Shining Heart announced for PSP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 2:23am
by Tarethen
I am trying to find scans, but my google fu has failed me.

This is all I have for now.

Shining Hearts:
- PSP RPG
- Winter release
- Character designs by Tony
- Music by Hiroki Kikuta
- Theme song by Lia

More infor from Adriasang.

Sega's Shining series is coming to PSP through the all new Shining Hearts.

Revealed in this week's Famitsu, Hearts is a traditional RPG where you attempt to open the door to someone's heart via a heartful lifestyle. I don't know what that means either, but apparently you'll be helping out a girl who's lost both her heart and memory

The magazine introduces main character Rikku along with three sisters, Neris, Airy and Amaru. These character live a peaceful life on an island before heading off on a big adventure.

Re: Shining Heart announced for PSP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 2:45am
by sulfuroxp
lol what when O__o

where you found that info?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 2:50am
by Tarethen
sulfuroxp @ Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:45 pm) wrote: lol what when O__o

where you found that info?

NeoGaf. I'm trying to find scans still but no luck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 2:52am
by sulfuroxp
but in the official page doesn't appear... and in youtube Shining Heart is a manga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 2:54am
by Tarethen
sulfuroxp @ Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 pm) wrote: but in the official page doesn't appear... and in youtube Shining Heart is a manga

It's a leaked scan, so obviously Sega hasn't updated their website yet. Besides, Sega is notoriously slow about updating the Shining-World portal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 2:59am
by sulfuroxp
where exactly is the info? i can't find it >___>

I want Soul III =(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 3:16am
by Tarethen
Finally. Jesus.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7808/65114110.jpg

Another Shining game that isn't going to come to America. Oh joy!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 8:34am
by smzee27
Good thing the PSP is region free though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 9:33am
by Curious Orange
smzee27 @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 am) wrote: Good thing the PSP is region free though.

First thing I was about to ask :)

Looks like I might actually buy a game for my PSP at long last...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 10:00am
by bum_199
just when you thought shining games couldnt get weirder. according to this it will have sim elements. heres the link.
http://gametab.com/news/3409101/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 2:07pm
by Tarethen
Tarethen @ Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 pm) wrote: Finally. Jesus.

We got Shining Soul III. It was called Shining Tears.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 7:02pm
by Flaming Manakin
Well, I think its clear this won't be an SRPG. Looking at the left hand page, middle image, it seems that three characters portraits are displayed one on top of another, perhaps with health bars. Would suggest, given Tony is the artist, that this is perhaps the sequel to Shining Wind?

If not that, I think it's overwhelmingly likely to be another clearly another in the line of Neo-type Gauntlet style games. The scans don't prove that as such, but are suggestive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 7:06pm
by Tarethen
Flaming Manakin @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:02 pm) wrote: Well, I think its clear this won't be an SRPG. Looking at the left hand page, middle image, it seems that three characters portraits are displayed one on top of another, perhaps with health bars. Would suggest, given Tony is the artist, that this is perhaps the sequel to Shining Wind?

If not that, I think it's overwhelmingly likely to be another clearly another in the line of Neo-type Gauntlet style games. The scans don't prove that as such, but are suggestive.

Standard RPG. Not related to Tears or Wind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 8:15pm
by sulfuroxp
http://sega.jp/topics/100802_1/

"Tony's tapestry draws new heroine. For more information and illustrations presented at the venue on the day!"

:D

this is in August 13 :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 9:36pm
by Alones
Shining Hearts? A Key inside a heart?

Damn, a kingdom hearts ripoff? Where are you headed, Shining series?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 9:59pm
by Kalkano
*cringes* *shudders* Sega...I hate you...Come on Camelot, make "Golden Sun: Tactics".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 10:01pm
by Tarethen
Kalkano @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm) wrote: *cringes* *shudders* Sega...I hate you...Come on Camelot, make "Golden Sun: Tactics".

Be happy you're getting Golden Sun 3 and not Mario Tennis 2423432432455643543.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 10:04pm
by whiterose
Alones @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:36 pm) wrote: Shining Hearts? A Key inside a heart?

Damn, a kingdom hearts ripoff? Where are you headed, Shining series?

lolz. That, or Tales of Hearts... or even Pokemon Colosseum/Gale of Darkness, with the whole purifying of shadow Pokemon, by "opening the door to their hearts" thing.

@Kalkano: Yeah... I kinda wish Camelot would take their series back... *sigh*

...And, a Golden Sun srpg game might be pretty awesome... <3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 10:13pm
by Lord Oddeye sama
whiterose @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:04 pm) wrote:...And, a Golden Sun srpg game might be pretty awesome... <3

I concur off-topic.

On-topic... How will the picnic baskets factor in this heartful lifestyle? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 10:18pm
by Ashley
Detailed preview at Andriasang now, pasted below. The gameplay description is a bit confusing though. At first he says that it's like Tears/Wind, then he says it's a "command based traditional RPG" and goes on to compare it to the Tales series and Super Robot Wars. They're all quite different games, so I'm a bit confused right now.

Sega is returning to the Shining series for a new installment called Shining Hearts. Famitsu has first details this week on the PSP title, which is set for Winter release, priced at ¥6,279.

Shining Hearts is a true RPG, blending fantasy with communication and life aspects. As you work through a story themed around love, friendship and bonds, you'll collect "hearts," leading to changes in the structure and state of your island home.

For those who've been with the Shining series since the beginning, Hearts appears to be along the lines of the Shining Tears and Shining Wind offshoots. It features character designs from Tony, along with SD characters and 2D visuals, viewed overhead during the adventure parts and from the side during combat.

You play as Rick, a young warrior. You've drifted to the peaceful Wyndaria Island, where you now work at a bakery (Famitsu refers to the bakery as a "magic" bakery, although you are just baking bread). Rick lives alongside a trio of sisters, Neris, Airy and Amaru, who work with Rick in the bakery and have their own unique baking abilities.

The three sisters will be the targets of Rick's affection as you work through the game. Based off your daily life and as part of the story, you'll deepen your ties with the girls, and possibly develop a love relationship with them.

There's a fourth girl who plays an important role in Shining Hearts. The young Kaguya arrives on Wyndaria Island one morning following a great storm. She's lost her memory and emotion, a problem that you'll need to help her fix.

Kaguya's arrival brings some changes to Wyndaria. Once peaceful, the island becomes the target of pirates who seek the special spirit stone Kaguya wears around her neck. To return peace to the island, you'll have to combat the pirates on the island and out on the sea.

Famitsu introduces two pirates: Dylan and the female pirate Mistral. Dylan is head of a pirate group called Arc Buccaneers. It's unclear at present if he's an ally or enemy, says Famitsu.

Sega refers to Shining Hearts as a traditional RPG. That, of course, means a command-based battle system for facing off against the pirates. Battles take place from a side-view, with SD sprites of your characters facing off against enemies. When you perform special attacks, you'll get to see full screen animation cut-ins. Looking at the screenshots in Famitsu, it resembles a mix of Tales and Super Robot Wars.

You can form a party of up to four, selecting from your three love targets as well as the other characters you encounter throughout the course of the game. You'll be able to perform special team attacks with your party members. An ally's feelings for you will change during combat as well.

With the presence of the pirates and the island setting, the ocean seems to be a major part of Shining Hearts. The game actually puts your base of operations on a ship called Home Ship. This ship serves both as your home and as your means of transport. While it starts off in a ragged state, you'll be able to build it up with new functionality. Eventually, you'll use the ship to travel to other islands.

When you're not out at sea, you're free to roam Wyndaria Island. You'll be able to take part in a variety of activities. You can progress through story missions, or take on side quests to help out villagers. You can attack characters you've taken an interest in (Famitsu doesn't say why you'd want to do this). You'll also be able to go around the island to collect materials for baking bread and forging your weapons, and even go fishing.

Your collection aspects will include picking up crops, like the pumpkin shown in the magazine's screenshots . Famitsu notes that the plants grow automatically, so there's no need to plant seed for yourself. Shining Force has not yet become a Harvest Moon clone.

As you play through the game, working through the story and helping villagers out on quests, you'll collect Hearts. These can be given to Kaguya to help her return her emotions. As her emotions come back, Kaguya's spirit stone will release "Heart Keys." These can be used to open doors to new worlds, leading to new developments in the story.

Shining Hearts is currently 80% complete. Sega looks like it's already getting into gear with the game's marketing. Comic Market 78, which will be held at Tokyo Big Site starting August 13, will feature item sales for the game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 10:27pm
by TheUnknownMarine
oh god

Shining Force: Wind Waker.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04 2010 10:33pm
by Lord Oddeye sama
At least this explains the baskets and their content.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 12:26am
by Tarethen
Well. Looks like import imminent.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 2:15am
by smzee27
So Shining Force meets Harvest Moon?

The character designs are also pretty messed up. They look dressed for something, but definitely NOT combat. Look at the main character and his... male cleavage :confused:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 2:17am
by Tarethen
smzee27 @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:15 pm) wrote: The character designs are pretty messed up though. They look dressed for something, but definitely NOT combat.

Look at the main character and his... male cleavage :confused:

Typically Tony. Over sexed to the max.

Anyway. Famitsu screens.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1238413_1407.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 4:05am
by Arc_the_Lad
Tarethen @ Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:16 pm) wrote: Another Shining game that isn't going to come to America. Oh joy!

They can keep it.

Shining is dead to me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 10:39am
by Maximus Aureillus
Arc_the_Lad @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:05 pm) wrote: They can keep it.

Shining is dead to me.

^ This

and I find the shining games no different from those corny japanese anime. These Japanese guys need come up with something different for once.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 2:46pm
by Tarethen
Maximus Aureillus @ Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:39 am) wrote: ^ This

and I find the shining games no different from those corny japanese anime. These Japanese guys need come up with something different for once.

If you can, import Feather. It's not difficult to learn how to play it despite the language barrier. The only battles I had any problems with were the break battles due to there being certain objectives.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 2:52pm
by Coxy
Looks terrible as expected. What the hell is wrong with sega, it's not like they can even use the hurrdurr srpgs dont sell excuse anymore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 3:03pm
by ExevaloN
1) Who the heck is Tony?

2) This looked to me like a Harvest Moon/ Shining Force game and typical JRPG where dude is stranded with lots of chicks and gets to pick on which one to hit on. Seriously, not necesarily anything wrong with the premise, its just that its being done way too much and not too different then other incarnations.

3) Find your way into someones heart through a heartfelt way. It might sound corny but something like this isn't that different from Shining Force 3's friendship mechanic. I for one think that something like this has potential, but it shouldn't be done in such a corny way for RPG of this caliber. O wait, Shining isnt what it used to be, its become a clone of other jrpgs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 3:09pm
by Tarethen
Coxy @ Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:52 am) wrote: Looks terrible as expected. What the hell is wrong with sega, it's not like they can even use the hurrdurr srpgs dont sell excuse anymore

They need to get the Valkyria Chronicles team on it.

1) Who the heck is Tony?

2) This looked to me like a Harvest Moon/ Shining Force game and typical JRPG where dude is stranded with lots of chicks and gets to pick on which one to hit on. Seriously, not necesarily anything wrong with the premise, its just that its being done way too much and not too different then other incarnations.

3) Find your way into someones heart through a heartfelt way. It might sound corny but something like this isn't that different from Shining Force 3's friendship mechanic. I for one think that something like this has potential, but it shouldn't be done in such a corny way for RPG of this caliber. O wait, Shining isnt what it used to be, its become a clone of other jrpgs.

1) Hentai artist. Just google search, but it's not safe for work.

2) Sounds more like Shining Wind to me. Dudes picking on girls to hit on. Well, it's actually more along the lines of Shining Tears X Wind.

3) Again, sounds like Shining Wind. Pulling their "heart weapon" from their bodies and using it in battle. It actually sounds a little like Ar Tonelico, also, in the fact that unlocking the character's heart and memories gives bonuses, I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 3:27pm
by sulfuroxp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 2010 8:43pm
by Crystalgate
I would like many others here prefer a tactical RPG. Still, I'd take a more traditional RPG as long as it's good. Unfortunately, I don't think this game will be good.

To be honest, I do see some good ideas in this game.

The game has an island setting which you can explore with a ship. This sounds like a nice change of phase as long as the sailing isn't any longer than the normal over-world walking in RPGs. Having the ship upgradeable for added functionality also sounds like a fun idea.

I don't know about collecting hearths, but I like the idea of having the home island altered as you do so. I can forgive the hearths part if the unlocked content is interesting enough.

However, good ideas are useless without proper implementation. For example, for the ship upgrading to be fun it shouldn't simple be a way to get past roadblocks as you progress trough the story. It has to be there for added exploration. From the information I've seen so far, I do not get the feeling that "how can we do this as fun as possible" is the thinking behind this game. Rather, it looks like someone just wanted certain features within the game and then said "find a way to get those in, shoehorn if you have to." I could of course be wrong.

What I do know however is that several characters are awfully designed. Rick, Aerie and (I assume) Kaguya are in particular atrocious. I know for certain that if I were to write a few characters, I'd want to make sure that the design matches their personality. Either the design does match their personality, which would for example mean that Aerie is a completely clueless airhead, or there's a disconnect between the writing and the design. Neither is a good sign.

Currently I'm filing this game under "can be good, but probably wont."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06 2010 12:20am
by Martin III
ExevaloN @ Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:03 pm) wrote: 2) This looked to me like a Harvest Moon/ Shining Force game and typical JRPG where dude is stranded with lots of chicks and gets to pick on which one to hit on. Seriously, not necesarily anything wrong with the premise, its just that its being done way too much and not too different then other incarnations.

How on earth can you judge the execution of the concepts from a summary of the game?

Wasn't what I was hoping for for the next Shining game, but it sounds like it might be good. Doubt that I'll get it, though. Too early to make any guesses as to whether it'll be amazing or not, but I'm not the sort to buy a gaming platform just to play one game, so it'd take a pretty impressive game to get me to buy a PSP. Especially if it's a Japan-only game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06 2010 12:33am
by smzee27
ExevaloN @ Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:03 am) wrote: 2) This looked to me like a Harvest Moon/ Shining Force game and typical JRPG where dude is stranded with lots of chicks and gets to pick on which one to hit on.

That's the real problem.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06 2010 1:16am
by ExevaloN
Martin III @ Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:20 am) wrote:How on earth can you judge the execution of the concepts from a summary of the game?

Wasn't what I was hoping for for the next Shining game, but it sounds like it might be good. Doubt that I'll get it, though. Too early to make any guesses as to whether it'll be amazing or not, but I'm not the sort to buy a gaming platform just to play one game, so it'd take a pretty impressive game to get me to buy a PSP. Especially if it's a Japan-only game.

Actually I was judging the game overall based on the summary, not its execution. Becuase from the summary, and the pics I saw, thats exactly what it looked like, a Harvest Moon/Shining Force mix. Though Tarethen says its a Shining Wind look a like, I never played that one, only Tears.

By the way, what I meant on the heart mechanic, Tarethen, was that as a concept, it would be pretty cool to be used more in RPGs. Not as some kind of weapon or "heart of the cards" yu-gi style, but more of character's actually caring for each other and developing relationships that actually have an effect in game. Hence why I compared it to the friendship system in Shining Force 3.

Smzee: Well the game does have a hentai artist on board, so you can bet that somewhere someone already thought up of the hero getting all the chicks. Just not in game, unless you use codebreaker or game genie lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06 2010 2:33am
by Tarethen
ExevaloN @ Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:16 pm) wrote: Actually I was judging the game overall based on the summary, not its execution. Becuase from the summary, and the pics I saw, thats exactly what it looked like, a Harvest Moon/Shining Force mix. Though Tarethen says its a Shining Wind look a like, I never played that one, only Tears.

By the way, what I meant on the heart mechanic, Tarethen, was that as a concept, it would be pretty cool to be used more in RPGs. Not as some kind of weapon or "heart of the cards" yu-gi style, but more of character's actually caring for each other and developing relationships that actually have an effect in game. Hence why I compared it to the friendship system in Shining Force 3.

Smzee: Well the game does have a hentai artist on board, so you can bet that somewhere someone already thought up of the hero getting all the chicks. Just not in game, unless you use codebreaker or game genie lol.

I point you to Ar Tonelico, then, as I mentioned. Diving into Cosmospheres, which is basically in a way developing affection with the characters, increases their abilities in battle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08 2010 7:34am
by Sailorcancer
Interesting.

PSP sometimes gets some nice rpgs and what not. Maybe this will come over.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08 2010 7:08pm
by Ashley

I've singled out the battle screens here as I think they're pretty important. As you can see, it's a traditional RPG battle system with similarities to Suikoden. That's quite encouraging to me since there's never been a Shining game that used a traditional system and it's been years since we had a new system of any sort.

On a negative note though, I have a real problem with the cast of playable characters. The vast majority of them are regular humans and I personally feel that a true Shining game should have a healthy mixes of different races to feel "shiny". I shouldn't be surprised though. Only Soul II and Feather have really hit the mark in that regard.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08 2010 10:14pm
by Marky
I know how you feel. I also don't like how you have to fight Pirates on the sea to acquire things to unlock more places on the island. I wonder if the Island has one village/base/etc.?

Second, I noticed the thing in the bottom right hand corner. It appears to be a friendship gauge that measures the level of a relationship between the protagonist and the other 3 female characters.

The overall game seems a bit corny but it could be good. I will wait to see the reviews and see if it ever will be released in the States.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 12:02am
by Ashley
I doubt we'll ever see a Shining game released in the US again, to be honest. Sega Europe is directly in charge of the US branch now and SE hasn't published a Shining game here since 1998. It's gloomy, I know, but it's true. :( I'll be importing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 1:16am
by Marky
Ashley @ Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:02 am) wrote: I doubt we'll ever see a Shining game released in the US again, to be honest. Sega Europe is directly in charge of the US branch now and SE hasn't published a Shining game here since 1998. It's gloomy, I know, but it's true. :( I'll be importing.

What? Sega of Europe (SoE) is in charge of our branch? WTF? Those dang foreigners....that's why no new Shining game will ever be released in the States.

But seriously, I think SoA and SoE both believed that the Shining RPGs were not worth it. Rather than leaving us, the fans/consumers to decide how good RPGs are, SoA and SoE discredited RPGs (or even Strategy RPGs) and decided against importing or creating many RPG titles.

Further, to be a bit off topic, how is SoE in charge of SoA? I don't mind if SoE is in charge, I just wonder why is that, you know?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 2:57am
by Omega Entity
They recently closed their SoA branch, if I recall correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 3:36am
by Marky
Omega Entity @ Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:57 am) wrote: They recently closed their SoA branch, if I recall correctly.

Whoa, when did this happen? And does a SoA building still stand in NOrthern California? I'm not being rhetorical.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 2:34pm
by Moogie
I feel another campaign coming on...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 3:13pm
by Marky
Moogie @ Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:34 pm) wrote: I feel another campaign coming on...

Campaign? ARe you going to make a petition?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 4:51pm
by Omega Entity
Hm... or maybe it was just the one production studio that they closed. Seems to be what I'm seeing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 6:10pm
by Moogie
Marky @ Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:13 pm) wrote: Campaign? ARe you going to make a petition?

Did you ever see the last campaign?
The online petition was only part of it (since we know they don't really count for much). We did it in combination with a letter & email-writing campaign - the letters all got sent on to me and I bundled them up in a professional looking campaign pack to SoA, SoE, SoJ, Camelot, Climax and Nintendo. The feedback was actually very positive, although if it did achieve anything it was only Shining Soul ;)

The campaign was to increase Sega's awareness of our desire for a new Shining game, or an SFIII remake/translation. Clearly this time we'd need to be more specific about our wants, and why we loved the original Force titles so much.

Not enough time to organise it at the moment but would gladly do so later in the year. Think it would be most effective coming from me on behalf of SFC as it would maintain consistency with the last campaign.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09 2010 10:31pm
by Tarethen
Moogie @ Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:10 pm) wrote: Did you ever see the last campaign?
The online petition was only part of it (since we know they don't really count for much). We did it in combination with a letter & email-writing campaign - the letters all got sent on to me and I bundled them up in a professional looking campaign pack to SoA, SoE, SoJ, Camelot, Climax and Nintendo. The feedback was actually very positive, although if it did achieve anything it was only Shining Soul ;)

The campaign was to increase Sega's awareness of our desire for a new Shining game, or an SFIII remake/translation. Clearly this time we'd need to be more specific about our wants, and why we loved the original Force titles so much.

Not enough time to organise it at the moment but would gladly do so later in the year. Think it would be most effective coming from me on behalf of SFC as it would maintain consistency with the last campaign.

This is a campaign I can get behind! Get the Valkyria Chronicles team on it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10 2010 9:12pm
by Sailorcancer
Marky @ Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:36 pm) wrote: Whoa, when did this happen?  And does a SoA building still stand in NOrthern California?  I'm not being rhetorical.

SoA is now in charge of digital download stuff. While SoE is in charge of physical media.

I wouldn't mind having this come over here. It would be nice if this and Feather came out here. If Sega can bring over Phantasy Star 0 and Sands of Destruction they can bring these two over.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10 2010 10:35pm
by Ashley
Exactly. If there's a decision to be made on whether Shining Hearts is released in the US or not, it'll be made from Sega's UK office. Which is pretty bad news, I reckon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10 2010 10:38pm
by Kaihaku
Shruggles. This game doesn't look bad per say, but it also doesn't look Shining. I wish they would lose the Forbidden Series habit of tacking 'Shining' and a handful of recurring game elements on games that aren't related in the slightest.

TheUnknownMarine @ Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:27 am) wrote:oh god

Shining Force: Wind Waker.

You say that like an association with Wind Waker is negative.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11 2010 12:37am
by Sailorcancer
Ashley @ Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:35 pm) wrote: Exactly. If there's a decision to be made on whether Shining Hearts is released in the US or not, it'll be made from Sega's UK office. Which is pretty bad news, I reckon.

MAYBE

There have been a few PSP games (from NIS and Atlus I believe) that were released as digital releases only. I believe they were because they didn't think it would sell well and didn't want to put money towards a physical release.

So maybe SoA might release the game as a digital download only.

Long shot but hey it might work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11 2010 6:00pm
by sulfuroxp

the good news are...
New Tony Taka Heroines :D xD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11 2010 7:30pm
by Ashley
Sailorcancer @ Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:37 am) wrote: MAYBE

There have been a few PSP games (from NIS and Atlus I believe) that were released as digital releases only. I believe they were because they didn't think it would sell well and didn't want to put money towards a physical release.

