Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

can't get power ring in book 2!

no ring when I defeat the hell sniper!

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

can't get power ring in book 2!

Postby bab574 » Mon Aug 07 2006 12:27pm

According to RPG classics and I walkthrough I attained elsewhere, it said to attain the power ring, one would have to defeat the hell sniper with Natasha's team (this was after Deanna's team was divided into two groups at Portobello). On the ship before they were divided a bat of some kind had both a power ring and protect ring, but couldn't get them from him. After defeating the Hell Sniper with the power ring with Natasha's team, I still didn't receive the ring. I didn't die or egress, however I did quit the game, saving it at the beginning at this battle, I believe it is battle 6. Any ideas on what is wrong here? :confused:
bab574

Re: can't get power ring in book 2!

Postby Alpha » Mon Aug 07 2006 2:05pm

It's been a while since I played this part, but it's possible that the Hell Sniper doesn't even drop the ring. I'm can't vouch for that however.

Also, does the person who is laying the killing blow have free spaces in their inventory? Because if it's full, then they can't pick up enemy items.
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile

Laeralas' character sheet
The WoopBlood

Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Rusty » Mon Aug 07 2006 10:05pm

...in which case it should be in the Deals section in the shop.
Rusty

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Mon Aug 07 2006 10:17pm

I'm guessing though Rusty that he quit as soon as he didn't pick it up, not thinking to look in the deals section :p
The WoopBlood

The WoopBlood

Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby bab574 » Wed Aug 09 2006 12:36pm

Yeah guys, I did try that option. I first killed the guy with my paladin, who had nothing, and did not recieve the power ring. Then I used someone who had a free space in the inventory, and no ring was received. I egressed, and when to the shop, looking in the deals section, where the shopkeeper told me, "Sorry, No Deals Today!" I saved my game right where the characters begin their ascent up the hill, so I guess I'll keep trying until something happens!
Thanks for your help. :damnit:
bab574

Postby Spear God » Wed Aug 09 2006 9:18pm

Actually, stop losing your time, the Hell Sniper DON'T drop the Power Ring... I don't remember there is a Power Ring to obtain in this book.
ITALY WORLD CUP CHAMPION! * * * *
ITALY WORLD CUP CHAMPION! * * * *
Spear God

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby bab574 » Thu Aug 10 2006 1:01pm

Now that is frilling annoying! To have two walkthroughs give me the false hope of attaining an item that I cannot get! Thanks for your assistance! I probably would have given up in two more tries, once in killing him with a character with space in his inventory, then egressing, then later after finishing the level and not attaining it at the shop. Now I'll be able to finish the game without considering starting book 2 all over again! :shock:
bab574

Postby v2freak » Fri Aug 11 2006 12:51am

To confirm, the Power ring was never dropped in battle or sent to the deals section of the vendor. For me, that is.
v2freak

Postby bab574 » Fri Aug 25 2006 2:50pm

Thanks for confirming that fact! It was very annoying when I thought I was messing up, or missing something. I'm finally able to go onward in the game! :shock:
bab574

Return to Shining Force CD