Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Muddle

Glitch?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Muddle

Postby Lucifer » Tue Jun 30 2015 8:00am

While fighting to enter Pacalon, I had cast Blaze 2 on a muddled Orc Lord. On his next turn, the confused Orc Lord cast Blaze 2 on his allies. In the same battle, a Priest cast Heal 2 on the same muddled Orc Lord and the confused Orc Lord cast Heal 2 on his next turn. This happened once more in the same battle on the same muddled Orc Lord when I tried to cast Dispel on a Dark Smoke and Dark Mage and it got caught in the cross-fires. On his next turn, the Orc Lord cast Dispel on his allies. Is this a major glitch, or an interesting side affect of the Muddle spell?
Lucifer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Muddle

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Tue Jun 30 2015 8:45am

I'd say this is an oversight. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this was intended either considering how chaotic muddle is in the first place.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Lucifer » Tue Jun 30 2015 7:57pm

Is the Muddle spell the same as it is in SF2: Muddle level 1 makes enemies less accurate and Muddle level 2 makes enemies attack themselves and their allies? If that's the case, then it would be important to note that I only used Muddle level 1 on that Orc Lord.
Lucifer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaladinTCO » Fri Jul 03 2015 2:02am

Just started a new game so i'll test it out

Edit: So i just tried it on my current battle (in a cave, dark smokes and oozes and stuff)
test 1: cast muddle on green ooze, ooze had turn, attacked ian. Hawel cast blaze 2 on ooze, ooze next turn attacked ian.

test 2: cynthia cast muddle on green ooze, hawel cast freeze 1 on ooze before ooze has a turn, ooze still attacked (paige this time)

Test 3/4: cast muddle on dark smoke (it has MP), hawel cast blaze/freeze on it (2 seperate attempts) before smoke acts, smoke melee'd Ian.

So no luck on my current battle/difficulty (which is the default one, don't know what it is as i just skipped past it. oops).

Will try it on orc lord later, when I'm on that battle. Note this is all muddle 1 (as OP stated was used)
SaladinTCO

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict