Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Music?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Music?

Postby Greater Darksol » Tue Jun 09 2009 11:47am

Thanks to a helpful link provided by another user, I was able to find exactly what I was looking for in the picture department.

...But now... I want the music. Does anybody know of ANYWHERE on the internet where I could listen to the soundtrack to this game? I loved it; and I could honestly listen to the themes for HOURS on end.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Music?

Postby Martin III » Wed Jun 10 2009 12:29am

Isn't FC's soundtrack just low-grade remixes of the SF2 soundtrack? You might have better luck searching for SF2's soundtrack than Final Conflict's.

There's a version of SF2's soundtrack here. Sadly the tracks ripped right from the game don't work anymore, but the SF2 Symphonic Suite does.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Wed Jun 10 2009 5:14pm

Martin III @ Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:29 am) wrote:Isn't FC's soundtrack just low-grade remixes of the SF2 soundtrack?

Some tracks are, but some others are exclusive to this game. I don't know of a place to find the complete soundtrack... other than in the game itself, through the soundtest features. Two methods:

1. Just hold Start and Up at the same time before loading any game and you'll get there. That's if you've completed the game at least once.

2. [Up Down Up 1 2 (or is it 2 1...) Right Left] twice at the Sega logo. You hear a noise if you did it right. Load or start a game and instead you're sent to a debug menu where you can find a soundtest option. Same thing as above without the track names.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Greater Darksol » Wed Jun 10 2009 11:08pm

@ Martin III:
I liked the music better in FC than SF2. I'm not sure why, but I didn't much care for the better sounding versions in SF2.

@ Lord Oddeye
I figured it out, and I got it! Thanks a million! This is perfect.

Postby Martin III » Thu Jun 11 2009 2:03am

Lord Oddeye @ Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:14 pm) wrote: Some tracks are, but some others are exclusive to this game.

Ah, okay. I guess whenever I heard something different, I just assumed that I didn't recognize it due to a combination of forgetfulness and the timbrel differences in the remix. Good to know.

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Hendricks266 » Fri Jul 10 2009 2:58am

I am almost finished with a VGM rip of Final Conflict. I just need to install East Asian language support and input the Japanese info, and have it reviewed by SMS Power.
Hendricks266

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict