Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Hearts
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Heart announced for PSP.

Discussion about the new Japanese Shining game for PSP.
Forum rules
As this is a new game please be careful of posting spoilers! Don't forget to use the spoiler tags :)

Shining Heart announced for PSP.

Postby Tarethen » Wed Aug 04 2010 2:23am

I am trying to find scans, but my google fu has failed me.

This is all I have for now.

Shining Hearts:
- PSP RPG
- Winter release
- Character designs by Tony
- Music by Hiroki Kikuta
- Theme song by Lia

More infor from Adriasang.

Sega's Shining series is coming to PSP through the all new Shining Hearts.

Revealed in this week's Famitsu, Hearts is a traditional RPG where you attempt to open the door to someone's heart via a heartful lifestyle. I don't know what that means either, but apparently you'll be helping out a girl who's lost both her heart and memory

The magazine introduces main character Rikku along with three sisters, Neris, Airy and Amaru. These character live a peaceful life on an island before heading off on a big adventure.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Re: Shining Heart announced for PSP.

Postby sulfuroxp » Wed Aug 04 2010 2:45am

lol what when O__o

where you found that info?
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Tarethen » Wed Aug 04 2010 2:50am

sulfuroxp @ Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:45 pm) wrote: lol what when O__o

where you found that info?

NeoGaf. I'm trying to find scans still but no luck.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby sulfuroxp » Wed Aug 04 2010 2:52am

but in the official page doesn't appear... and in youtube Shining Heart is a manga
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Tarethen » Wed Aug 04 2010 2:54am

sulfuroxp @ Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 pm) wrote: but in the official page doesn't appear... and in youtube Shining Heart is a manga

It's a leaked scan, so obviously Sega hasn't updated their website yet. Besides, Sega is notoriously slow about updating the Shining-World portal.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby sulfuroxp » Wed Aug 04 2010 2:59am

where exactly is the info? i can't find it >___>

I want Soul III =(
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Tarethen » Wed Aug 04 2010 3:16am

Finally. Jesus.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7808/65114110.jpg

Another Shining game that isn't going to come to America. Oh joy!
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby smzee27 » Wed Aug 04 2010 8:34am

Good thing the PSP is region free though.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving."

"Any fool can try to defend his or her mistakes - and most fools do - but it raises one above the herd and gives one a feeling of nobility and exultation to admit one's mistakes."

-Dale Carnegie
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving."

"Any fool can try to defend his or her mistakes - and most fools do - but it raises one above the herd and gives one a feeling of nobility and exultation to admit one's mistakes."

-Dale Carnegie
smzee27

Postby Curious Orange » Wed Aug 04 2010 9:33am

smzee27 @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 am) wrote: Good thing the PSP is region free though.

First thing I was about to ask :)

Looks like I might actually buy a game for my PSP at long last...
"Cold mathematics making its move on me now"
"Cold mathematics making its move on me now"

Postby bum_199 » Wed Aug 04 2010 10:00am

just when you thought shining games couldnt get weirder. according to this it will have sim elements. heres the link.
http://gametab.com/news/3409101/
bum_199

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tarethen » Wed Aug 04 2010 2:07pm

Tarethen @ Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 pm) wrote: Finally. Jesus.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7808/65114110.jpg

Another Shining game that isn't going to come to America. Oh joy!

We got Shining Soul III. It was called Shining Tears.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby Flaming Manakin » Wed Aug 04 2010 7:02pm

Well, I think its clear this won't be an SRPG. Looking at the left hand page, middle image, it seems that three characters portraits are displayed one on top of another, perhaps with health bars. Would suggest, given Tony is the artist, that this is perhaps the sequel to Shining Wind?

If not that, I think it's overwhelmingly likely to be another clearly another in the line of Neo-type Gauntlet style games. The scans don't prove that as such, but are suggestive.
Flaming Manakin

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tarethen » Wed Aug 04 2010 7:06pm

Flaming Manakin @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:02 pm) wrote: Well, I think its clear this won't be an SRPG. Looking at the left hand page, middle image, it seems that three characters portraits are displayed one on top of another, perhaps with health bars. Would suggest, given Tony is the artist, that this is perhaps the sequel to Shining Wind?

If not that, I think it's overwhelmingly likely to be another clearly another in the line of Neo-type Gauntlet style games. The scans don't prove that as such, but are suggestive.

Standard RPG. Not related to Tears or Wind.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby sulfuroxp » Wed Aug 04 2010 8:15pm

http://sega.jp/topics/100802_1/

"Tony's tapestry draws new heroine. For more information and illustrations presented at the venue on the day!"

:D

this is in August 13 :lol:
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Alones » Wed Aug 04 2010 9:36pm

Shining Hearts? A Key inside a heart?

Damn, a kingdom hearts ripoff? Where are you headed, Shining series?
Currently in development: Machina Blade
Currently in development: Machina Blade
Alones

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Kalkano » Wed Aug 04 2010 9:59pm

*cringes* *shudders* Sega...I hate you...Come on Camelot, make "Golden Sun: Tactics".
Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos 2: Origins

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos 2: Origins

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby Tarethen » Wed Aug 04 2010 10:01pm

Kalkano @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm) wrote: *cringes* *shudders* Sega...I hate you...Come on Camelot, make "Golden Sun: Tactics".

Be happy you're getting Golden Sun 3 and not Mario Tennis 2423432432455643543.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Postby whiterose » Wed Aug 04 2010 10:04pm

Alones @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:36 pm) wrote: Shining Hearts? A Key inside a heart?

Damn, a kingdom hearts ripoff? Where are you headed, Shining series?

lolz. That, or Tales of Hearts... or even Pokemon Colosseum/Gale of Darkness, with the whole purifying of shadow Pokemon, by "opening the door to their hearts" thing.

@Kalkano: Yeah... I kinda wish Camelot would take their series back... *sigh*

...And, a Golden Sun srpg game might be pretty awesome... <3
whiterose

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Wed Aug 04 2010 10:13pm

whiterose @ Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:04 pm) wrote:...And, a Golden Sun srpg game might be pretty awesome... <3

I concur off-topic.

On-topic... How will the picnic baskets factor in this heartful lifestyle? :shock:
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Ashley » Wed Aug 04 2010 10:18pm

Detailed preview at Andriasang now, pasted below. The gameplay description is a bit confusing though. At first he says that it's like Tears/Wind, then he says it's a "command based traditional RPG" and goes on to compare it to the Tales series and Super Robot Wars. They're all quite different games, so I'm a bit confused right now.

Sega is returning to the Shining series for a new installment called Shining Hearts. Famitsu has first details this week on the PSP title, which is set for Winter release, priced at ¥6,279.

Shining Hearts is a true RPG, blending fantasy with communication and life aspects. As you work through a story themed around love, friendship and bonds, you'll collect "hearts," leading to changes in the structure and state of your island home.

For those who've been with the Shining series since the beginning, Hearts appears to be along the lines of the Shining Tears and Shining Wind offshoots. It features character designs from Tony, along with SD characters and 2D visuals, viewed overhead during the adventure parts and from the side during combat.

You play as Rick, a young warrior. You've drifted to the peaceful Wyndaria Island, where you now work at a bakery (Famitsu refers to the bakery as a "magic" bakery, although you are just baking bread). Rick lives alongside a trio of sisters, Neris, Airy and Amaru, who work with Rick in the bakery and have their own unique baking abilities.

The three sisters will be the targets of Rick's affection as you work through the game. Based off your daily life and as part of the story, you'll deepen your ties with the girls, and possibly develop a love relationship with them.

There's a fourth girl who plays an important role in Shining Hearts. The young Kaguya arrives on Wyndaria Island one morning following a great storm. She's lost her memory and emotion, a problem that you'll need to help her fix.

Kaguya's arrival brings some changes to Wyndaria. Once peaceful, the island becomes the target of pirates who seek the special spirit stone Kaguya wears around her neck. To return peace to the island, you'll have to combat the pirates on the island and out on the sea.

Famitsu introduces two pirates: Dylan and the female pirate Mistral. Dylan is head of a pirate group called Arc Buccaneers. It's unclear at present if he's an ally or enemy, says Famitsu.

Sega refers to Shining Hearts as a traditional RPG. That, of course, means a command-based battle system for facing off against the pirates. Battles take place from a side-view, with SD sprites of your characters facing off against enemies. When you perform special attacks, you'll get to see full screen animation cut-ins. Looking at the screenshots in Famitsu, it resembles a mix of Tales and Super Robot Wars.

You can form a party of up to four, selecting from your three love targets as well as the other characters you encounter throughout the course of the game. You'll be able to perform special team attacks with your party members. An ally's feelings for you will change during combat as well.

With the presence of the pirates and the island setting, the ocean seems to be a major part of Shining Hearts. The game actually puts your base of operations on a ship called Home Ship. This ship serves both as your home and as your means of transport. While it starts off in a ragged state, you'll be able to build it up with new functionality. Eventually, you'll use the ship to travel to other islands.

When you're not out at sea, you're free to roam Wyndaria Island. You'll be able to take part in a variety of activities. You can progress through story missions, or take on side quests to help out villagers. You can attack characters you've taken an interest in (Famitsu doesn't say why you'd want to do this). You'll also be able to go around the island to collect materials for baking bread and forging your weapons, and even go fishing.

Your collection aspects will include picking up crops, like the pumpkin shown in the magazine's screenshots . Famitsu notes that the plants grow automatically, so there's no need to plant seed for yourself. Shining Force has not yet become a Harvest Moon clone.

As you play through the game, working through the story and helping villagers out on quests, you'll collect Hearts. These can be given to Kaguya to help her return her emotions. As her emotions come back, Kaguya's spirit stone will release "Heart Keys." These can be used to open doors to new worlds, leading to new developments in the story.

Shining Hearts is currently 80% complete. Sega looks like it's already getting into gear with the game's marketing. Comic Market 78, which will be held at Tokyo Big Site starting August 13, will feature item sales for the game.
Ashley

Shining Member
Shining Member

Next

Return to Shining Hearts