Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Feather Shining Force Feather Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force Feather Translation

Forum for the Shining Force Feather Translation Project team to discuss progress. More translators always welcome!

Re: Shining Force Feather Translation

Postby Raijinili » Mon Dec 03 2012 10:12am

StorMyu, I wanted to know if you didn't want the files to be released. If you don't, then I won't release them either.
Raijinili

Postby Simpelicity » Mon Dec 03 2012 2:48pm

Raijinili wrote:StorMyu, I wanted to know if you didn't want the files to be released. If you don't, then I won't release them either.

If you're the one that rips them out, they're basically your files, nobody's got a say in whether you can release them or not, aside from maybe Sega (the actual owner). I think that's where the confusion comes from. You're asking permission for something you don't need permission for.

I'm pretty sure access to their working file is restricted because it's what they use to translate and they need it intact to work properly. Not because the info inside is top secret. Then again I'm not Stormyu, could be wrong.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby StorMyu » Mon Dec 03 2012 6:17pm

Raijinili wrote:StorMyu, I wanted to know if you didn't want the files to be released. If you don't, then I won't release them either.

You can do what you want as simpelicity said...
I don't know what you want to see what I have, because we just have the graphics of the game, and if you're looking for character sprite, I don't even remember having that one.
Aside from that it's just text I've been sharing, that's all.
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Raijinili » Tue Dec 04 2012 5:00am

Alright.

Simpelicity wrote:If you're the one that rips them out, they're basically your files, nobody's got a say in whether you can release them or not, aside from maybe Sega (the actual owner). I think that's where the confusion comes from. You're asking permission for something you don't need permission for.

I'm pretty sure access to their working file is restricted because it's what they use to translate and they need it intact to work properly. Not because the info inside is top secret. Then again I'm not Stormyu, could be wrong.

I also expected that they didn't want access to the shared folder, rather than the files, but I was checking.

"Can" versus "should": I'm not asking permission so much as making sure I'm not stepping on any toes.
Raijinili

Postby StorMyu » Tue Dec 04 2012 6:45pm

There's no toes to step onto ^^
I'm basically just aiming for a translation, if you want something like sprites etc, I don't even have it iirc, because I haven't really looked at that format... (no use for a translation)
So, if you're interested in the japanese text sure why not.
and some graphics that I've already posted on this forum (not all because I was lazy and also it was just to show some image that could be re-used but you got the point)
That's pretty much all I have ^^
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Nekomimist » Mon Dec 17 2012 12:38am

I'm very interested in helping with the translation project. I lack skills in the ripping graphics department, but I'd like to help translate the text. How far are guys into the project and do you need another hand with translating the text? Also, how quickly do you need the translations done? Or, at least, what's the current pace? :3 Hope I can help! <33
Nekomimist

Postby StorMyu » Mon Dec 17 2012 9:58am

The current pace is, do what you can, that's enough.
For any other information, contact Moogie ^^
StorMyu

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Nekomimist » Tue Dec 18 2012 1:43am

Okay, sounds good! :3 I'd definitely like to do what I can to help.
Nekomimist

Postby Simpelicity » Tue Dec 18 2012 2:03am

God, I keep thinking you're me. Need to remember that I'm the one being all positive :thumbsup:
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Nekomimist » Tue Dec 18 2012 5:33am

Simpelicity wrote:God, I keep thinking you're me. Need to remember that I'm the one being all positive :thumbsup:

Lol! XD Well, Rush is so awesome it's hard not to use his face as an icon! >w< <33
Nekomimist

Postby Sui » Wed May 22 2013 1:09am

Any chance the people in charge of this are still looking for help with translating? I used to be a pretty frequent at SFC, but it's been a while since I've been here. Deciding to pop back in briefly, and I saw this on the front page. I actually just graduated college with a degree in Japanese Language Education, and I was kind of looking for a project to work on in translation, so I'd be happy to help out even just a little bit at night when I've got time. I'd be happy to comply to a test or whatever you need to see if my language skills are up to snuff (although I've got a degree and passed N2 of the JLPT, not that you can see my proof for that online, but). I'll try PM'ing Moogie and StorMyu too, I suppose. Not sure if this topic is watched that often, since it's been a while since the last post. >.>
Sui

Postby Faisal » Wed Jan 15 2014 5:36am

Someone should ask Stormyu to update hia thread either here or at gbatemp this way the people can stay in touch....Any volunteer to ask him?
Eat food,sleep,wake up,eat food,eat some more,eat a little more,sleep.Repeat everyday and be awesome (Y)
Eat food,sleep,wake up,eat food,eat some more,eat a little more,sleep.Repeat everyday and be awesome (Y)
Faisal

The Asian Sensation
Shining Hero

Postby Faisal » Wed Jan 15 2014 6:02am

http://gbatemp.net/conversations/sff-tr ... on.253131/
I forgot I talked to Stormyu on 24 dec 13
Faisal

The Asian Sensation
Shining Hero

Postby DiegoMM » Thu Oct 02 2014 3:34pm

Any news from this project?
I learned english playing Shining Force 2!
I learned english playing Shining Force 2!
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby sulfuroxp » Mon Sep 12 2016 1:49pm

Any update ... or something?
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Previous

Return to Shining Force Feather Translation Project