Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Team SFG: Final Conflict #5

Lynx - zexxar

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Re: Team SFG: Final Conflict #5

Postby Martin III » Tue May 11 2010 2:30am

Got it done. Sorry for the delay; I was having trouble with the configuration of saved games in Gens+.

Have to run right now, so no time to post my full report and the screen shots. Will try to get that done tomorrow.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Wed May 12 2010 2:36am

No worries, mate. Thanks! And more thanks to all, not just for supporting Final Conflict, but for rejuvenating the game too.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Shining_Sol » Wed May 12 2010 4:11am

Don't worry. It was all me.

We should get another one going again some time soon. Maybe finish that one in a reasonable amount of time. Haha.

We could even throw some stipulation on it as well.
Solby @ Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 am wrote:Red Baron pizzas have a picture of a plane on them. That's kind of like flying junk food.
Solby @ Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 am wrote:Red Baron pizzas have a picture of a plane on them. That's kind of like flying junk food.
Shining_Sol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Wed May 12 2010 5:22am

You can most likely count me in, but we'll have to see :lol:
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Wed May 12 2010 11:35am

I would also definetly participate in a new Team :)
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Thu May 13 2010 6:05am

Well, I'll leave it a little while, but I'll probably post sign ups soonish.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Fri May 14 2010 11:43pm

Finally figured out how to post images here.

Ian ordered his troops into position, but underestimated the reach of Darksol's spells. Darksol hit both Ian and Julia with a Freeze level 3 spell from his right hand.

The Shining Force quickly rallied, however, and while Cynthia undid the damage with Aura level 1, Silvia struck the first blow for the good guys, doing 27 points of damage to Darksol's left hand. When Max approached, Darksol sliced off his hand and taunted him:

Darksol: No, Max. I merely transported him to an island paradise where he would no longer threaten my plans.
Max: Really? Wow, that's -
Darksol: The island is just south of the continent of... Psych!

Enraged, Max struck Darksol's left hand, doing 27 damage. Darksol countered with a critical! for... 7 damage.

Max: Wow, I'm stronger than a King-Kong-sized Devil King. Who knew.

While Minto and Paige got to work on Darksol's right hand, Sonette and Ruburan joined in the onslaught on his left, doing 36 and 37 points of damage. Darksol struck back with the only attack his left hand would get, a Bolt level 2 on Sonette, Max, and Odd Eye. Silvia kept up the work, doing another 28 damage.

Darksol nailed Paige and Minto with Freeze level 3 this time, but once again, Cynthia's Aura level 1 promptly saved the day. Deciding the right hand is low priority, Ian ordered Minto to switch to the left hand. She did, scoring another 9 damage with Freeze level 1, and Eric swooped in to help, reducing Darksol's left hand to 1 HP. Max finished the job and leveled up to level 13!

HP, MP, ATT, DEF, and AGI all +1

Kiddo attacked the back of Darksol's right hand for 30 damage, which Darksol critical countered for 6 damage. Yawn. Mead and Paige hopped in for a combined 58 damage. The head finally managed to get a Demon Breath in on Paige and Kiddo, which Julia promptly healed, unfortunately cracking the White Ring.

Kiddo's still wasn't in great shape, though, so as Silvia struck the right hand, Ian had her position herself next to Paige to distract Darksol from Kiddo. Cynthia did a Heal level 2, and Darksol's right hand feebly attacked Paige for 5 damage. Minto and Kiddo attacked again to finish the right hand.

Max: Now we both... got our paddles... bollixed.*

Darksol then nailed Kiddo and Cynthia with Demon Breath. Cynthia cleaned up with Aura level 2 and reached level 14!

HP +1, MP +2, DEF +2, Blast level 3 (Not bad, actually.)

The rest is pretty routine... Sent in guys three of four at a time, retreating when necessary(even with the Mystery Staff equipped, Cynthia's MP had already dwindled to the point where she could not cast Aura level 1). Here are a couple screen shots from near the end.

To be absolutely sure of victory, once I got Darksol down to 2 HP, I had Ruburan finish him with Katon level 1. Here's the final sequence:

And in case any of you failed to notice: No deaths! Huzzah! :excited: ...Yeah, I know beating the easiest final boss in the whole Shining series with no deaths is a meager accomplishment next to beating the Mishaela/statues battle with no deaths, but let me have my warm glowy feeling.

*A whole batch of chocolate chip cookies to whoever gets that reference!

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Fri May 14 2010 11:53pm

I wouldn't say Darksol is the easiest. I actually find Zeon and Dark Dragon easier. Still, congrats on no deaths! And on the great report! Beats the short, barely-a-paragraph the other guys did >_>

Good one, Martin!
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Sat May 15 2010 3:44am

Alpha @ Fri May 14, 2010 6:53 pm) wrote: I wouldn't say Darksol is the easiest. I actually find Zeon and Dark Dragon easier. Still, congrats on no deaths! And on the great report! Beats the short, barely-a-paragraph the other guys did >_>

I'm lazy, always have been, always will be.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Mon May 17 2010 12:58am

Alpha @ Fri May 14, 2010 11:53 pm) wrote: I wouldn't say Darksol is the easiest. I actually find Zeon and Dark Dragon easier.

What!? :eyebrow: How? Zeon's head alone takes as long to bring down as all of Darksol's body parts, has fewer spots you can attack him from, and uses Demon Breath exclusively(whereas Darksol's hands can only cast lesser spells). Plus his battlefield is chock-full of some of the toughest common enemies in the series. And Dark Dragon is basically the same deal as Darksol except he has Armed Skeletons to help him out. Granted, it's a LOT easier to get past the pre-Dark Dragon battle with all your party members still standing than it is to do the same with the pre-Darksol battle, but still...

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Mon May 17 2010 2:10am

You have actual competent healers in SF1 and 2, a big advantage. Also, in SF2 you have a lot more magical firepower. Sorcerer spells in particular. And I tend to clear out all Zeon's minions before going after him. Dark Dragon you can take out the skeletons easily enough, then gang up on each head, one by one.

Cynthia sucks, basically.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Wed May 19 2010 6:27am

Which is why you have Morton and Knuckles...I know Cynthia gets Aura and all that...but with her MP it's just not the appealing.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Wed May 19 2010 6:44am

ehow22 @ Tue May 18, 2010 10:27 pm) wrote: Which is why you have Morton and Knuckles...I know Cynthia gets Aura and all that...but with her MP it's just not the appealing.

Yet they were left out this team game, to my disappointment.

Ah well. Continue on...
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Wed May 19 2010 6:53am

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself....knuckles was in my battles but I guess he was taken out.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Wed May 19 2010 8:54am

Sorry, I just had to try without healers.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Sun Jun 20 2010 2:09am

So it's Oddeye's fault! I knew it!....

There's a reason why I only included that part of your username
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Sun Jun 20 2010 3:15am

Maybe it's time to start #6...
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Sun Jun 20 2010 3:18am

It's your call :lol:

I just got bored, sorry.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Sun Jun 20 2010 7:33am

Alpha @ Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:15 am) wrote: Maybe it's time to start #6...

Sounds like a good idea :)

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby ehow22 » Wed Jul 21 2010 11:05pm

Alpha @ Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 pm) wrote: Maybe it's time to start #6...

Any idea when? :lol:
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict