Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Hearts
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Why nobody seems to care about this game?

Seriously ?

Discussion about the new Japanese Shining game for PSP.
Forum rules
As this is a new game please be careful of posting spoilers! Don't forget to use the spoiler tags :)

Re: Why nobody seems to care about this game?

Postby Kalkano » Wed Jul 17 2013 9:45pm

Operation Rainfall is doing a poll on which PSP games you'd like to see localized, and Shining Hearts is one of them. They're doing it in conjunction with an actual localization company (though, I've never heard of them). Really, it has no chance of winning. It's going up against Yakuza, and Valkyria Chronicles 3. I really don't know why they didn't pick Shining Blade, over this.

Edit: Oh, and here's a link to the poll, if you want to vote:

http://operationrainfall.com/vote-to-localize-sega-konami-polls/
Currently playing for the first time: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently playing for the first time: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby ShiningForceKaya » Sun Sep 01 2013 3:11pm

Cool, will do this! thanks for sharing.
Verily I say unto you all:Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;
D&C 115:5

Check out the Shining force group on DA: http://legacyofshiningforce.deviantart.com/
Verily I say unto you all:Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;
D&C 115:5

Check out the Shining force group on DA: http://legacyofshiningforce.deviantart.com/

Postby cruzz56 » Fri Sep 13 2013 12:49am

For anyone who wanted to play this game, it is playable using ppsspp(psp emulator) I find it better than jpcsp

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=759
cruzz56

Postby thepeaguy » Fri Dec 27 2013 6:04pm

I'm not interested in post-Camelot Shining games because I'm loyal to the company who created the series. It's theirs, not Sega's, to butcher.
thepeaguy

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby sbloom85 » Sun Apr 13 2014 2:29pm

Most of them may have been developed by Camelot, but the Shining IP belongs to SEGA. Like Metroid belongs to Nintendo, but allowed Team Ninja to develop Other M.

Does SEGA even develop their own games any more? The percentage of their own dev team has to be getting low by now, right?
sbloom85

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Sinful Force » Sun Aug 17 2014 4:13pm

This is actually the only post Camelot SF game that actually interested me. Not because it's SF game, mind you (cause no post Camelot game feels or looks like a SF game to begin with, is the vibe I get), but just as a standalone RPG. And that reason is just based on this games graphics to tell the truth. This games graphics look good plus are in a style I love very much. The isometric style a la Shining Force 3 (which is still my favourite game ever. The other style I love for my RPGs very much is the first person style a la StHA/SitD, my favourite standard turn based RPGs). But yes, this games graphics really have a great isometric look to them that just begs exploration to me to be enjoyed. So this is really the only post Camelot SF game I would actually play if it ever were to get translated (at least by an online fan translated script if anything).
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Previous

Return to Shining Hearts