Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Any Tips for 20/20 grinding?

This may take a while...

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Any Tips for 20/20 grinding?

Postby Shining Fan 91 » Tue Jan 01 2013 5:01am

Does anyone know of any fast ways to get characters to level 20 unpromoted and promoted? I'm currently at battle 14, and by the way things are going, it would be til battle 16-17 before I get anyone to level 20 unpromoted. I know how to get Cythnia, Knuckles, and Morton levels to 20, but for everyone else, I have to play like 75% of the way though the game just to reach 20 unpromoted and thats with grinding to the point of one character gaining 1 exp from just about everything on each map.

I used the Shield Ring til tiny cracks appeared, repaired it twice, then used it twice, then didn't notice that I lost it after the second use since I never use rings for thier spell effects, so I only have the Power Ring left for quick exp. I'm out of ideas on what to do, I'm doing this for writing each character's stats down for each level, I know the RNG makes stat gains a bit random, this is just a personal little project I'm doing, and any help or ideas on how to speed up this process would be gratefully appreciated.

Re: Any Tips for 20/20 grinding?

Postby Iratezombiemann » Thu May 23 2013 10:32pm

Most people promote at level 15 in my experience. I always promote at 20, and if you're the same, expect to promote 75% into the game. That sucks too, a game this good needed more battles.
We will find a way, or we will make one. ~ Hannibal Barca
We will find a way, or we will make one. ~ Hannibal Barca

Postby Alpha » Sat May 25 2013 12:23am

I don't think there are any good, fast ways to get there. As Iratezombiemann said, if you do go to 20, you're promoting quite late (that is, if you're doing battles where you're getting more than 1 exp for a kill). Waiting that long has its drawbacks, as if you don't have many post promotion level ups, your stats will suffer.

You can always super level any healing units (Cynthia, Knuckles, Morton) in the MP replenishing battle, though that's fairly late in the game.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Swalchy » Sun Sep 24 2017 4:47pm

*necroed*

In my latest play-though, I've only been able to get people to level 20 unpromoted at battle 15 (Inside Eiku's fortress), so that's about 70% into the game. Only thanks to the Master Mages, Executors, and appearing Gargoyles (and Eiku staying put somewhat for a few hits) was it even possible.

This I believe, other than spamming the Protect Ring + quick (making sure not to lose it due to breaking it, and not realising :( ), is the only way to get people to level 20 unpromoted.

Thankfully, once promoted, battle 15 is an easy enough battle to get everyone to level 8-10 promoted without much hassle.
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict