Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict: Final Conflict Sprite Fan Art

What would the characters look like nowadays?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Final Conflict Sprite Fan Art

Post by Caedmonball19 »

I thought it would be fun to see what the Final Conflict characters would look like if Sega were to make a new game. I decided to use 32 x 32 pixels. Please note I am not a professional pixel artist so I welcome anyone that wants to add to this thread or even change mine to look more like the character. I consider myself more of a Franken-Spriter :)
The Shining Force Band:

Ian:
Max:
Mead:
Hawel:
Paige:
Sonette:
Cynthia:
Kiddo:
Eric:
Knuckles:
Ruburan:
Ridion:
Sylvia:
Julia: (I need help with this one)
Morton:
Minto:
Kojirou:
Sasuke:
Oddeye:
Mishaela:
Eiku:
Lynx:
Magus:
Dark Dwarf:
Goblin:
Dark Mage:
Hunter Goblin:
Artillery:
Orc:
Giant Bat:
Wyrm:
Gizmo:
Smoke:
Dark Cleric:
Dark Knight:
Mudman:
Harpy:
Shaman:
Skeleton:
Hydra:
Bowrider:
Executioner:
Spoiler
Evil Max:
Gargoyle:
Witch:
Demon Statue:
Mishaela Doll:
Last edited by Caedmonball19 on Mon Nov 24 2014 9:39pm, edited 47 times in total.
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Final Conflict Sprite Fan Art

Post by Alpha »

Pretty cool!

As for adding more attachments; might need to upload the photos and link to them instead.
Lord Oddeye sama
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Post by Lord Oddeye sama »

Sweet indeed, but check this out for FC: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 25#p614595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, you could also wait until you're done with your own attempt so as to not get influenced. But essentially, there are already remade map sprites available courtesy of the mobile phone remakes of Gaiden 1, 2 and 3.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!
Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.
Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 51#p668069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Paige:
PaigeSFCArt.png
Sonette:
SonetteSFCArt.png
Hawel:
HawelSFCArt.png
Okay I will work on uploading and see if linking will work to add more to the original post. Feel free to make changes and resubmit where you think changes need to be made. I did know about the mobile resources but that wouldn't be fanart :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acsound
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by acsound »

Looks pretty cool, though Max's hair could be closer to Sonette's in color. (To be fair, Max's hair was brownish in FC.)
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Diego_Didakus »

Its very cool. Do the other charcacters, like kiddo.
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Is Max's hair too dark or is Sonette's hair too light?

Kiddo:
KiddoSFCArt.png
*Kiddo was done on a 42 x 42 scale in case someone wants to edit it.

Mishaela:
MishaelaSFCArt.png
Cynthia:
CynthiaSFCArt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Diego_Didakus »

Are you doing a fan game on rpg maker or something?
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

I wouldn't dare to try a fangame. It would just be shut down by Sega. Like I said in the post I thought it would be fun to do some pixel fan art and dream what a game could look like redone by Sega.

Eric:
EricSFCArt.png
Knuckles:
KnucklesSFCArt.png
Ruburan:
RuburanSFCArt.png
Lord Oddeye sama
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Post by Lord Oddeye sama »

These are all impressive resources so far. Keep it up. :)
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!
Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.
Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 51#p668069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Thanks Lord Oddeye. I am almost done uploading what I have come up with so far.

Ridion: (He needs work as Ridion is sort of squatty looking in his picture.
RidionSFCArt.png
Eiku:
EikuSFCArt.png
Lynx:
LynxSFCArt.png
whiterose
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by whiterose »

These are cute, Caed. .-. They have a sort of Shining Wisdom feel to them, lol. (...if Camelot hadn't been rushed to make the damn game, and actually had the time to make it how they wanted to, I'm sure. :I)

You did these completely from scratch, correct? Very impressive. :)
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

I wish I could claim to have done them all from scratch, but as I said in the first post I am a franken-spriter. I use a standard body (for most) and take parts off a few different sprites to make them and then do my recoloring. Some have required a lot of work while others I had good bases to work with.

EDIT:
I am working on a big edit for Ridion. I forgot how long it takes to redo sprites. Especially when you are a self taught newbie :)
whiterose
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by whiterose »

Ah. My bad about that, then. Guess I didn't catch where you said "franken sprite" or w/e.

And yes... spriting is fun to do, but yeeeah... definitely takes work to get something to look how you'd like. Believe me. >.>
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Here is the updated Ridion. He is more stout now and his hair and beard I think are closer to his picture. I also tried recoloring his gloves and shirt to better match. This one has enough edits to it that I think I can consider this my own creation :)
RidionSFCArt.png
Here is the first shot at Sylvia. Her hair took me a while and I still don't love it.
SylviaSFCArt.png
Okay so I am excited about the changes to Magus. His head shape, face coloring and outfit are a lot closer. I also tried to add a tail.
MagusSFCArt.png
Edit:
I need help with Julia. I like what I was able to do front facing but the side one is bad. I can't get the hair right that comes out the top of the helmet. The rear one I am not sure how to display that hair either.

Edit 2:
I added Minto to the top but without someone else posting I can't add as an attachment. Minto is a good start I think but may need some minor tweaks.

Edit 3:
Added Kojirou. I chose colors based off the loosely colored sketch art, which I don't love but otherwise didn't have anything to go off of.

Edit 4:
On a roll right now and added Sasuke to the first list.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

This is amazing!!! Keep up the good work :)
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Thanks Sacred. I am almost done with the initial character creations. I will go back through and adjust some of the outfits colors and such, but I feel pretty good on most of them. If anyone can help with Julia in particular I would appreciate it.

I might take a go at some of the enemies sprites now and see what damage I can do :)

Oddeye:
OddeyeSFCArt.png
Kojirou:
KojirouSFCArt.png
Sasuke:
SasukeSFCArt.png
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Diego_Didakus »

Very good work man. will do the normal enemies too?
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Alpha »

LOVE the Eric and Oddeye ones. The rest are very good too. Keep up the good work!
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Diego: Yeah I am going to take a look at the enemy minions and see what I can figure out. I think its going to be harder to do those, so it will take a long time to get through them.

Alpha: Thanks I am glad you like them. Oddeye was fun to work on and I tried to stay true to his character. In his battle sprite his cape was red on the inside and looked gray on the outside. It is hard though because his SF2 map sprite looked like it had blue hair while his portrait had purple. There are so many times that with the limited color palette they would make a major change like that.

EDIT:
Okay Diego here is the first enemy sprites just for you :)

Dark Dwarf:
DarkDwarfSFCArt.png
EDIT 2:
I thought this was going to be an easy one since I had a similar template but this one took me a long time to create.
Goblin:
GoblinSFCArt.png
Edit 3:
I had already had this one mostly done. It was a fairly straight forward one.
Dark Mage:
DarkMageSFCArt.png
Edit 4:
Running out of room again to post images so I added a Hunter Goblin to the first post. He took a while to do I was editing his clothing and gloves for a while and then realized I was covering them up with a bow afterwards anyways :) It was nice to have the goblin done already so I could use it as template to build around.

Edit 5:
First post updated with the Artillery. This is a tough one due to the fact you are trying to fit the machine and the man all in the sprite. I tried to use coloring from the battle sprite to stay true to the design. If you have any input on that one let me know and I'll try to make the changes. The enemies are getting harder to do already.

Edit 6:
First post updated with an Orc sprite. Again I loved how it turned out from the front, side views I'm not as thrilled about. Hard to capture how overweight he is with so little pixels, especially with such big heads on these sprites :)