Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Team Shining Force II #18

Complete!

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Team Shining Force II #18

Postby Simpelicity » Sat Jun 03 2017 2:49am

Done.

Nothing much to report. I essentially blitzed this. Took no losses and was over in a breeze. Everyone is either 13 or 14. Sarah might deserve a bit more attention next time though.

Oh, and I couldn't kill everyone. AI Peter killed the archer before I could kill his accompanying monk.

Here's the save.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MXC » Sat Jun 03 2017 3:05am

I've finally gotten to the point (a few years ago actually) where I actually have to let AI Peter get some kills. He catches up quickly regardless though.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Drakonis » Wed Jun 07 2017 5:52pm

Started off by buying another Long Sword since I faintly remember that Luke will join with a Middle Sword for some weird reason. Keep that in mind.
Also bought some new arms for the rest of the force, as well.
Snagged the Quick Ring out of it's vase.
Talked to a god.
Got some groceries.
Then it was on to battle!

Polca is allways a bit tricky because the map naturally tries to draw you into the middle where all the enemies are. Took it nice and slow this time. Chester, Bowie and Slade where poisoned early, but thankfully, Sarah was able to keep everyone up nice and save.

Everyone is about level 14/15.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drakonis

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Wed Jun 07 2017 6:19pm

I navigated the raft to be close to the shrine before running off to the desert. I was thrown off for a second by the lack of characters but then remembered the challenges ;)

Survived the opening onslaught (if you can call moving 2 squares at a time as an onslaught), but had a near-disaster when Slade was dropped to 1HP. Had a minor freak out when he was attacked by a Golem and the tell-tale double movement had me worried he was going to get attacked again (and dying) but he countered and leveled up instead :)

Luke's turn order has given him 3 conveniently-executed kills to get his level up pretty quickly.

Took a brief break from the action to let Sarah heal (she's running behind on exp) before heading toward the last two groups.

Was able to actually set up a kill for Sarah. That should help a bit. Ended up setting another one up for her too.

Finally, I let the Evil Cloud beat on Jaha (why it went for him, I'm not sure) so I could get Sarah yet another kill.

This battle is a ton easier off of Super difficulty. Seriously, enemies weren't even reducing my casters to half HP on an attack. Everyone is now at level 16, Sarah learned Blast 2, and Luke still has the Middle Sword because I'm lazy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Thu Jun 08 2017 9:09am

I started by getting the Steel Sword and handing it over to Luke so that he can hit a bit harder. Afterwards Egressed and sold Luke's old swords beside that nothing else was done and I jumped immediately into battle.

Somehow the turnorder was very nice to me because I could finish of the first 4 enemies without taking any damage because always rushed or outsmarted (the Arrow Launcher) so that by the time they would have gotten their next turn they were already dead. Because some already reached level 17 I started to liberately tke damage just to be able to level everyone equally and get some work for Sarah.

I managed my aim very good. After cleaning the whole right side, including the Gargoyl from the top who fly all the to the right stairs to attack Peter and shortly afterwards being impaled by a spear, Everyone except for Jaha and Bowie and Sarah were already level 17. So now I waited even more for the right people to get their turn but since everyone easily survives at least 2 Hit (unlike in super) that was no problem and Sarah ended up getting a lot more EXP near the end thansk to using all the MP and killing 2 enemies. Eventually I finished the battle and achieved my goal.

tl;dr Luke has the Steel Sword, no deaths everyone is level 17 and Sarah is the EXP leader with only 2Exp to level 18
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Thu Jun 08 2017 1:44pm

I pillaged the Power Water and headed back to Ribble to get the Achilles Sword for Bowie, selling his Long Sword. My plan for the Kraken battle is to kill everything and hope it isn't nearly as bad since we're not on Super.

The RNG tried to kill Jaha by letting a leg, an arm, and the same leg attack him before he could get out. Fortunately, he dodge the first leg attack and made it out with 2HP.

Kazin learned Desoul.

Fortunately, with so few characters, I'm able to run everyone to the left of the raft to finish off the straggling legs before the last arm and head can come join in. This is normally possible, even with a full group, but it can be a bit of a pain to get everyone to safety.

