Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Feather Shining Force Feather Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Game Videos

to help with the translation :)

Forum for the Shining Force Feather Translation Project team to discuss progress. More translators always welcome!

Game Videos

Postby Moogie » Thu Oct 18 2012 2:52pm

A kindly SFCer has started an SF:Feather Let's Play so that the cutscenes etc are available to the project translators, in the hope this will aid the translation process :)

Here's the link to his ongoing work:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all

I now have the ability to jump to different scenes in the game so will be making some videos too, as soon as time allows :D

Big thanks for everyone who is helping with this project. I hope the translators are getting on well!
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

Re: Game Videos

Postby Simpelicity » Sat Oct 20 2012 1:37am

Ooh there's a thread for my stuff! :)

Just a quick and I think relevant note here, about the update schedule. The thing is going to update during week days. I'm aiming for 3 days a week, we'll see what I actually manage to get going though. Normally updates start on a battle, then move on to inventory/equipment/etc management and talking to people and story and stops when I get in a battle somewhere. Update refers to what I update in a day though, that can be more than one video (most definitely will be, in fact). This can possibly take more time than reasonable though, so that's what I'm aiming for, but I make no promises. I am also playing this blind, so I don't know how long it'll take me to complete the game at this pace - hopefully it's not too slow to be useful.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby StorMyu » Mon Nov 19 2012 12:03am

Looking very good so far, thanks for the help.
You're using NoGba to record ? I can see the glitch this emulator makes on faces xD
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Simpelicity » Mon Nov 19 2012 12:16am

No I'm using Desmume. NoGba doesn't allow save stating, and I kinda need that if I want to keep on cutting updates like I'm doing right now (start of battle). Unless there's a save and quit button like there was in ye olde Shining Force games, but I haven't found that button yet.

And that is absolutely my pleasure. Doing LPs is fun, all the more if it helps a project like this. I usually don't have much help to offer to these things, so I'm glad I can actually do something this once.

While I have the attention here I'll also add to my previous post here that I brightened up and decided the battles would be in seperate videos from the rest. That allows me to have a playlist for battles only and a playlist for story/item management only, in addition to the main playlist. Just FYI
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Moogie » Mon Nov 19 2012 10:22am

You can save & quit in battle, it's described in my guide :)

Free Cursor Menu
When you're on Free Cursor mode (Y) the menu is accessed by pressing START is as follows:
- Skip Turn
- Save & Exit
- Config
- Retry

Save & Exit:
Your battle progress is saved and you will return to the game's title screen.
Next time you play, select CONTINUE instead of LOAD, to resume from that point.
Note that when I tried this and wanted to reset and CONTINUE again from the same point, it wouldn't let me. Didn't get around to testing it since, but I imagine this is a feature to stop us resetting and retrying constantly. Therefore it seems a CONTINUE point can only be used once.
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Administrator

Postby StorMyu » Mon Nov 19 2012 6:24pm

if you could also point to me the video that contains FMV (except the introduction movie of course I don't really have to search for it xD)
It'll help =)
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Simpelicity » Mon Nov 19 2012 6:29pm

StorMyu wrote:if you could also point to me the video that contains FMV (except the introduction movie of course I don't really have to search for it xD)
It'll help =)

I would love to.

... what's FMV?
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Moogie » Mon Nov 19 2012 6:40pm

Full motion video - am guessing he means any animated cutscenes :)
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Administrator

Postby StorMyu » Mon Nov 19 2012 8:15pm

yes (you could have guessed I talked about the introduction movie ^^)
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Simpelicity » Mon Nov 19 2012 11:03pm

StorMyu wrote:yes (you could have guessed I talked about the introduction movie ^^)

Okay. I remembered one. Before that though, do the ends of chapter count? (there's some animation at the top while text is scrolling). Also when we get pieces of whatever that do whatever to the ship (repair it I imagine, it keeps crashing everywhere), does that also count? It's slightly animated, the red dot appears, then the red wing.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Moogie » Mon Nov 19 2012 11:08pm

(The red dots are called Code Keys :))
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Administrator

Postby Simpelicity » Tue Nov 20 2012 2:07am

Well there's one here, that's the one I remembered. There's no talking to translate in it, but then again I don't know what you want them for. If I'm forgetting some, please tell me. *MILD/HIGH SPOILERS* I just got done recording that one battle with laser turtles (water elemental), buncha skeletons, buncha dark elves including that one elf that hangs 'round what looks like the bad guys. Next battle I'll be recording is what I'm interpreting as a jail break, Kittycat, Quick Ben, Flash and Envy breaking out Smileys, Goldilocks, Miriam and Cybergirl. At least as far as I can tell. (using the names I gave them expressly, it makes it less spoilery. You should still be able to tell what I'm talking about). So, if I forgot anything, or if the chapter ends and getting of code keys count, pretty tell me.

Also, if it helps, I can write me a note to tell you everytime I post FMVs in the future. So if you'd like that just tell me.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby StorMyu » Tue Nov 20 2012 6:38am

thanks yeah, and no just only videos like that one, the animated stuff, not the same deal ^^

Also it would help if you could note the FMV you see yeah :)
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Simpelicity » Sun Jan 13 2013 8:38pm

If you're still interested in them Stormyu, I got another FMV at part 100.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby StorMyu » Sun Jan 13 2013 11:55pm

I am, thanks, my main concern is that there's more FMV with dialog in it. Besides the introduction movie after the first battle with the actual song I mean ^^
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Simpelicity » Thu Jan 24 2013 2:14pm

Got another FMV here. I don't recall there being any dialog, but I'll be linking them just in case. If I remember correctly, tomorrow I'll have one with dialog. It's when they put a giant hole in the floating rock thing.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby StorMyu » Thu Jan 24 2013 9:46pm

Ahah yeah I do remember tons of little videos like that, and I was almost sure there was one with dialog (hence why I asked you to check for me ^^)
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Simpelicity » Sat Jan 26 2013 7:20pm

Here is an FMV with dialog in it! I also had this FMV in this video, but I don't recall it having any dialog. Like I said, linking just in case!
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby StorMyu » Sun Jan 27 2013 5:58pm

AH I KNEW IT !
Now if someone can provide the translation that would be cool :)
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Simpelicity » Mon Jan 28 2013 5:56am

Is there still any translating being done anymore? Weyu didn't get any answer when he asked. Made me kinda sad tbh. I want this to happen.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Next

Return to Shining Force Feather Translation Project