SF Cross - Weapon of the Soul

PostPosted: Sat May 29 2010 3:08pm
by sulfuroxp
The complete quest "Weapon of the Soul"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8CW8FzbXr8

Re: SF Cross - Weapon of the Soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01 2010 12:57am
by Martin III
Woah... Excuse my naivete, but how did you capture this video? I thought SF Cross was still only out in arcades.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01 2010 2:29am
by sulfuroxp
SEGA upload this video first :p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02 2010 6:00am
by ExevaloN
Seeing the video, the game took me back. This game has such a feel and look to it, that it is undeniably Sega. Im not sure if its becuase its an arcade game, but when I first saw it, I immediatly went back to PSO and Shining Force Neo/Exa all in one. I even thought Gun Valkyrie too. Who is the developer of Cross?

On a side note, the game looks cool, but it seems to get repetitive after a while. I personally might lose interest after a while if I played it. But I guess I might never find out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03 2010 12:26am
by Martin III
ExevaloN @ Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:00 am) wrote: On a side note, the game looks cool, but it seems to get repetitive after a while. I personally might lose interest after a while if I played it. But I guess I might never find out.

Yep, pretty much exactly how I feel. I still don't like Sega's using "Force" for a non-tactical game, either. I don't assume that they are doing so to be deceitful, but I don't like it. If it were to be released in the west as simply "Shining Cross", I'd certainly at least give it a try, but I think we can safely say that that isn't happening.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04 2010 1:25pm
by sulfuroxp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18 2010 7:44am
by Eric
Just moved to Japan. This game is at my mall.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19 2010 12:58am
by Martin III
Eric @ Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:44 am) wrote: Just moved to Japan. This game is at my mall.

Lucky. :) Have you popped some coins into it yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23 2010 7:31am
by Eric
The game looks fantastic, but so do all the other arcade games. I was playing a dragon quest arcade game that uses cards. The arcade machines are like RPG's containing your data for the next time you play. I have to say that I haven't played it yet. I am kind of a pre-Neo SF fan if that makes sense. Still the game looks great in its own regard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23 2010 9:36pm
by Trovador
Shining Cross is just another Shining Game I will never play. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25 2010 2:12am
by Martin III
Eric @ Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:31 am) wrote: The game looks fantastic, but so do all the other arcade games. I was playing a dragon quest arcade game that uses cards. The arcade machines are like RPG's containing your data for the next time you play. I have to say that I haven't played it yet. I am kind of a pre-Neo SF fan if that makes sense. Still the game looks great in its own regard.

But you're not even curious? I don't think I'd buy the game even if it does get a console port release here in the USA, but I'd certainly blow a few quarters(yes, I know that's not what they have in Japan ;) ) to get a first-hand experience of what the game is like.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18 2010 5:00pm
by sulfuroxp
another EX Quest
"Dancing in the Dark Wing" (google transl...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPgQVEFbsg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20 2010 10:33pm
by Martin III
sulfuroxp @ Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:00 pm) wrote: another EX Quest
"Dancing in the Dark Wing" (google transl...)

A pun on a Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band song, in a Japanese video game? Weird...

Thanks for the video, though. Next best thing to trying the game out for myself.