Everyone is level 18 except Chester (19) and Jaha (17, 90 exp).

Also, who knew there was a soul in your head?
Untitled.png
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Fri Jun 09 2017 7:46am

I never knew that you can desoul the Kraken Head :shock: I always thought it is immune to that because the Kraken head is a boss (even though it doesn't appear in the Boss Battle) and therefore I never even tried to do that.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Fri Jun 09 2017 12:33pm

When it happened, I was actually just screwing around. I had Kazin cast it because I was going to let someone else kill the head but it actually worked :lol:
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Simpelicity » Sat Jun 10 2017 9:46pm

Done!

Nothing much happened. Rohde joined us because he smelled an opportunity. I got and sold the 2 mithrils of the town. Then bought new weapons.

Characters are either 20 or 19, so some promotions are due.

Here's the save.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MXC » Sat Jun 10 2017 10:34pm

Wonderful :)

Antman, remember to promote anyone you can and that if Jaha is 20, he should promote to a Baron. Everyone else will have to wait until we can get their items.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Simpelicity » Sun Jun 11 2017 9:57pm

Except Chester. Eric is our PGNT. Chester can promote right away.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Antman 537 » Thu Jun 15 2017 10:43pm

Been a busy week. Not sure if I'll get to this before sat, but I should have time then for sure.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Antman 537 » Fri Jun 16 2017 1:44am

Got to it sooner than I thought!

Off to that desert town~
Promoted Slade to Ninja and Luke to... BDBT? I'm assuming that those qualify as special classes?
It's been a long while since I did this mission, so I my first concern is that I don't remember much of what the monsters do. Think soulsowers got a special desoul sometimes? something like that. :shifty:
I cut to the left to deal with the handful of monsters there while the others caught up, using the ruin cover to my advantage. Discovered someone left Bowie stunned after the last fight. And that Slade looses his weapon when he's promoted :(
Peter, Sarah, and Bowie lvled to 20!
Gerhalt lvled to 21 because he's a boss.
Kazin dropped to 1hp because an arrow launcher dodged, but he pulled through.
Bowied leads the charge against Taros! Taros counter attacks. Taros goes next and uses bolt! Then taros... goes again and kills Bowie. :( Man, that bolt spell does so much damage; I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with it.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Simpelicity » Fri Jun 16 2017 2:04am

My usual strategy wouldn't work here, because my usual strategy involves a few losses.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MXC » Fri Jun 16 2017 2:16am

You just have to let Taros go twice quickly, run Bowie up there and run him back when he gets damaged. Heal him and send him back up. If you can't pull it off, let me know and I can give it a whirl.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Tue Jun 20 2017 12:21am

Round two! Cured Bowie. Leveled Slade/Luke again. Bought Slade a weapon. Also bought a spear for Chester; I appreciate being able to use him for long or short range.

To battle! The plan is to follow the same strategy as last time, but hopefully with a few more extra heals at the end. But Sarah died anyways. I am always caught off guard by how critical turn order is. :damnit: Fortunately for us, the battle proved pretty impossible without someone to heal Bowie.

Round three!
Things I learned this playthrough: Taros can target over the wall he's next to with Bolt. Bowie died again. :damnit:

Round four....... :(
The hardest part this time was waiting around for the last two enemies to run across the map, so I didn't have to deal with them and Taros at the same time. That, and I had to cycle people out as they got wounded, so I could save Sarah's healing for Bowie.
Peter died; I thought he was out of the area of Taros' bolt, but he wasn't. And Tauros took the opportunity to take two turns in a row and kill him. Deep down, I suspected I'd be the first one to get a party member killed. :(
Gerhalt, Sarah, and Bowie lvled to 20! Chester lvled to 21!
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MXC » Tue Jun 20 2017 12:58am

Well, things are about to get interesting without Peter :lol: Make sure he goes into the Caravan, Noma :D
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Wed Jun 21 2017 9:04am

Losing someone isn't going to be much of a problem unless it's Sarah, because losing her would mean no healing for the rest of the game and that would be very bad.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force II