Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

What happened to Adam?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Demonic Weasel » Thu Sep 29 2005 9:26pm

A. I was reiterating some of what you said there, and looking back through the topic you didn't really say that exactly. Either that or I totally missed your post, prove me wrong.

B. Zynk being shoddy has already been adressed to a degree, and there's no reason for their not to be a shoddy robot. Robby has to be acitivated, and Adam's been hanging around in Metapha, but when you find Zynk he has just come from a battle even if he does have a rule about not fighting, he can still get banged up.

C. When I asked about theories I was asking other people who hadn't really put much of one out, especially as I don't have a real one yet myself.

Proof that knowing what you're talking about before accusing someone of not reading the topic is a good thing too.
weasels you pansy



uh...
weasels you pansy



uh...
Demonic Weasel

User avatar
Waterlord
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Nov 08 2004 10:44pm

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby mad_cat_42 » Sat Oct 01 2005 1:11am

Demonic Weasel) wrote:A. I was reiterating some of what you said there, and looking back through the topic you didn't really say that exactly. Either that or I totally missed your post, prove me wrong.

mad_cat_42) wrote:Now back to the topic at hand, I've seen robots with morality issues before. Perhaps the weight of all the living beings he killed, evil or not, finally got to him. As a robot he is effectively immortal until he is damaged beyond repair. As such, he has to live with the fact that he has killed or helped to kill numerous living beings. Since he really doesn't want anymore of that on his conscious, he programs himself for non-violence.

Also, I really hat eit when people state what other people already have. I do not need to read the same thing a hundred times. Also, the way you phrased it made it seem like you said that to answer my question (badly, to be frank) without reading my posts.

Demonc Weasel) wrote:B. Zynk being shoddy has already been adressed to a degree, and there's no reason for their not to be a shoddy robot. Robby has to be acitivated, and Adam's been hanging around in Metapha, but when you find Zynk he has just come from a battle even if he does have a rule about not fighting, he can still get banged up.

Adam, and Robbie are all creations of the Ancients quiaff? If so, why is Zynx still running around looking extremely primative when Adam and Robbie are at such a high tech level? At the very least, he should have been given an upgrade.

As for being in a battle, that's one of the reasons Adam could have ended up as Zynx. His self-repair mechanism is slow as hell, remember he still wasn't able to battle at the end of GFC. After being majorly damaged, even having some parts fall off in another battle, he could end up looking very bad. Without there being appropriate parts at that point in time, the best thing he can do is stick a shield on his head.

Demonic Weasel) wrote:C. When I asked about theories I was asking other people who hadn't really put much of one out, especially as I don't have a real one yet myself.

Again, the way you phrased it made it seem like you were talking to me. If you had said "Anybody else have some theories?", that would have been better.

Demonic Weasel) wrote:Proof that knowing what you're talking about before accusing someone of not reading the topic is a good thing too.

Proof that phrasing your comments correctly and not accusing other people of not knowing what their talking about when, in fact, they do is a good thing,
mad_cat_42

Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu Mar 17 2005 8:53pm
Location: This rampant chaos, your reality

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Demonic Weasel » Sun Oct 02 2005 1:43am

I may have overreacted a bit seeing that pratically every time I open my mouth on these forums somebody seems to jump down my throat. Now, where does it say that Adam has a self-repair system? I don't remember that, but I could be wrong. As for Zynk being shoddy, maybe he was a more experimental robot that was made, before the ancients knew how to make a snazzy one, but he still functioned fine, so they never saw a reason to upgrade him?
weasels you pansy



uh...
weasels you pansy



uh...
Demonic Weasel

User avatar
Waterlord
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Nov 08 2004 10:44pm

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Alpha » Sun Oct 02 2005 11:32am

Adam says it at the beggining of Final Conflict. Considering you're having problems running the patched version of the game, it's understandable that you hadn't realised that fact.
Alpha

User avatar
Echo Park
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 21570
Joined: Tue Jun 07 2005 5:03pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Dark Link » Sat Oct 15 2005 10:32pm

Meh. i think that they just live forever, or until killed or deactivated, like someone said. but as far as the 2 different ancients, it can' t be because of the 2 different continents, because the SF1 team started/lived in the SF2 world. wouldn't the ideas be swayed a little by being among other beliefs?
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
Dark Link

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1689
Joined: Wed Apr 13 2005 12:16am
Location: Aurora, Illinois

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Patrick » Sat Apr 08 2006 4:18am

Or perhaps... beyond all you're imaginations... there's another reason... maybe, just maybe the programmers thought something like this... "Hey, Jeff, why don't we make all those awesome Shining Force Series Fans in several years wonder about ths single topic for ages until they create their own delusional solutions?" "Yeah, Will, that'd be hilarious..." ...lolz, or maybe it's something else... :)
*Deep Thought*
*Deep Thought*
Patrick

Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Apr 01 2006 9:30pm

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Rancid Raptor » Sat May 06 2006 4:53am

I'm more intrested in the ancients that created them. I mean, could those poeple be that planet's (country, world, dimension) Atlantis? They could have a game that goes into more detail on the past ancients and thier technology.
---Whoever thinks of something good to put here do tell, As of the moment I am a bit perplexed.---
---Whoever thinks of something good to put here do tell, As of the moment I am a bit perplexed.---
Rancid Raptor

User avatar
Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Jan 25 2006 9:51am
Location: ........................

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Shining Bowie » Sat May 06 2006 12:18pm

Well I personally believe that although the ancient men (from which the atlantis myth comes) were smart with what they had they didn't know everything we know today.... but it is a video game here so it's possible that they knew alot more than the Shining Force 1 world.... they didn't seem that advanced....
I'm not just Bowie, I'm


SHINING BOWIE!!!!!!!!!

The difference is blinding!

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Stillwater Glenn Designs is now attending university and has quite given up on finishing Ties of Heart.
I'm not just Bowie, I'm


SHINING BOWIE!!!!!!!!!

The difference is blinding!

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Stillwater Glenn Designs is now attending university and has quite given up on finishing Ties of Heart.
Shining Bowie

Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Sep 18 2004 6:19pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Rancid Raptor » Mon May 08 2006 8:47pm

Yah, but they must of kept records that no one knows about. there has to be ruins somewere that has the history of thier time.
---Whoever thinks of something good to put here do tell, As of the moment I am a bit perplexed.---
---Whoever thinks of something good to put here do tell, As of the moment I am a bit perplexed.---
Rancid Raptor

User avatar
Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Jan 25 2006 9:51am
Location: ........................

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby PrinceZach » Tue May 30 2006 6:38am

U know after reading all the posts and opening my SF 2 save. Im curious to know why Zynk has a shield over his face, just what is it he is trying to hide from us hehe. I have read sites where people said no but no one really knows for sure. Yet Zynk could just be another robot from the past cuz there was chaos and Adam but then who would zynks master be? Im 50/50 its possible but it can be not possible.
I believe in the Path of Light but inside of me is a Path of Dark.
I believe in the Path of Light but inside of me is a Path of Dark.
PrinceZach

User avatar
Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 5:11pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby OllieB » Wed Jul 12 2006 3:11am

QUOTE (Trunks61 @ Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:14 am)
WARNING: SPOILER!


What happened to Adam after all the events went down? We can all assume Ian and Max eventually passed on due to old age, but Adam is ageless seeing as how he's a android. My main question was: Why wasn't he mentioned in SF2 or even possibly show up? Is there any story backup explaining what happened to him?

WARNING: SPOILER!
, but it obviously wasn't enough damage to destroy him or anything. Think he went to ANOTHER land (that hasn't been explored in any shining game to date yet) with Max and Ian? Or just eventually got destroyed?

Or the biggest stretch.... after time he got rebuilt and upgraded into Zynk. Hell, anything is possible.

Discuss your opinion.
adam is in SHining soul!
My youtube - Guitar solos and covers
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOllieB
-----------------------------------------------
You Killed General Fafhard...
You Bastard!
My youtube - Guitar solos and covers
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOllieB
-----------------------------------------------
You Killed General Fafhard...
You Bastard!
OllieB

Member
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jun 29 2006 3:08pm

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Wed Jul 12 2006 9:04am

OllieB @ Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:11 am) wrote: adam is in SHining soul!

Shining Soul's storyline is butchered and is supposed to happen 1000 years before Shining Force 1!
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

User avatar
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 6024
Joined: Sat Oct 29 2005 9:02am
Location: France

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby OllieB » Wed Jul 12 2006 5:22pm

wow, oddeye, you're damn good!
My youtube - Guitar solos and covers
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOllieB
-----------------------------------------------
You Killed General Fafhard...
You Bastard!
My youtube - Guitar solos and covers
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOllieB
-----------------------------------------------
You Killed General Fafhard...
You Bastard!
OllieB

Member
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jun 29 2006 3:08pm

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Alpha » Wed Jul 12 2006 8:20pm

OllieB @ Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:22 pm) wrote: wow, oddeye, you're damn good!

No. He isn't :p

It's just some well known information. SS is...well, I don't have an appropriate word that fits what's in my mind. But it's wrong, to say the least.
Alpha

User avatar
Echo Park
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 21570
Joined: Tue Jun 07 2005 5:03pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Swalchy » Thu Jul 13 2006 12:10am

Alpha @ Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:20 pm) wrote: No. He isn't :p

It's just some well known information. SS is...well, I don't have an appropriate word that fits what's in my mind. But it's wrong, to say the least.

...SS is utter bullcrap with some extra sheep excriment thrown in?

Does that more or less explain SS's storyline? :p
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.


Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.


Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 10249
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 5:16pm

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Thu Jul 13 2006 12:20am

yes
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

User avatar
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 6024
Joined: Sat Oct 29 2005 9:02am
Location: France

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby ShiningEdge » Tue Aug 08 2006 12:05pm

As for Adam, Zynk and Robbie.

Adam was apart of SF1 No shit right well being in SFC I dont know what really happened there but i assume that with whats mentioned that once Max and Ian died off that Adam would stay next to Max's grave. Maybe that would be what happened to him.

Zynk was from ancent time no shit but as for the renaming and new body stucture, it can't be a Adam type robot. If i remember right not a part on his body even looked the same to any of the Adam types.But maybe what happened to Zynk was a side note never ment to be heard in SF1 and SF:FC. The side note being that he might have been controled by devils near the end. Zynk did show emoution towards the Son in Rolf in SF2 and then kinda went crazy. Could it be possable that when Zynk was founded in SF2 that he had already fought with Carmilla before Bowie got there. Thus the battle damage, but then again Gyan would have been in that fight also. It does mention that they are "Survioer" so maybe there was a fight before bowie and group got there.

Robbie on the other hand i don't knowing anything about. Never played SF3

Shining Soul even though it was a total piece of Crap, it did give some information about Zeon and Dark Soul. but other then that...it was total Bullcrap
When the time comes to face those Odds, Know that you have me by your side.
When the time comes to face those Odds, Know that you have me by your side.
ShiningEdge

Member
Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006 12:55am

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Great Paladin » Tue Aug 29 2006 4:05pm

wow you say no shit alot
Great Paladin

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Aug 05 2006 7:57pm

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Oddeye's Soul » Mon Sep 25 2006 8:20pm

What about this for an idea about zynk. I've been looking at the in battle sprites for adam and zynk and there's one critical problem that makes it so that the adam=zynk scenario impossible. where the laser is. adam, in his promoted state, shoots the laser out of his left arm and punches with his right. Zynk also punches with his right, however, his laser comes out of his chest. So that at least denies adam being zynk. My belief is that Zynk is actually Chaos. Here are my reasons. One, one of Chaos's laser's, from looking at the battle sprite's again, comes out of his chest. A short beam comes from his arm orb and a longer one comes out of the orb where a heart would be. Two, and this is a small detail, the coloring of Chaos's eyes are much closer to that of Zynk's than Adam's are. Three, his arms. In Sega's sketches you see clearly that his hands are claws. Chaos's arms, including the one that held the pink globe were claws. Now I guess I need to figure out how it works with the story. Well, my theory is that when Chaos blew up/ faded (I don't remember which) instead of being gone his A.I enabled an emergency teleportation, being heavely damaged his systems enacted a repair function which put him on standby while being fixed. When he was turned back on his system rebooted, there by freeing him of the corruption. Not remembering much due to the rebot he goes back to his basic function of protecting human life.
Oddeye's Soul

Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 25 2006 3:10pm

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Great Paladin » Mon Sep 25 2006 11:59pm

wow, that's a good point
Great Paladin

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Aug 05 2006 7:57pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest