Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Which is the best book?

Not sure

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

Which is the best adventure?

Book 1?
14%
Book 2?
48%
Book 3?
28%
Book 4?
10%

Total votes : 29

Re: Which is the best book?

Postby Cullsoft » Sat Nov 11 2006 11:45pm

QUOTE (qprmanzz @ Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:29 pm) ooo thanks Culley O'Fursdom i''l play through my new one again and see if i can get there :) until then i still vote book 3 ... oh and like Demonic Weasel i'm still wondering what book 6 is :p
WARNING: SPOILER!
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Chaos » Sun Nov 12 2006 10:26am

Book 2 is by far my favorite.
"Fiery the angels fell / Deep thunder rolled around their shores / Burning with the fires of Orc."
"Fiery the angels fell / Deep thunder rolled around their shores / Burning with the fires of Orc."
Chaos

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby domingo43 » Sun Nov 12 2006 10:28am

I like Book 1 a lot too, although it doesn't surpass Book 2 by far.
madcatsomethingorother wrote:It's called "gang mentality." The combined intelligence of any group of people is inversely proportional to the number of people in said group.

If someone could explain why I was banned forthis? It didn't seem too dissimilar to other emu topics.

No warez/piracy

We try to keep things legal here, which means you may not provide/request links to/information about illegal media
madcatsomethingorother wrote:It's called "gang mentality." The combined intelligence of any group of people is inversely proportional to the number of people in said group.

If someone could explain why I was banned forthis? It didn't seem too dissimilar to other emu topics.

No warez/piracy

We try to keep things legal here, which means you may not provide/request links to/information about illegal media
domingo43

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Sun Nov 12 2006 10:47am

Wow. I didn't realise I'd posted in this over a year ago =/ But now I've played the whole sha-bang, I can say more that I did before.

I think both Book 1 and Book 2 have excellent storylines, though I like the characters (one in particular) more in Book 2.

Book 3 however was probably the funnest to play, though that isn't saying it's the best. It was so great because everyone was there to use and you could have a unique Force compared to the other games. And some of the items you can find are just plain awesome.

Book 4 I like, because it's such a challenge.

Overall, it's a close run between Book 2 and Book 3.
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile

Laeralas' character sheet
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile

Laeralas' character sheet
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Alexander_13 » Sun Nov 12 2006 5:06pm

the third book rocks
Alexander_13

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Shining Bowie » Sat Dec 02 2006 5:35am

I voted a long time ago for book one... because it's the only one I ever play... and then my save file goes missing.....

:damnit:
I'm not just Bowie, I'm

SHINING BOWIE!!!!!!!!!

The difference is blinding!

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Stillwater Glenn Designs is now attending university and has quite given up on finishing Ties of Heart.
I'm not just Bowie, I'm

SHINING BOWIE!!!!!!!!!

The difference is blinding!

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Stillwater Glenn Designs is now attending university and has quite given up on finishing Ties of Heart.
Shining Bowie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Shadow Angel » Sat Dec 02 2006 9:30am

Always liked the second book the best.
"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

"How much longer can I stand not being by your side? Seeing you is like a dream, one that I wish never to wake up from."

"Just once in my life I think it'd be nice, just to lose control just once, with all the pretty flowers in the dust, it's true were all a little insane"

"Souma, have you ever eaten trash in an alley? have you ever been backstabbed by someone you thought was your friend Have you ever gotten down on your knees to beg for your life from someone you hate so much you want to kill him? you wouldn't would you your fine with that I want you to walk the path where sun shines a life with a warm peaceful path that's why I left you." - Tsubasa
"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

"How much longer can I stand not being by your side? Seeing you is like a dream, one that I wish never to wake up from."

"Just once in my life I think it'd be nice, just to lose control just once, with all the pretty flowers in the dust, it's true were all a little insane"

"Souma, have you ever eaten trash in an alley? have you ever been backstabbed by someone you thought was your friend Have you ever gotten down on your knees to beg for your life from someone you hate so much you want to kill him? you wouldn't would you your fine with that I want you to walk the path where sun shines a life with a warm peaceful path that's why I left you." - Tsubasa
Shadow Angel

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Martin III » Sat Dec 16 2006 11:48pm

Tough call here... sort of.

Book 4 is out of the running because it's just one battle. Also, while a rematch with all the bosses in one battle is a nice idea, it's not particularly inspired.

Book 3 has a lot of unique elements to it, like being able to pick your party from almost all of the characters in the first two books(though I'm frustrated that you don't again get Mayfair as a playable character) and a downright challenging series of battles. However, it is quite short, and the storyline didn't impress me at all. Also, Dava is a pretty uninteresting final boss; whether or not you beat her depends mostly on your amount of resources.

But Books 1 and 2 both kick unqualified butt. Both have decent storylines and characters, and plenty of interesting battles. Battle 2 in Book 1, where you have to find your weapons, is a favorite of mine. However, I went for Book 2. The division of the force into two parties is a very original idea that was handled beautifully, and the bosses are generally more interesting(Iom runs a close second to Panzer as my favorite final boss of the Shining series).

Of course, a few days from now I may well wish I had gone for Book 1... :damnit:
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Thehotdogman » Fri Dec 22 2006 9:03am

Do you get to unlock three and four after you've beat one and two? I've only ever been able to choose from one or two. I'm new as all hell to this game, heh.
Thehotdogman

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Fri Dec 22 2006 9:54am

Finishing Books 1 and 2 (or only 2, I'm not sure) unlocks Book 3.

Finding the Museum ticket in Book 2 and completing Book 3 unlocks Book 4.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Previous

Return to Shining Force CD