Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Hidden Characters

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Hidden Characters

Postby Sinful Force » Sun Nov 21 2010 6:24am

Not to long after I beat this game I noticed at Wolfgangs site that there are 2 hidden characters in this game. It really surprised me that I didn't think of there being any in the first place. Anybody else think about there being any hidden characters and/or did you find any of them?

Other then that, my quick wandering eyes accidentally read to much off one site of this game and kinda revealed the Battle# of the first hidden character (kinda sucks that this happened).

I'm really curious as to what classes these characters are? Probably most likely recylced classes, since I don't see as many shared palletes as in the other Gaiden games yet for the available characters in FC... Or recycled pallete out different class still? All I know about them is their Face Portraits, and something tells me one is a Centaur... Maybe even both? Hope not both. >_<

Now I'm all pysched to play this again next and find out this mystery first hand. Since after I'm done Gaiden 2 I may start FC right away?
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Hidden Characters

Postby Alpha » Sun Nov 21 2010 9:25am

One's a ninja, like Ruburan. The other's a samurai. So one's a recycled class, the other one is unique.

In my first playthrough, I managed to find them both....by accident :)
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Earl » Sun Nov 21 2010 10:41am

Way back when I first played this -- when there was no translation -- I kinda figured they'd hide characters somewhere. After all, they did in the other Gaidens/CD. When I searched the net, I don't remember reading the exact locations but I did get the battle numbers and that was enough.
Knowing is only half the battle.
So you still lose.
Knowing is only half the battle.
So you still lose.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Tue Nov 23 2010 11:24pm

I found Sasuke in my first playthrough, which was exciting since I missed all four hidden characters in my first run of Shining Force CD. Sadly, I found him subpar and couldn't justify keeping him in the active party for the final battles. This was rather disappointing since it's rare that I find a hidden character without the aid of a walkthrough. (Though I did manage to find Laura, the only hidden character in the first RPG I ever played, without outside help. Can't take much credit for that, though, as I accomplished the hardest part of finding her by panicking at the sight of a monster and running into a pit trap. :) )
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict