Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Eiku's Fortress

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Eiku's Fortress

Postby MXC » Tue Mar 07 2017 4:08am

Does anyone know where Eiku's Fortress is on Grans?

Battle 12 seems to take place where you find Sheela in SF2, battle 13 takes place right outside of Roft, and then you spend two battles out and in of Eiku's Fortress. Battle 16 then takes place where you fight the Prism Flowers in SF2. Assuming the Force continues traveling west, then south, it would seem that Eiku's Fortress is between the two mountain ranges heading to the Prism Flowers.

Is there any evidence that points otherwise?
MXC

Shining Legend

Re: Eiku's Fortress

Postby Lucifer » Thu Mar 09 2017 1:06am

I replayed that part of the story using some old save states and reviewed a map of SF2's overworld which led me to the same conclusion as you:

Battle 12 is definitely the same location as Sheela's Dojo and Battle 13 is not only visually similar but also confirmed through the dialogue to be the path to Roft. Although Battle 16 is far more dry and sandy than the Prism Flower battle, it is right before the Dwarven Town story-wise and the layout is exactly the same. The stronghold was said to have been built to keep the monsters from spreading too far, so it would've been massive making that stretch of land an ideal choke-point.

Although there is nothing in SF2 to suggest the presence of a fortress there either visually or through dialogue, there is no place Eiku's Fortress could've possibly been except for the stretch of land between those two mountain ranges.

Not that it matters, but here's the SF2 Overworld Map I referenced when researching this:
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/Genesis/ShiningForceII-World.png
Lucifer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Eiku's Fortress

Postby MXC » Thu Mar 09 2017 1:17am

Okay cool. I was wondering if there was something that I missed. I used that map as reference as well. The dev team did a great job connecting everything but that particular spot didn't tie together perfectly with SF2. It would have been cool if there was a small ruin there to explore in SF2 but that would have taken some foresight.
MXC

Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict