Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

I need help with the music for my Shining Force CD

HELP!

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

Postby Lord_Bowie_9000 » Wed Aug 31 2005 8:53pm

Here's the problem. I have it all running and the sound effects are working, but I can't hear the music. I've tried changing the sound to 44mhz, I've even tried renaming the mp3's how they are supposed to be (or whatever I think it is...) Now, this is where you guys come in... Any suggestions? I know how to rename all the soundtracks but what is the ISO that I'm supposed to name? (what file is it, and what should it usually say?)
:biggrin: Trust me. I do this ALL the time... :thumbsup:

Postby Rainbow-Bunny » Wed Aug 31 2005 9:53pm

Firstly, make sure that all the MP3 files are in the same directory as the ISO.

Then if that doesn't work, make sure that all your file names are correct, i.e. if your ISO was called "SFCD", make all your mp3s called "SFCD", followed by the track number:

"SFCD 01.mp3" for example
Ice Cream For Crow Records - Indie cassette label based in Aberdeen, Scotland
Rainbow-Bunny

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: I need help with the music for my Shining Force CD

Postby Lord_Bowie_9000 » Wed Aug 31 2005 10:01pm

ah i get it now. thanks! but what if the iso is named like this: Shining__Force_CD ... then what?

Postby Rainbow-Bunny » Wed Aug 31 2005 10:41pm

Lord_Bowie_9000 @ Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:01 pm) wrote: ah i get it now. thanks! but what if the iso is named like this: Shining__Force_CD ... then what?

Rename the ISO to something simpler, like "SFCD" or "Shining Force CD", and then do what I said
Rainbow-Bunny

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lord_Bowie_9000 » Wed Aug 31 2005 11:00pm

Rainbow-Bunny @ Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:41 pm) wrote: Rename the ISO to something simpler, like "SFCD" or "Shining Force CD", and then do what I said

I did. I have the Fusion emulator and I've done everything you said, even changed the mhz to 44, I clicked on the perfect sync button, formatted the emulator, but nothing.

Postby Rainbow-Bunny » Thu Sep 01 2005 5:21pm

Lord_Bowie_9000 @ Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:00 pm) wrote: I did. I have the Fusion emulator and I've done everything you said, even changed the mhz to 44, I clicked on the perfect sync button, formatted the emulator, but nothing.

Try another emulator like Gens+
Rainbow-Bunny

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Jamesensor » Sun Jul 30 2006 3:13am

Just do the following:

Make a folder where you put the iso and the songs

the file you downloaded must be with the iso + mp3 separated

Run the emu

Pick the iso

Result: songs in-game working

ex:

Shining Force CD 04.mp3

Shining Force CD.ISO

All in one folder and run the iso

(I had to download another game pack songs+iso together to get it to work, it's because of your download, not good)
Jamesensor

Postby Chaos » Fri Aug 25 2006 3:34pm

I've tried out everything you guys suggested above, but I still don't have the music working. The game is just much less fun without the music. Does anyone have some more suggestions to get it working?
"Fiery the angels fell / Deep thunder rolled around their shores / Burning with the fires of Orc."
"Fiery the angels fell / Deep thunder rolled around their shores / Burning with the fires of Orc."
Chaos

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Doomblade66 » Sat Jul 18 2009 5:28pm

I have to second this - admittedly a few YEARS after this last post in this thread....but I too am having some sound problems getting the music to play.

Here's the thing.

I tested the MP3 songs on Windows Media Player - and they play fine there....no issues. By the way - the music is QUITE excellent - very good audio by the designers of the game, I have to say.

So they do work.

Now...the file for the game ALSO works properly - as I can play through everything just fine- with game sound effects working okay - no issues. But no MUSIC (BGM, etc).

The problem I'm having is trying to get the two to sync up properly.

I've read many of the "fixes" suggested here...but I'm still having problems with it.

Basically...I have the file ....named as SFCD - then the audio tracks (which were already in MP3 format, but they say I should rename them with .mp3 afterwards, so I did) - - - so now the first song, is listed as SFCD 02.mp3

The next song is SFCD 03.mp3, then SFCD 04.mp3 - - - etc etc

This SHOULD be correct, right ? And yet....no luck.

I'm using PicoDrive emulator, if that has anything to do with it ? But PicoDrive is supposed to be able to play SegaCD games - so, I'm a bit stumped. Any ideas or help you guys can give in getting this audio to properly play ?

------------------------------

* * * EDIT * * *

I think I may have fixed it - I tried the files with yet another naming set and this time it's worked - you do seem to have to have it set to 44,100 (IIRC) for the audio to play properly or it gets all fizzagagagagly every now and then. If I have any further issues / questions - I'll re-ask. ;)

-------------------------------

EDIT - EDIT

Okay - the problem I have is...the sound does work....but, periodically, while I have the sound running, the system (PSP) ends up sloooowwwwing dowwwwn and the orange / memory-access light will flash rapidly. If I leave the thing sitting there....it will struggle on like that for about....oh...15-25 seconds (30 tops) ...then the light will stop flashing, the game will stop the slow-down / stutter and the sound resumes normally.

Additionally, it sometimes will just struggle onwards like that...and if I click other buttons, continue to do actions / move characters / select "Attack" icon, etc - it will just fizzle out (the sound).....then be silent for a while, before again, starting up normally after a time.

It's odd.

Any thoughts as to what could be the problem ?

Note that I tested this with "Sound OFF" and it works fine - ie the game plays for hours without any "slowdown" effect happening at any time. Thus, it seems clear it's somehow related to the music being on ?
Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby lastknightleft » Wed Oct 07 2009 4:18pm

Hey, I just wanted to thank the posters here, you guys are awesome. I had given up on the music when after transfering them to WAV files I still couldn't get them to play. But with the tips I read here, I've finally got tunes. You guys are great. Now I have one question some of the tracks I downloaded were misnumbered, I've gotten a few sorted out, but I don't think I have the song for the opening screenshot, or when the girl says goodbye after you save. Anyone able to tell me where I can get those two specific songs without having to download the whole music section over again, and also, what track number should the music playing when she says goodbye be? :confused:
lastknightleft

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Flygon » Wed Oct 07 2009 9:54pm

Okay, I have made a rip that integrates the music to the games music into the image file, you WILL need to open the game with the provided CUE file.

I HIGHLY recommend you use Kega Fusion! If you want, I shall also supply the European BIOS (My method refused to comply with the US edition).

MSN me or AIM me for obvious reasons.
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)