many can you gain promoted, the maximum you can gain.
Secondly, is there any penalty to you if your characters die in battle besides the fee you have to pay to revive them? Any experience losses or anything else?
Ok thanks.
realworksuks

Re: questions

Postby Alpha » Fri Oct 20 2006 12:49am

You can promote characters upon reaching level 10, though you can go right up to level 20. After promotion, the limit is 99, though I've never heard of anybody going that high before.

There is no penalty to you if your characters die in battle besides the fee you have to pay to revive them. No experience losses or anything else.

Ok, you're welcome.
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile

Laeralas' character sheet
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile

Laeralas' character sheet
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby realworksuks » Fri Oct 20 2006 12:50am

haha thanks again, I liked the "ok, your welcome" haha :)

I forgot one more thing. In other strategy rpg's i've played, like fire emblem for example. The reason for not promoting until you reach level 20 is because you get extra levels, and experience is somewhat scarce. Since they let you level up to level 99 in this game, that can't be the case. Is there any reasons to wait until you are level 20 to promote instead of level 10?? Any advantages??
realworksuks

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Fri Oct 20 2006 9:12am

There is the avantage to gain in stats, yes. Same kind of system as Fire Emblem if you want a reference.
And you won't reach level 99 in SFCD unless you try really hard. And even so you won't gain much (if not any) stats as soon as you reach level 30.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force CD