Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Deanna or Nick?

Who is better?

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

Nick or Deanna

Nick
51%
Deanna
49%

Total votes : 39

Re: Deanna or Nick?

Postby Omega Entity » Thu Apr 10 2014 6:49pm

Natasha acts as leader in part of one of the Gaiden games, complete with Egress spell, as I recall.
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby RedShine » Fri Apr 11 2014 3:07am

calibur wrote:Definitely agree on Nick statwise. Though I prefer Deanna because he looks like a cartoon version of me.
Anyways, why not just rename him Dean? It was obviously a mistake by people who didn't know much about English.

There's even a guy named "Kashing"

I can't say for certain on the matter of stat points, but I've been running a small independent research on the matter of names and while Sega's reasoning can be hard to fathom more often than not (I hate the way they recycle names even though many of the original names would have fit in the given space, no problem; speak nothing of the horrible uppercasing) and here's what I could find out.

The original name is Shu, a homage to Shugo Takahashi (correct me if I'm wrong there) one of the lead designers. If we take the name for what it means, we get "guardian" which could lead to many possible adaptations that carry that meaning to english; I'm particularly fond of the name Alec which is a short for Alexander, defender of mankind.

Calibur has a very strong point however, and Deanna's name may be nothing but a simple error, and was actually meant to be Dean from the start, when localized. Dean derives from the latin decanus, which means "leader of ten", a role Deanna fulfills, even if the actual number is 12.
RedShine

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Martin III » Fri May 29 2015 3:46pm

Yep, gameplay-wise Natasha is leader for part of Gaiden II/SF CD Book 2, and story-wise she's the leader for the whole thing.
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby ZethaPonderer » Sun Feb 05 2017 2:00am

Nick is superior all around stat-wise compared to Deanna. He excels really well in gaining crazy defense and Best HP growth in my SFCD playthrough. Deanna is 2nd best if you ask me although I do like him as a character who's role is pretty similar to Max from SF1 where he has a mysterious past and the further you advance in Book 2, the more you want to know about the guy.

My vote goes for Nick. He's without question, the best character in SFCD.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Previous

Return to Shining Force CD