Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Team Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict #11

Finished!!!

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Re: Team Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict #11

Postby Noma » Thu Mar 07 2013 9:24am

Sorry been busy with work. I'm going to try and do this right now.
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Sun Mar 10 2013 8:02am

Any news on this one Noma?
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Noma » Mon Mar 11 2013 3:31am

Still havent done it yet. It actually slipped my mind. Ill see if I can get it done tomorrow but if I dont, feel free to pass it on.
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Wed Mar 13 2013 8:50am

So any volunteer who wants to do the battle ?

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Noma » Thu Mar 14 2013 8:23pm

Managed to do this finally. Looks like no one was interested in taking it anyway.

Everyone is level 9. Might wanna buy some herbs since I needed them pretty badly in the battle and only a few people had some. Still managed to get through with no deaths though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Wed Mar 20 2013 12:51am

I don't see anything obvious in the starting threads, but I'll ask anyway: are we doing any challenges or have specific promo levels in mind?
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Spear God » Wed Mar 20 2013 2:33am

It's a normal playtrough without challenge and we haven't discussed yet about promotion, I think you can do what you want Alec! :)
Spear God

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby zexxar » Wed Mar 20 2013 7:59am

Spear God wrote:It's a normal playtrough without challenge and we haven't discussed yet about promotion, I think you can do what you want Alec! :)

Yep it's just as Spear said, nothing special and we just promote when we feel like doing it :)

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Fri Mar 22 2013 3:36pm

Hope to get to it tonight.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Fri Mar 22 2013 3:38pm

OK, good luck!

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Sat Mar 23 2013 6:54pm

Completed with no casualties. Nothing too much to say about this battle, really. Always have to watch out for the mages and the gizmo-smokes as the fighting clumps up around the bridge. Only got blaze 2'd on more than one Force member once, so it worked out well. Some of the level ups were not bad either. I was surprised at how little damage Ian was inflicting though, such that I'd suggest we power wine him up.

Sonette level 10: 1/0/1/1/0
Knuckles level 10: 2/1/2/1/1
Hawel level 10: 1/1/1/1/0
Mead level 10: 2/0/1/2/1
Ruburan level 10: 2/0/1/2/1
Sonette level 11: 1/0/1/1/0
Kiddo level 10: 2/0/2/2/0
Paige level 10: 2/0/2/1/1
Cynthia level 10: 1/1(!)/2/1/1
Ian level 10: 2/1/2/2/1

Link: http://alphaalec.com/sfc/teamfc/team-fc11-end8.srm
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Noma » Sat Mar 23 2013 7:51pm

Alpha wrote:I was surprised at how little damage Ian was inflicting though, such that I'd suggest we power wine him up.

I felt the same way. I've only played FC a few times and figured maybe he'd get a weapon upgrade soon and that would fix the problem, but he was taking only 2-3 out of a few enemies which I found odd.
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Spear God » Mon Mar 25 2013 11:14am

Pre-battle phase
Bought new weapons for everybody and some healing items too. I decided to promote everyone (don't hurt me) excepted Sylvia and Julia who joined at LV 9
Alpha wrote:I was surprised at how little damage Ian was inflicting though, such that I'd suggest we power wine him up.

Even with a Long sword equipped Ian is the fighter with the worst attack! So I followed Alpha's advice. Power Wine used on Ian --> +4 AT! :) His attack is now the same as Ruburan and Sonette.
Gave Mead spear to Sylvia to increase her chance to level up.

Battle phase
No troubles excepted my computer who decided to complicate my life and froze when the battle was almost done! :damnit: So I had to re-do it...Ian played the human shield during the whole battle, he was attacked 13 times for a total amount of 14 damages (the hobgoblin was the more powerful attacker and did 2 damages in one attack). Like during my previous battle in this team game, Paige decided to take a nap after a Bat attack...and woke up after 5 turns!!! The Shining Force was in good shape and did 9 Criticals for some unexpected kills. The AI missed 2 times the "attack" button and moved an enemy next a character to did nothing...
I know Alpha like Levels up:
Julia-->LV 10: HP+2, AT+2, DF+2, AG+1
Sylvia-->LV 10: HP+1, AT+2, DF+2, AG+1
Ruburan-->LV 2: HP+1, MP+3, AT+3, AG+1 and learned Katon
Hawel-->LV 2: HP+2, MP+2, AT+1, AG+1
Cynthia-->LV 2: HP+1, MP +1, AT+1, DF+1, AG+1, Heal is now LV3
Kiddo-->LV 2: AT+1, DF+2, AG+1
Ian-->LV 2: HP+2, MP+1, AT+2, DF+1, AG+1
Mead-->LV 2: HP+1, DF+3, AG+1
Knuckles, Sonette and Paige (who overslept) needs one kill to be LV2

Knuckles and Cynthia has empty hands and our party carry too much of those useless Antidotes...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spear God

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Alpha » Tue Mar 26 2013 5:47am

Nicely done. Glad to see Ian's attack increased nicely.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Tue Mar 26 2013 10:05am

I promoted Sylvia and Julia and then went right into battle.
Sylvia got the Quick Ring.
Ian had the Steelsword I found and now he hits like a truck and even OHKO'd a priest with a critical attack.
Sonette already has the Robin Arrow equipped.
Julia was the only one who was still level 1 at the end of the battle.
Last edited by zexxar on Tue Mar 26 2013 7:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Tue Mar 26 2013 3:56pm

From zero to hero, almost literally.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Demonic Weasel » Wed Mar 27 2013 8:48pm

So the Magus is dead. If he wasn't one of the very ugliest SF villains I might feel slightly sorry for him being an incompetent fool who nonetheless gets handed a lot of raw deals. Julia got stupidly killed which has tarnished my otherwise perfect record thus far, but, what the hell, right?

Everyone is level 3 or 4, mostly 3 and the battle itself wasn't too rough. There were a couple of tight spots aided by double attacks, but everything else went fine. Except for Julia. But I never liked her anyway.
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby Noma » Thu Mar 28 2013 7:01pm

I will try to do this today, but if not, I have off tomorrow so I'll do it then.
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Thu Mar 28 2013 7:27pm

Just do it when you got the time we're in no hurry :)
Anyway good luck.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Noma » Sat Apr 13 2013 10:36pm

Sorry for the long wait.

This battle was easy. Most enemies didn't take more than 3-4 out of any characters. Everyone seems to go after Ian and take 1. Even the casters just used physical attacks.

Got the Shield Ring with Eric and gave it to Hawel since he had the lowest defence besides Cynthia. I noticed Kiddo had the Battle Axe so I gave that to our resident GLDT. I don't remember who had the Power Spear, but I gave that to Mead since he's a bit weaker than Sylvia attack wise.

After the battle I dumped Cynthia for Morton. I was considering dropping someone for Minto, but everyone is pretty good so it would just have been a matter of personal taste cause I prefer casters. So I left her out.
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict