Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force CD
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Super Easy Grinding Strat

Okay, here goes.

Also incorporating Shining Force Gaiden 1 & Shining Force Gaiden 2 (aka Sword of Hajya).

Super Easy Grinding Strat

Postby monkbarron » Fri Jun 30 2017 5:40pm

So today, I finally decided to get around to SF; CD again. Currently I am in Book One, Battle One and I discovered something amazing; The Protect Rings never break! So here is the grinding strategy; Simply kill all the enemies in the battle except for the Mage, then at the spawn point of the battle, put everyone in a 'T' shape and use the protect ring. Fast forward until the effect wears off and repeat this as many times as you like. I'm doing this to get everyone to level twenty before promotion. :excited:
:sleep: Z Will Always Dominate Any SF TAS :sleep:
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Super Easy Grinding Strat

Postby Swalchy » Fri Jul 21 2017 9:14pm

Aye. This has been a well known grinding strategy, to which I've abused many a time. :)

Now I don't get them to level 20 anymore on the first battle. Do like a little bit of a challenge. :)

For an extra boost, before you deal the final blow to the Mage, if you 'drop' everyone's Protect rings, you'll then be able to buy all 6 of them in the deals section of the shop. Albeit they cost 10,000 gold coins! :D
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby monkbarron » Mon Jul 24 2017 5:15pm

Swalchy wrote:Aye. This has been a well known grinding strategy, to which I've abused many a time. :)

Now I don't get them to level 20 anymore on the first battle. Do like a little bit of a challenge. :)

For an extra boost, before you deal the final blow to the Mage, if you 'drop' everyone's Protect rings, you'll then be able to buy all 6 of them in the deals section of the shop. Albeit they cost 10,000 gold coins! :D

Heh, I've heard about that. Anyways, as soon as I make myself finish Chapter 1 of CD, I will grind the characters to their most maxed out point, twenty for promotion, then 99, and use them only. Currently I'm on the battle with the Fizzle Eye.
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby RedShine » Mon Jul 31 2017 10:27am

If I can chip in to the discussion, Disc 2 also provides a good grinding opportunity at none other than the very last battle on that book, depending on who you want to use on Book 3 and the Museum Battle.
As long as you don't bother with attacking Iom straight up, you could farm the Iom Dolls he spawns for good experience.

It's not exactly fast, but if it is safe enough if you work in groups of two or three and block the spawn points with a character you aren't training while you recover those that are. Just watch for those Freeze spells!
RedShine

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby monkbarron » Mon Jul 31 2017 4:20pm

RedShine wrote:If I can chip in to the discussion, Disc 2 also provides a good grinding opportunity at none other than the very last battle on that book, depending on who you want to use on Book 3 and the Museum Battle.
As long as you don't bother with attacking Iom straight up, you could farm the Iom Dolls he spawns for good experience.

It's not exactly fast, but if it is safe enough if you work in groups of two or three and block the spawn points with a character you aren't training while you recover those that are. Just watch for those Freeze spells!

Yes, good point!
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force CD