Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Hiroyuki Takahashi's role in FC?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Hiroyuki Takahashi's role in FC?

Postby Stylee » Thu Jun 10 2010 11:59pm

I was surprised to not see Hiroyuki Takahashi's name in the production credits for this game. I think it's the only Camelot shining game in which his name is not included in the credits?

So, was he not involved in this game at all?
If so, any reason why?
Stylee

Re: Hiroyuki Takahashi's role in FC?

Postby Martin III » Mon Jun 14 2010 2:13am

Very good question! I don't know how I didn't notice this before.

I'm afraid I have no true answer for you, but the most likely explanation is that he was busy with Shining Wisdom. Final Conflict was released almost simultaneously with Shining Wisdom, so Camelot was probably developing the two games at the same time. Also, note that Shugo Takahashi's name is not in the credits for Shining Wisdom, whereas Hiroyuki's name is all over it. Perhaps they decided it would be better for each game to have the sole attention of one Takahashi brother, rather than have both of them juggling work on two different games.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Stylee » Mon Jun 14 2010 4:36pm

Ah, that is plausible. This was indeed the only time they released two shining games at almost the same time. And the formula was already set for Gaiden 3 whereas Wisdom was something new for the series. (btw, SF2 was pretty close to Gaiden 2, 4 months)

Shining Wisdom always felt a bit rushed through for me (still like it though). Perhaps because it was urgent to release a shining rpg for the early Sega Saturn. Ah well, they took longer time with StHA (one and a half year between releases) & SF3 (one year).
Stylee

Postby Martin III » Mon Jun 14 2010 11:40pm

I don't know if the game as a whole was rushed(in fact, personally I suspect that it wasn't), but according to the recent "The History of Shining Force" article, Shining Wisdom was originally designed for the Mega Drive and adapted for the Saturn at the last minute. So at least that much of your theory holds true.

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict