Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Team Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict #6

FINISHED !!!

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Re: Team Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict #6

Postby Earl » Fri Feb 18 2011 5:56am

Looking ahead, I have a couple questions about Battle 19:

1) Would anyone have a problem with me recruiting Kojirou, and egressing to put him in the party IF I recruit him without gaining any XP? Don't know what levels will be like by then, so I don't know if I'll want to do that but I want to know my options.

2) Since this is the battle with the MP restoring balls, I can theoretically get Cynthia to level 99. I don't actually plan to, but I'm curious if people expect that kind of abuse or if it's frowned upon.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Fri Feb 18 2011 9:14am

1) I wouldn't mind if you get Kojirou if you get him without earning XP. I wouldn't even mind if you should gain a few if the character you send get attacked and counters.

2) I think if you use it to heal someone who got damaged then it's no problem, but if you just wait and spam Aura on chracters with full HP that would be an abuse I personally wouldn't like to see in a team game.

If Dark Link doesn't get his battle done during the next day I guess I pass it to a reserve to keep this going.

Edit: Since I haven't heard anything from Dark Link I informed our reserves about the battle.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Sat Feb 19 2011 10:54pm

Aw, still not my turn yet? Tomorrow would have been a good day for me to do it. Ah well. Good luck on the nasty desert battle, whoever picks it up!
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Mon Feb 21 2011 9:34am

Since Lord Oddey wanted to leave it to Shining Sol, because he already did a battle, but I didn't heard anything from Shining Sol (although he was online), I just say free for all. So anyone who would like to do the battle can claim it.

If no one clamied it till wednesday when I get home from work (5 pm CET) I wil do it.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Earl » Tue Feb 22 2011 9:08am

zexxar wrote:2) I think if you use it to heal someone who got damaged then it's no problem, but if you just wait and spam Aura on chracters with full HP that would be an abuse I personally wouldn't like to see in a team game.

By the time the battle comes up, I kind of expect her to still be dragging ass. What I had in mind was just getting her level on par with everyone else's, auraspamming if soft targets weren't enough to get her there. Although I guess I could park her next to an enemy healer to tie them up healing themselves turn after turn. That seems like a slightly more legit-sounding scam.

I was hoping to do something similar with all of the magic users at that point, assuming their levels had fallen significantly behind the rest of the force. Hate to see characters getting shelved out of disuse.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Wed Feb 23 2011 1:13am

Nobody dead. I got Sasuke and egressed to put him in instead of Julia.
everybody except Sasuke got at least one level
Cynthia is like less than 5 exp from lv 19
Elder died :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Klepto » Wed Feb 23 2011 2:10am

I'll try to get this done Thursday but, if not, I'll have time during the day on Friday. Sound good?
Klepto

Browncoat
Shining Hero

Postby zexxar » Wed Feb 23 2011 8:09am

Thanks alot for doing the battle ehow, but shame on you for letting the Elder die :jk:

@Klepto: That sounds good.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Wed Feb 23 2011 8:34am

Eh, I was hoping to kill the guy myself :shifty:
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Wed Feb 23 2011 9:55am

But if you would have killed the Elder, poor Adam would have been zapped :shock:

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Wed Feb 23 2011 11:10am

Certain Sacrifices must be made for the Greater erm...Good.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Wed Feb 23 2011 1:33pm

:lol:

But that pile of metal already sacrificed himself once I guess that enough for him :)

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Fri Feb 25 2011 4:44pm

He can't be repaired, so I see no other use for him...
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Klepto » Sat Feb 26 2011 3:22am

Battle done. Don't have the energy to write a report tonight, sorry. No deaths, and I think everyone got at least one level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Klepto

Browncoat
Shining Hero

Postby zexxar » Sat Feb 26 2011 10:08am

OK, at least we can continue this :)

@ ehow: I wouldn't say he's useless because he only said he won't be able to fight, so I would guess he can still do easier things like cleaning, cooking, repairing, ... :lol:

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Wed Mar 02 2011 9:49pm

Sylvia gave Ian the Counter Sword(he's almost as powerful as Eric now!). Sonette gave Sasuke the Shield Ring. Kiddo used the Running Pimiento on Minto. Minto passed out Healing Seeds. And off we go!

I could make some funny dialogue for this scene, but I really don't think I could do any better than the actual dialogue. Time to kick devil butt.

Ruburan, Minto, Sonette, and Kiddo move into position on the left side of the battlefield. Ian carefully approaches the right side, but a High Witch unexpectedly runs across the battlefield to hit him with Freeze level 3. "I'll get her!" Eric snarls.

"No!" Ian cries. "There's a Brass Gunner lying in wait there, Eric; don't make your move until he does! Sasuke, Knuckles, and Mead can deal with the witch."

Eric reluctantly agrees, stopping his flight just outside the Brass Gunner's reach. Sasuke moves and does 16 damage to the High Witch. The Brass Gunner and his Stone Golem partner make their move, doing some minor damage to Paige and Sasuke. Practically drooling, Ian exclaims, "Perfect! The three of them have put themselves in the perfect arrangement to get hit by a multi-target spell!"

"Yeah, wonderful," Paige mutters, struggling to remove the Brass Gunner's dart from his heinie.

The two Stone Golems on the other side set themselves up to get hit by Sasuke with Katon level 3. Kiddo finishes one of them.

Ian uses Bolt 1 on the Brass Gunner and High Witch(too risky to position him to hit all three with the spell) and hits level 10!
HP +2, MP +1, ATT +1, DEF +2, AGI +1

Despite his careful positioning, the Arch Knight manages to advance and attack Ian. Meanwhile, a skeleton that Sonette took a failed shot at attacks her back, and a Cannon Knight hits Minto hard. Minto shows the three foes a little Bolt level 2, finishing the other Stone Golem.

The High Witch moves AGAIN, once more hitting Ian with Freeze level 3. Ian, down to 2 HP, is spitting up blood through chattering teeth. Luckily it's Sasuke's turn next, and they're all still in great position for a Raijin level 1 spell. Three targets hit, the High Witch and Golem both bite the dust, and Sasuke hits level 8!
HP +2, MP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1 (Sasuke, I take back every mean thing I've ever said about you!)

Eric moans, "Now can I attack? Please?"

"Yes, for the love of Volcanon! Before the golem finishes me!"

Eric kills the Stone Golem. Paige then reaches level 9 by injuring the Arch Knight.
HP +2, ATT +1, DEF +3, AGI +1

Seeing the trouble Minto is in, Cynthia restores her with a healing seed. Sonette calls out for a little help for herself, being surrounded by enemies, unable to even move. Since things are under control on his side of the battlefield, Ian sends Mead to her aid. He rushes all the way over to finish the Skeleton and reaches level 8.
HP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1

Knuckles gives Ian a little healing action. Ruburan uses Katon level 3 on the Arch and Cannon Knights, and Kiddo finishes the cannon one. Sylvia and Sonette team up to take out the Harpy Queen, with Sylvia grabbing the Power Ring and level 9!
HP +2, ATT +1, DEF +1, AGI +1

A Cannon Knight ran out to snipe Eric but missed. He and Paige gave the guy a beating in return, with Eric reaching level 11.
HP +2, ATT +1, DEF +2

Cynthia uses Aura to heal herself and the other two injured girls. Knuckles continues to heal Ian and hits level 9.
HP +1, MP +1, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1

That Cannon Knight manages to move again and attack Sasuke, but he strikes back and kills it to reach level 9.
HP +2, MP +3, ATT +2, DEF +3, AGI +1, Katon level 3 (Despite that truly amazing level-up, only his Defense is anywhere near as good as Ruburan's.)

Minto heads down to the chest and opens it for... the Kaiser Knuckles. "Wow, these couldn't possibly be any further from my size."

Stupidly, Ian sends Paige to move from his spot and attack the Arch Knight, forgetting that he's the only thing standing in the way of the injured Sasuke. (Doubly stupid, because I had thought of healing Sasuke instead of Ian earlier and passed on it.) As soon as Paige gets his hit, the Arch Knight moves and kills Sasuke. :damnit: Eric and Mead take revenge, allowing Eric to hit level 9.
HP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1

We sneak up to the second-to-last wave. A Cannon Knight hits Sonette, while the Arch Knight and Harpy Queen go for Ian and Paige on the other side; Paige is poisoned. Cynthia heals Sonette and makes level 20.
HP +1, ATT +2, DEF +1, Aura level 2 (Yep, no more MP.)

Paige and Mead take care of the Arch Knight, while Knuckles and Sonette handle the Harpy Queen. With that taken care of, Mead feeds Paige an antidote, and the reunited group heads down for the final showdown.

The last three enemies move, but only the Skeleton manages an attack(on Mead). Minto, trying to save her dwindling MP, uses Freeze level 1 on him. In a stunning display of agility, Mead gallops around the flames to hit the Skeleton from the other side. Sylvia and Eric swoop in to attack(and finish) the High Witch standing at the back. Knuckles moves in and almost finishes the Skeleton. Ian and Sonette handle the priest. Minto's turn comes again, and she uses Bolt level 1 to end the battle, scoring level 9 in the process.
HP +1, MP +1, DEF +1, AGI +1

Casualties: Sasuke
Characters who missed out on level-ups: Ruburan, Kiddo, Sonette

Yep, only one of those last three enemies ever got to attack. All in all, not too shabby. I'm just rather frustrated with myself for forgetting my strategy for protecting Sasuke and making that utterly stupid move with Paige. If not for that, it would have been a flawless victory.

Rest time in town. Revived Sasuke. Promoted Cynthia(it was okay to do that now, right? :sweatdrop: ). Gave Kaiser Knuckles to Knuckles(but did not equip them). Equipped Chaos Breaker on Ian(but did not give it to him). Gave Counter Sword to Eric AND equipped it. Left Power Ring for Earl to decide on. Sold Broad Swords. Upgraded everyone's weapons at the store(except Ian, Mead, Eric, and Minto). Stocked up on healing seeds, handing some reserve stock to our inactive party members.

Sram download link

That's it. Sorry it took me longer than it should have to get this one done. Hopefully the detailed report somewhat compensates for that.
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Wed Mar 02 2011 10:11pm

Well done. And as always, great work with that report. :thumbsup:

Now it's Earl's turn.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Mon Mar 07 2011 10:06pm

Where's earl? o.O
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Tue Mar 08 2011 7:49am

I've got an PM from him 2 days ago that he is half through the battle, I ask how long he wil need to finish it.

Edit: He said battle will be done today and state will be posted "Probably around 2:00 AM Eastern time, March 9"

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Earl » Wed Mar 09 2011 5:03am

A quick look at the force tells me I won't have to fetch Kojirou; he's level 10, and I have plenty below that line. Swap out Eric for Julia, Kiddo for Hawel, Ruburan for Morton, and Sonette for Ridion. Running Ring goes to Sasuke, Shield Ring to Juila, Quick Ring to Knuckles, Power Ring to Morton, and Juila gets Kiddo's Critical Sword. And we're off!

Heading southwest to engage the first enemy cluster. Since we've got the balls working for us and every healer in the active Force, I'm not being very cautious. Ian takes a beating, and Knuckles gains his 10th level healing him (HP +2, MP +1, ATT +2, DEF +2).

Hawel gains his 7th Level Blazing a witch into oblivion (+1 to everything). Minto defeats a Skull Warrior with Bolt. Knuckles defeats the priest with the Demon Rod, but unfortunately he had his hands full.

Mead hits Level 10 attacking a Skull Warrior (HP +1, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1), and Ian gets to Level 11 finishing off that same enemy (HP +2 MP +1, ATT +1, DEF +1). Sylvia attains her 10th Level attacking a priest (HP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1). Minto Bolt 2s a few enemies for her 10th Level (HP +2, MP +1, ATT +1, DEF +2, AGI +1, learned Desoul 2).

Knuckles defeats a lesser demon. Julia defeats the high witch with the Evil Ring, picks it up, and gains her 7th Level (HP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1). Ridion chops down a high witch. Hawel Freezes a lesser demon to death. Knuckles hits Level 11 healing himself up from 1 HP (HP +1, ATT +1, DEF +1, AGI +1). Morton gains his 7th Level healing Hawel (HP +1, MP +2, ATT +1, DEF +2, learned Muddle 2). Julia kills the last priest of the group.

Paige gains his 10th Level hammering on a Shaman (HP +2, ATT +1, DEF +2, AGI +1). Cynthia hits Level 2 healing a group of wounded (HP +1, ATT +1, AGI +1). Hawel Balzes the Shaman for his 8th Level (HP +2, MP +1, ATT +1, DEF +1, AGI +1). Hawel finishes off the Shaman, and then it's time for a spell of healing and MP recovery. Cynthia's MP had really run down because we kept needing Aura... And because there's no rush at this point, and she's at such a low level, I have her do all the nescessary healing with Heal because it's more economical XP-wise. During this time, I have Juila use her Shield Ring because she only needed a few XP to reach Level 8 (HP +2, ATT +2, DEF +1). Cynthia becomes Level 3 (HP +2, MP +1, ATT +1, DEF +1, AGI +1).

Start heading east to get Kojirou, and the next group of three enemies begin marching toward us. I seperate the Force into those Level 10 and above, who remain in the rear, and those below who take the aggressive posture. Morton gains his 8th Level attacking a witch (HP +1, MP +2, ATT +1, DEF +2, AGI +1), and Hawel gets his 9th killing her (+1 to everything, and learned Attack). Julia takes out the Skull Warrior. Morton kills the demon, and then it's time for healing. Cynthia becomes Level 4 (HP +1, MP +1, ATT +1, AGI +1). Then we head for Kojirou again, which really seems to annoy the remaining demons. Sasuke gets his 10th Level attacking one (HP +2, MP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1), and Morton ddefeats it for his 9th (HP +1, MP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2, AGI +1, learned Heal 3). Julia gains her 9th attacking the last demon (HP +2, ATT +2, DEF +1, AGI +1), and Hawel ultimately defeats it.

Next up, the last couple witches are getting frisky, and Julia finally recruits Kojirou. When she rejoins the underlevel set, Cynthia heals her and gets her 5th Level (HP +1, ATT +1, DEF +1). Ridion kills a witch for his 10th Level (HP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2). Morton kills the last witch for his 10th Level (HP +1, MP +2, ATT +2, DEF +2). And we're down to the Doll and a couple Shamen. Shamans? Anyway, at this point there are only 3 remaining under Level 10, so I'll only sit out the two Level 11s (Ian and Knuckles).

Cynthia gains her 6th Level from an Aura after the Doll's first bolt (HP +1, MP +2, ATT +1, DEF +2, AGI +1). An Attack-boosted Sasuke assassinates one of the Shaman, while Minto finishes the other with a good Bolting. With the Doll's HP down to 4, Julia's turn comes up. I opt to have her use the Shield Ring so that Hawel can kill the Doll and they can *both* reach Level 10.

Julia Level 10 (HP +2, ATT +2, DEF +1, AGI +1).
Hawel Level 10 (HP +1, MP +1, ATT +1, DEF +2, AGI +1).

I'd like to note that Cynthia, equipped with the Protect Staff, now has a higher attack than Mead who is 5 Levels above her. 20 promotion sure is nice.

Everyone gained at least one level, with Knuckles gaining 2, Morton, Hawel, and Julia gaining 4, and Cynthia gaining 5.
Morton (HP +4, MP +8, ATT +6, DEF +8, AGI +2)
Cynthia (HP +6, MP +4, ATT +5, DEF +4, AGI +4)
Julia (HP +8, ATT +8, DEF +5, AGI +3)
Hawel (HP +5, MP +4, ATT +4, DEF +5, AGI +4)

Also, sorry for the delay.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict