Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Hearts
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

2 new viedos - shining hearts

Discussion about the new Japanese Shining game for PSP.
Forum rules
As this is a new game please be careful of posting spoilers! Don't forget to use the spoiler tags :)

2 new viedos - shining hearts

Postby sulfuroxp » Thu Dec 09 2010 8:34pm

sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Re: 2 new viedos - shining hearts

Postby Martin III » Fri Dec 10 2010 2:41am

sulfuroxp @ Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:34 pm) wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2YP9zYAT4U
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7nfE5qYRks

attacks and cook :lol:

Don't know if I like the big-head-style character graphics in battle, but those animations are definitely pretty sweet. :thumbsup: The cooking looks interesting, too.

It's looking like the Japanese version of this game will be next to unplayable without knowledge of Japanese. One more reason to hope for a localization.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Flaming Manakin » Fri Dec 10 2010 7:48pm

Is there a strategic movement element to the battles? When I saw a grid-based system, hope fluttered within me, but it seems to be only a front/back rank thing which I assume is an offense/defence tradeoff.
Flaming Manakin

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Crystalgate » Fri Dec 10 2010 7:54pm

The animations are to long for my taste. I prefer more to the point animations than the fancy stuff. The item creation looks good though.

It would help if someone why knows Japanese could upload a subtitled version or transcribe the features introduced.
Crystalgate

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby ShinyNickel » Sat Dec 11 2010 8:01pm

Crystalgate @ Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:54 am) wrote:It would help if someone why knows Japanese could upload a subtitled version or transcribe the features introduced.

That would indeed be great.

I`m a little lost...
Fishing, baking, delivery, pets, naval battles and I think a dating sim... :eyebrow:
ShinyNickel

Postby shiningdream » Mon Dec 13 2010 7:30am

The graphics and animation sure are pretty. There seems to be a 'strategic' element too but nothing beyond the 'front-and-back-row-which-monster-to-target' stuff, and all the fire-vs-water-vs-wind elemental stuff, I suppose.

Found a snippet on the upcoming launch in Japan. Apparently, the presales are rather promising so far.
Shining Hears Riding High In Japan
My gut feeling: This doesn't look like it will get localised though, does it? :confused:
"I have a shining dream."
"I have a shining dream."
shiningdream

Postby Martin III » Tue Dec 14 2010 1:19am

shiningdream @ Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 am) wrote: Found a snippet on the upcoming launch in Japan. Apparently, the presales are rather promising so far.
Shining Hears Riding High In Japan
My gut feeling: This doesn't look like it will get localised though, does it? :confused:

Yeah, I do get the sense that this game is targeted towards a strictly Japanese audience. Still, anything's possible if the game does well enough in Japan. I'm not betting on a localization, but I haven't totally despaired of one yet.

At any rate, it is good to hear that the game's off on the right foot in Japan at least. Thanks for sharing the news.

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Tarethen » Wed Dec 15 2010 4:34pm

I've been pondering importing, but right now I can't justify $70 + shipping. The Yen to dollar ratio is insane right now. Augh.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby SegataSanshiro » Fri Dec 17 2010 10:28am

:shock:

Postby Dark Link » Fri Dec 17 2010 12:47pm

When I heard Shining Hearts, I expected to see the old shining characters running around with Disney characters. Wishful thinking, maybe, but that said, it's a unique battle system, which might end up being fun.

Still, not quite shining in my eyes.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Hearts