So maybe SoA might release the game as a digital download only.

Long shot but hey it might work.

I'm fairly sure that SoA is a digital development studio. Digital Distribution of existing physical products wouldn't factor into it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11 2010 7:41pm
by Kaihaku
I wouldn't recommend holding your breath on this one...would be nice but yeah...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12 2010 4:24pm
by sulfuroxp
http://shining-world.jp/hearts/

page update :thumbsup:

Hero - Rick - Swordman
Girl 1 - Nellis - Hunter
Girl 2 - Amyl - Witch
Girl 3 - Earyi - Nun

Pirate - Dylan - Dual Swords

Pirate Siren Girl - Nereid Mistral (Misty) - Evil Guru

The Girl without memories and emotions - Kaguya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12 2010 7:41pm
by Siel
I tried translating the character pages:

hero_01
WARNING: SPOILER!
hero_02
hero_03
hero_04
friend_04
mc_01
mc_06

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12 2010 8:03pm
by Kaihaku
Siel @ Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:41 am) wrote: I tried translating the character pages

Thanks! Very cool.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13 2010 6:15am
by Matt the Hero
I love that so many people here also love Valkyria Chronicles and while this looks like it might be okay..I think I'd feel WAY too effeminate for playing it, not that that's necessarily a problem..but just saying. >.<

I agree with Moogie, new campaign for new SRPG Shining Force games. =D Given how excited I was when I heard a new Tactics Ogre game is coming out, I'd probably die of a heart attack if we get a true Shining game that actually gets to America somehow. At this rate however, it looks like I'm going to have to buckle down and just learn Japanese.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24 2010 5:48pm
by sulfuroxp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24 2010 7:35pm
by Siel
friend_01
friend_02
friend_03

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25 2010 4:57am
by Crystalgate
sulfuroxp @ Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:48 pm) wrote:new taka heroine

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans ... tem294958/

and +3 new characters

http://shining-world.jp/hearts/

Taka heroine it is.

Anyway, normally I'd wonder why we need a second healer, but Rufina's outfit is far less ridiculous than Airy's. Also, there seems to be four more playable characters to come. Will we ever see a centaur or maybe a birdman?

The character descriptions do not fill me with optimism. They sound very much like they're all quirks with very little substance. I think it will come down to gameplay and whether or not the game actually gets an English release.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25 2010 5:57am
by SegataSanshiro
I couldn't be happier to finally use my PSP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25 2010 3:14pm
by sulfuroxp
release date: december 2 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25 2010 3:54pm
by Tarethen
This looks like a definite import.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25 2010 4:23pm
by nateburke
i thin this is great moogie i know there completely different games but they brought back megaman after all those years with two successful games for wii one can only hope the same think can happen for us

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02 2010 4:01pm
by sulfuroxp
new release date: December 16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05 2010 1:04am
by wildrosebc
Damn. Another delay. At least its a short delay. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06 2010 11:22am
by sulfuroxp
4 new characters

Alvin from Tears/Wind :confused:

Rin :3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07 2010 6:27am
by Siel
friend_05
friend_06
friend_07
mc_04

Edit: Added (incomplete) translation of sample voices of the characters in this post and the previous ones

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07 2010 3:40pm
by Killian22
MMM in my opinion it looks like it'S kinda rock !! I love traditional rpg ! and i think the graphic are cool and the characters looks amazing to !! :) anyway we'll see....! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07 2010 8:08pm
by ShinyNickel
Killian22 @ Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:40 am) wrote:MMM in my opinion it looks like it'S kinda rock !! I love traditional rpg ! and i think the graphic are cool and the characters looks amazing to !! :) anyway we'll see....! :)

I`m not sure about rocking, but I`m interested.
The designs are indeed nice and the voice-acting sounds great too.

Maybe... Just maybe... It will be release outside of Japan just to makes us go :damnit: at the DUB. :shifty:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12 2010 8:48pm
by Killian22
Humm i dont know why but im confident about seeing an international release for shining hearts ! since its a tradional rpg for psp maybe some company like Xseed ,or atlus will bring it to Na who knows ??:)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12 2010 8:50pm
by Ashley
I like the field graphics, particularly on the characters. Reminds me of the CG animation from Shining Wisdom.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12 2010 11:19pm
by Crystalgate
The characters are well drawn, but I don't like the artwork at all. One problem is, every female seem to have almost the same body. Heck, it may even be exactly the same for all I can see. It's like a bunch of Barbie dolls where the only difference between them are the head and the clothes. Heck, the heads are also shaped the same.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13 2010 6:17am
by Borg1982

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14 2010 1:59am
by sulfuroxp
oooohhhh my goddess Mitula :3 :excited:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18 2010 10:18pm
by Siel
mc_02: Madera
mc_03: Hank
mc_05: Kuon
mc_07: Gadem
mc_08: Baldur
mc_09: Laydon
mc_10: Gerd
mc_11: Isaac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18 2010 10:20pm
by sulfuroxp
Madera??? really??? XDDD

i think is Baldor, like the god/heroe

Story setting:
An old dwarf who has an arm that became a mechanized artificial arm. He works at the blacksmith at the island's mine, but because he has passed through battlefields as a warrior, he is a battle-experienced man with valor. He lost his left arm in the battle over the ancient legacy. A man who is knowledgeable about the ancient civilization's legacy, but knows through firsthand experience the danger of the ancient weapons.

O___O

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18 2010 10:39pm
by Siel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21 2010 5:40pm
by sulfuroxp
the island

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29 2010 2:53pm
by S3M
Tarethen @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:16 am) wrote: Finally. Jesus.

After looking at that logo if I was Square Enix I'd be calling the lawyer. Have Sega sung so look as to copy the kindgom hearts logo?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29 2010 3:56pm
by Crystalgate
Despite what you may think, there is no key in the Kingdom Hearts logo and the heart looks very different. Further, the combination of key and heart was in no way or shape invented by the KH series, that symbol is more common than a hero named Shadow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29 2010 10:40pm
by Omega Entity
Indeed. In fact, a lot of antique keys have a heart-shape to the part that you hand one to. Maybe not in that style, but it's definitely not unique to the game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23 2010 2:09pm
by Crystalgate
I happen to come upon some information about what the four heats in the bottom right corner of the screenshots are for.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/0 ... oe_system/

In short, you talk to people and gain hearts depending on what feeling you invoke in them, like making them happy gives you a red heart and making them sad gives you a blue heart. It does seem like you can use heats to create consumable items and for other one time only situations. This probably in turn means the game lets you generate new hearts infinitely.

I can still hope for some hilarious abuses coming from such a mechanic though.

NPC Girl: Do you think I'm pretty?

Player: Hmm, my supply of blue hearts is running low, so let's hurt her.

Rick: No, you're ugly!

NPC Girl: You jerk! Get out of my sight!

*Yellow heart is obtained.*

Player: Damn, you were supposed to get sad, not angry! I already have enough yellow hearts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23 2010 3:15pm
by Moogie
Looking at the screenshots on RPG fan, it would seem there is some kind of fishing involved in Hearts.

Thus I must obtain a PSP!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23 2010 7:18pm
by ShinyNickel
So Melty actually attacks with ice cream ? :eyebrow:
I saw screenshots with a giant ice cream cone dropping on the monsters. :lol:
Ice cream is indeed the best Ice magic. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 5:33am
by Kalkano
ShinyNickel @ Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:18 am) wrote: So Melty actually attacks with ice cream ? :eyebrow:
I saw screenshots with a giant ice cream cone dropping on the monsters. :lol:
Ice cream is indeed the best Ice magic. :thumbsup:

OW! Brain freeze! DAMN YOU...!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 2:59pm
by Evil Gately
The gallery on RPG Fan's been expanded:

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Shining_Hearts/index.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 5:06pm
by Ashley
Andriasang reports that the game will feature Spirit Pets.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... s_spirits/

They're drawing some comparison with Pokemon but I also detect a similarity to Golden Sun's Djinns.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 5:41pm
by ShinyNickel
Ashley @ Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:06 am) wrote:They're drawing some comparison with Pokemon but I also detect a similarity to Golden Sun's Djinns.

I actually though about Lufia 2`s capsule monsters when I saw the pets...
I`m a old man ! :(

The one with the drill on his head as a "I have Fury" feeling to it. :shifty:

RPGFan has no arts for Rick and the girls...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 8:41pm
by Crystalgate
Golden Sun Djinns alters the player while the Pokemon and capsule monsters uses their abilities themselves. Supposedly, the spirit pets does the former and not the latter, meaning in terms of gameplay the comparison to Djinns is more accurate. In terms of appearance though, pick whatever floats your boat.

There also seems to be seven equipment slots. From what I can see, it's weapon, shield, helmet, body armor, two accessory slots and one spirit slot. With some luck the various armors will be more interesting than mirthil>gold>silver>iron>bronce>wood/leather and we have a lot of customization.

Anyway, as the article is saying, Sega is packing the game with gameplay systems. However, one well thought trough gameplay system is better than a hundred of half-assed ones. In theory, this game could be awesome, but I think decent is more likely. There's still the chance though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 10:20pm
by ShinyNickel
Crystalgate @ Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:41 am) wrote:Anyway, as the article is saying, Sega is packing the game with gameplay systems. However, one well thought trough gameplay system is better than a hundred of half-assed ones. In theory, this game could be awesome, but I think decent is more likely. There's still the chance though.

I see what you mean...
Shining Force games have a fairly simple system when you think about it and they are awesome. :thumbsup:
Also... Complexity can be a good thing, but usually a game become too easy with minimal understanding of it.
With maybe some exceptions from optional bosses.

I wonder if the heroines will have a impact on the story... Or just minimal changes ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 11:52pm
by Crystalgate
ShinyNickel @ Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:20 pm) wrote:I wonder if the heroines will have a impact on the story... Or just minimal changes ?

The mysterious girl is almost certainly very important to the plot, but maybe you don't count her as a heroine since she doesn't seem to be playable. The three baker girls looks like they will be there mainly for slight changes similar to the alternations in Shining Tears depending on which character you have the best (highest number) relationship with. Also, considering the large cast of playable characters, most of them will likely only get the spotlight occasionally and play a backseat role most of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25 2010 9:53pm
by Martin III
Ashley @ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:06 pm) wrote: Andriasang reports that the game will feature Spirit Pets.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... s_spirits/

They're drawing some comparison with Pokemon but I also detect a similarity to Golden Sun's Djinns.

Interesting. Kefia looks almost exactly like the spirit king in Shining Tears X Wind(and I assume in Shining Wind as well). Is this a new addition to the recurring species of the series?

The system of colored hearts sounds like good fun, though obviously that'll be no fun if we're stuck with just a Japanese release. I might have to switch my stance on this one to "I'll buy it if it gets an English localization."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06 2010 4:09pm
by Ashley
Not sure if this has been mentioned but you can listen to and download a lot of the soundtrack here.

The composer is Hiroki Kikuta of Secret Of Mana fame.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13 2010 8:52pm
by ShinyNickel
No news in a while... :sleep:
Or did I miss something ?

The offical site has now info on the "pets".
And we can listen to their voices/cries too ! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15 2010 4:19pm
by Salibu
Moogie @ Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:15 pm) wrote: Looking at the screenshots on RPG fan, it would seem there is some kind of fishing involved in Hearts.

Thus I must obtain a PSP!

So do you own the BoF's?

Specifically BoF 3?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2010 6:29pm
by Ashley
My copy shipped from YesAsia. I'm strangely excited, though I don't see it arriving before I travel home for Christmas. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22 2010 6:56pm
by Tarethen
>100K copies sold in the first week... Not too shabby, I guess. Still no chance of it coming to NA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22 2010 9:31pm
by Ashley
I heard that it sold, in one day, as much as Feather did in a week. That does not bode well for those of us who prefer the SRPG style.

Which has got to be all of us, right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01 2011 9:32am
by Christine
Sega Twitter informed that Shining Hearts 160k UMD copies and that is not counting the DL version. It was at the top of the chart.

I've also found out that SH was done by CS3, the same as Valkyria Chronicles.

I agree it might not be good for SRPGs but you must not forget VC was a head turner. It picked a dead beaten genre and gave it a facelift, making it interesting again. The team might do the same worthy for the Shining Series.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03 2011 8:58pm
by Ashley
Do you have a source you can point me to for that? It's very pleasing information, really. I can't think of a better team to be in charge of the series.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03 2011 9:11pm
by Kaihaku
I rather enjoyed the comments on this article.

Good now stop making shitty Shining games and go back to making classic Shining Force games in the classic SRPG style with the classic art.

HELL, they already have the Canvas engine which would be perfect for a brand new Shining Force 4 after a couple of tweeks.

What are they waiting for… I swear they are doing everything with this bloody series BUT what the fans want.

I’m honestly hoping this game bombs and that Sega just drops this new Shining series. Whatever happened to the REAL Shining Force games? Not just that, but what about the Shining in the Darkness, the Holy Ark etc.? Why do they continue to ruin the Shining name with these horribly generic and cliche anime junk?

Maybe they should stop focusing in on cashing in on Lolita Force and actually make a good game with solid story and believable characters.

Go back to your roots and figure out what made the originals more popular than the ones that are out today.

But then someone had to pop in with cold, hard facts and ruin the grumbling fest.

“What are they waiting for… I swear they are doing everything with this bloody series BUT what the fans want.”

Because what they are currently doing with the series has sold three times the stuff the fans wanted.

“I’m honestly hoping this game bombs and that Sega just drops this new Shining series. Whatever happened to the REAL Shining Force games? Not just that, but what about the Shining in the Darkness, the Holy Ark etc.? Why do they continue to ruin the Shining name with these horribly generic and cliche anime junk?”

Two things.

Firstly sales, below are the lifetime sales of several Shining games in Japan;

Shining the Holy Ark: 83,641
Shining Soul: 72,997
Shining Force 3 (S1): 67,516
Shining Force 3 (S2): 37,592
Shining Force 3 (S3): 38,382
Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon: 34,794
Shining Soul 2: 13,928
Shining Force Neo: 96,013
Shining Tears: 104,762
Shining Force EXA: 130,763
Shining Wind: 126,561
Shining Force Feather: 62,907

As you can see, the best selling Shining game in the series is actually one of those anime junk ones, so is the second and third best selling one. And as for SRPG, the best selling one (Shining Force Feather) is only half of the first and second best selling ones. SEGA also make a great deal of money of off the models of characters from the series. And the one with the most “Classic” style of all of them (Shining Soul 2) absolutely bombed in sales.

Second point, SEGA have asked Camelot a few times to develop a new Shining game for them, alas to no success.

“Go back to your roots and figure out what made the originals more popular than the ones that are out today.”

It’s expected from a number of retailers that Shining Hearts will become one of the best selling Shining games, so unfortunately, it currently enjoys more popularity now than prior in Japan. A true shame.

I should clarify that I prefer the original Shining style (Although I only liked the Force series, the rest I could care less about) but the sad truth was that it never sold as well as the series is doing now in Japan. I doubt Shining Force 1 or 2 sold a great deal either, considering SEGA’s success with the Mega Drive in Japan (Which it was not, sadly)

Hmm. Interesting points Aki-at.

I guess some of us here have just hit that generational gap. :( We’re too old for trendy games perhaps.

I wonder how well Shining Force 3 1-3 sold in Japan compared to the newer Shining series. I’d love a nice deep strategy RPG in the SF universe. I’d even be fine with the newer art style as long as the story was good enough. :)

Aki-At I’ll give you that but it’s just frustrating is all I am saying. I still feel the older games were just better as a whole then these newer ones. Sadly sales are the best way to speak to a company and what sales is what is what will be made. I’d just love to see Camelot take another crack at the Force games. They must still really hate Sega after that whole SF3 fiasco.

The discussion continues...but I think I might sign up for an account just so I can promote the SOS campaign. It sounds like these commenters might be interested.

Also, here are sales numbers for Shining Hearts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 12:38am
by Ashley
So Shining Hearts is the best selling game in the series? [Assuming the Mega Drive games sold less] At least that means the IP will continue, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 12:53am
by Kaihaku
I wish I knew the Virtual Console numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 1:05am
by Devonathan
Kaihaku wrote:I wish I knew the Virtual Console numbers.

Don't forget the Steam numbers as well. As far as I can tell the Classic Pack 4 has been selling really well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 11:30am
by Christine
Ashley wrote:Do you have a source you can point me to for that? It's very pleasing information, really. I can't think of a better team to be in charge of the series.

Sega-Bits forums is a very nice place to get information on numbers. There are a few japanese members on it as well, who have been providing information regularly. Here it is one of them, the one that says it:
http://www.segabits.com/forums/viewtopi ... 824#p26824

Sega JP Twitter is in japanese (of course), so unless you know japanese, it woun't do you much good.
https://twitter.com/sega_feed

About CS3, it is, Sawada is the director of it after all.

I know sales for the Virtual Console are impossible to get. The companies won't release them. Maybe it's the same with Steam.

The problem with the Shining Force formula is that it's niche and it just won't sell. They've tried to, but it just won't. No matter what, Sega is an enterprise, it needs to make money to stay afloat. If Shining starts rising in numbers like Hearts did, then I believe they'd try a complete revamp of the franchise, via something like Valkyria. There's much creativity in the japanese Sega studios. However, older fans won't like it, because it's not Shining Force as they knew. So it's a loss-loss situation regardless.

Albeit Sega has tried to make Camelot back on boat several times, they won't accept it. And it won't make much of a difference either. The first Golden Sun sold well, but the other two not really. Hearts has managed to sell much more in Japan in the same time frame, in a time of crisis and in the PSP no less.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 3:24pm
by Kaihaku
Christine wrote:Albeit Sega has tried to make Camelot back on boat several times, they won't accept it. And it won't make much of a difference either. The first Golden Sun sold well, but the other two not really. Hearts has managed to sell much more in Japan in the same time frame, in a time of crisis and in the PSP no less.

I've heard this before at SegaBits and it seems to be based on information that only the Japanese members are privy to; I would love to see an actual source, even if it is in Japanese. Considering that we're in the midst of the SOS Campaign, it would be relevant to know more about Sega's relationship with Camelot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 4:55pm
by Thief
Guess Shining Force III falls under the same evaluation that Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. Both are exceptional games in their own right, but released towards the end of their respective consoles' life cycle, hence the low sales figures. Which translates to gamers generations later concluding from sheer sales figures that they were utter failures and hence "unworthy".

I can see Neo and Exa selling well, but Tears and Wind? Really? Perhaps saying that there is no accounting for taste is true, after all. Well, they were lucky for being released on a platform that owned its generation, among others.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 5:07pm
by Kaihaku
Thief wrote:Well, they were lucky for being released on a platform that owned its generation, among others.

Insightful. Perhaps the reason that the Shining series has had better sales of late is directly related to that fact that they are on far more popular consoles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 11:14pm
by Christine
The trouble with that reasoning is the PSP is not popular. At least not popular enough for software. Especially now that has been cracked. Selling anything on the PSP is an achievement in itself.

Also, the Saturn demographic on Japan was not low as it was in the west. It was quite high actually, so if it didn't sell, unfortunetly people just weren't interested.

Kaihaku wrote:
Christine wrote:Albeit Sega has tried to make Camelot back on boat several times, they won't accept it. And it won't make much of a difference either. The first Golden Sun sold well, but the other two not really. Hearts has managed to sell much more in Japan in the same time frame, in a time of crisis and in the PSP no less.

I've heard this before at SegaBits and it seems to be based on information that only the Japanese members are privy to; I would love to see an actual source, even if it is in Japanese. Considering that we're in the midst of the SOS Campaign, it would be relevant to know more about Sega's relationship with Camelot.

They get their numbers from the Famitsu magazine. You get such numbers from Neogaf as well. For example, the numbers for the first week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417875

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04 2011 11:25pm
by Kaihaku
Christine wrote:They get their numbers from the Famitsu magazine. You get such numbers from Neogaf as well. For example, the numbers for the first week.

Thanks for the link, I'm glad to have another source for sales figures. I should have been more specific instead of just quoting the whole paragraph, but I was actually asking for sources on "Sega has tried to make Camelot back on boat several times, they won't accept it."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29 2011 5:48pm
by Omega Entity
SPAM!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29 2011 6:13pm
by Kaihaku
Seems pretty on topic to me... Shining Heart is one of the best FPS on PSP after all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29 2011 6:17pm
by Omega Entity
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01 2011 5:20pm
by Kaihaku
But yeah...

Kaihaku wrote:
Christine wrote:They get their numbers from the Famitsu magazine. You get such numbers from Neogaf as well. For example, the numbers for the first week.

Thanks for the link, I'm glad to have another source for sales figures. I should have been more specific instead of just quoting the whole paragraph, but I was actually asking for sources on "Sega has tried to make Camelot back on boat several times, they won't accept it."

Anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04 2011 10:43pm
by Dr. Casey
Tarethen wrote:Revealed in this week's Famitsu, Hearts is a traditional RPG where you attempt to open the door to someone's heart via a heartful lifestyle.

lol best tagline ever

This does need to be translated though, looks like the best Shining game since Shining Force 3.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04 2011 10:48pm
by sulfuroxp
Dr. Casey wrote:
Tarethen wrote:Revealed in this week's Famitsu, Hearts is a traditional RPG where you attempt to open the door to someone's heart via a heartful lifestyle.

This does need to be translated though, looks like the best Shining game since Shining Force 3.

SF Feather and Soul II

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05 2011 12:43am
by Dr. Casey
Both good games, but I'm afraid they're no Shining Hearts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05 2011 3:33pm
by Kaihaku
Dr. Casey wrote:Both good games, but I'm afraid they're no Shining Hearts.

I'd rather play Rune Factory. :shifty: Though, perhaps that's because I'm not much a Shining fan to begin with...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15 2018 12:35pm
by rid1ey
Ashley wrote:I doubt we'll ever see a Shining game released in the US again, to be honest. Sega Europe is directly in charge of the US branch now and SE hasn't published a Shining game here since 1998. It's gloomy, I know, but it's true. :( I'll be importing.

We've had (randomly) Blade Arcus from Shining EX and the upcoming Shining Resonance Re:frain so there is always hope!