Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Need a little translation

SF Gaiden 1

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

Need a little translation

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Tue Aug 08 2006 6:10pm

Well in a moment of boredom I decided to test the debug mode code in every Shining Force games. I've got the expected result for Gaiden 2 SoH and Gaiden 3 FC. But when I tried it in Gaiden 1, the configuration menu (which is present in said games) didn't appear at all. I selected a new game and I've got the character renaming step as usual but the game just started normally.
Now here is the part I'm interested in.
In battle 1, both Nick, Sig and Wendy started promoted and with uber strong stats and 4 spells. Wendy has got the 4 elemental spells but Nick and Sig are still stuck with Egress and Heal respectively + 3 additional spells I can't identify and using a very big amount of MP when cast.
Nick also got different items. I think the first one is the Sword of Hajya (it has Freeze 3 and is showed as a sword when Nick attacks) and the second one is a Dark Sword (Desoul 1 and cursed when equipped).
And to finish, a message is displayed at the end of some turns (probably the same kind of message you see in SF2's battles when debug mode is enabled but again I'm not sure).

So, could someone with good knowledges in Japanese translate those lines for me? (I'll take screenshots when needed). I'm mainly curious to know what those 6 additional spells are.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Re: Need a little translation

Postby Aspartate » Tue Aug 22 2006 2:07am

Nick's weapon: Sword of Hajya and the Dark Sword.

Nick's spell: Quick, Slow, Attack.

Sig's spell: Antispell, Elude, Soul Steal.
Aspartate

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Mon Sep 11 2006 2:52pm

Many (belated) thanks. But I still don't know what's this message saying at the end of each turn. And now that I know what those spells are, this is probably my last question.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Aspartate » Wed Sep 13 2006 11:09am

"Hey! Don't you dare intrude my territory!"

...or something like that. (Was this line said by the bird on the sea? I suppose you already intruded then. XD)
Aspartate

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Sun Sep 24 2006 1:57pm

:lol: I don't know exactly who said that but it's funny to find it in debug mode only.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force CD