Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Transferring Scripts from CD to Game Gear

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

Transferring Scripts from CD to Game Gear

Postby jahob » Sun Jul 05 2015 2:07am

I know most people play Shining Force CD instead the Game Gear originals but I wanted to Game Gear ones instead due to the nostalgia factor. Since the Game Gear Gaiden was the only one to not be English translated, is there a way that I can transfer the script from the Gaiden portion of Shining Force CD and insert it into Gaiden?

If not, does anyone know any alternate way of doing this?
jahob

Re: Transferring Scripts from CD to Game Gear

Postby Martin III » Fri Jul 10 2015 4:54am

Presumably you could create a patch for SF Gaiden 1 which would insert the script, much like the translation patch for SF Gaiden: Final Conflict. However, a few of the conversations in Gaiden 1 were altered/extended in Shining Force CD (e.g. the exchange between Lowe and Woldol before the battle with Evil Monster is much shorter in Gaiden), so that may present a problem if you try to transfer the SF CD script as is.
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby sbloom85 » Sat Aug 22 2015 3:59am

I like the sound of this. I'd be very interested in seeing a translation patch for the original Gaiden game and play them all on the game gear.
sbloom85

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby RedShine » Mon Sep 05 2016 8:23pm

Personally I've always wanted to see the opposite done, myself (that is, Final Conflict uplifted to 16-bit quality). It would have made the most sense for Sega to do this, and I'd rather have that than the shoehorned books 3 and 4 in SFCD.
RedShine

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force CD