Anyboder here thought that DEANNA is a woman?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12 2006 9:23pm
by Great Paladin
I did

Re: Anyboder here thought that DEANNA is a woman?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12 2006 10:52pm
by Demonic Weasel
You know a lot of people here seem to have had that impression. But seriously, aside from the name there's really not anything femminine about him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12 2006 10:55pm
by Alpha
I think because of the name, Marine changed Deanna to his surname in the Chaos Wars stuff. In that he was Dean Deanna. But hey, whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12 2006 11:00pm
by Swalchy
When I first read the Name, most certainly.

After seeing the Characters face, no.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2006 6:00am
by v2freak
I thought he was, and I still had doubts after I saw his picture.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2006 5:15pm
by Cullsoft
Out of curiosty, what gender would people think someone called Shu was?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2006 6:28pm
by ChillinVillain
Culley O'Fursdom @ Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 am) wrote: Out of curiosty, what gender would people think someone called Shu was?

Male. Doesn't sound female at all to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14 2006 9:41am
by Abbacus
Back in '96 when I first played SFCD I DID actually think he was a girl. But recently, compared to Chaz from SF2, who just yesterday, I thought was a girl with a tash. Deanna's girlyness makes him likeable in a way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14 2006 3:26pm
by Demonic Weasel
But... but... He doesn't look like a girl really. Aside from his name, what gave you that impression?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 1:07am
by Great Paladin
to be honest, i don;t know. like i just had a hunch that he was. maybe because of the blue eyes. i dunno. By the way, Chaz looks like jesus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 1:13am
by MaVeR!Ck77
hell no.i never thought he was a girl.deanna is awesome and i would never make that impression.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 1:32am
by Demonic Weasel
Blue eyes? Blue eyes? Plenty of men have blue eyes. And Maverick fellow, could you try to make your posts at least slightly more legible? I grant you that you use punctuation, but you could also try to use some capitilization.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 2:39am
by Great Paladin
maybe the face a bit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 7:51am
by Orange Gort
Culley O'Fursdom @ Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:15 pm) wrote: Out of curiosty, what gender would people think someone called Shu was?

Shu is his name in the japanese version. So he's not a girl. I sorta think of his name lika a Pat. It could be for either gender. I met a girl the other day, and she has the same name I do, and I'm not a girl. Or am I? :shifty:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 7:53am
by Chaos
A female hero would also be pretty cool, don't you think?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 8:06am
by Orange Gort
I wouldn't want just a female hero. Maybe a female hero/leader like Natasha. Or if there were multiple scenarios like SF3, and in another scenerio/s you could be a dude.

I don't think a chik using the Chaos Breaker/Force Sword/Force Blade would go over too well. Who knows maybe in future SF games they will call it the Chaos Sword, Chaos Blade, Force Breaker. Who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 1:55pm
by Stordarth
Orange Gort @ Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:06 am) wrote: I wouldn't want just a female hero. Maybe a female hero/leader like Natasha. Or if there were multiple scenarios like SF3, and in another scenerio/s you could be a dude.

I don't think a chik using the Chaos Breaker/Force Sword/Force Blade would go over too well. Who knows maybe in future SF games they will call it the Chaos Sword, Chaos Blade, Force Breaker. Who knows?

aw HELL no. uh uhn. I didn't fix it up for some broad to go using it. :lol:

and my initial impressions of Deanna were that he was slightly feminine... until the conversation between warderer and hindel. The 'brother' storyline was a dead giveaway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 2:37pm
by VoxPVoxD
Nick was girlier.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 5:34pm
by Great Paladin
Stordarth @ Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:55 pm) wrote: aw HELL no. uh uhn. I didn't fix it up for some broad to go using it. :lol:

and my initial impressions of Deanna were that he was slightly feminine... until the conversation between warderer and hindel. The 'brother' storyline was a dead giveaway.

agreed. that gave it away. By the way, Demonic Weasel, what game is your avatar from??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 5:43pm
by Lord Oddeye sama
It's from this very game we are speaking of in this topic : Shining Force CD!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 5:54pm
by Demonic Weasel
Stordarth @ Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:55 pm) wrote: aw HELL no. uh uhn. I didn't fix it up for some broad to go using it. :lol:

Well to be fair Stor, given how the technology wasn't really that sophisticated and that plots were only just beginning to evolve at the time the industry wasn't really in a good way to do anything more oblique than that.

It's too bad that the hint was so obvious, but there was no way around that at the time.

And I concurr with LO, but avie is from Shining Force CD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2006 6:04pm
by Great Paladin
i see. thnx. i only played the original sword of hajya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16 2006 12:50am
by Orange Gort
I never thought that Deanna was a woman. Even though Natasha is more masculine than him. Look at the cover of the game. He doesn't look at all like a girl. He looks damn cool. Nick too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04 2006 10:58pm
by domingo43
Demonic Weasel @ Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:26 pm) wrote: But... but... He doesn't look like a girl really. Aside from his name, what gave you that impression?

Deanna

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

And you thought that there was nothing feminine about that face?

EDIT: When I played the game in Japanese (before I got an English version) I thought that he was female all the way through.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2006 8:27pm
by Demonic Weasel
I can't say that there's anything particuarly femminine about that face. Perhaps you judge it so because he has long hair? Or perhaps because his eyes are blue? I honestly don't see what is so overwhelmingly femminine about that face.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21 2006 8:33pm
by Great Paladin
it's hard to explain. i dunno i had a hunch that he was